Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2019 | News and discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I doubt it will to be honest. It would require an overall of every gun.

Not at all, Dice done it many times with BF games, just change the health values.
    I agree with you that they wont change TTK, it suits console aiming to cut out the need to be able to stay on target for any period of time.
    Acceptable for console gameplay, not really for PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Dcully wrote: »
    Still no change to TTK , ill be avoiding if this doesnt change.

Is it the ttk to quick for people? I actually think it's one of the better aspects of the game. That saying I'm a hardcore player normally and hate pumping bullets into lads and them not going down.

All in all I think this is one of the best CODs in ages...hate ground war though.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

How is cross play working for people? As a console peasant I have it disabled, really can't see the point of putting myself into a versus kb+m situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

gimli2112 wrote: »
    How is cross play working for people? As a console peasant I have it disabled, really can't see the point of putting myself into a versus kb+m situation.

As a PC player. I find the console players seem to hold their own, surprisingly. Although, I'm no Shroud :rolleyes:

That right there is one of the main reasons for the silly fast TTK.

• Advertisement

Not at all, Dice done it many times with BF games, just change the health values.
    I agree with you that they wont change TTK, it suits console aiming to cut out the need to be able to stay on target for any period of time.
    Acceptable for console gameplay, not really for PC.

I don't follow your thinking here. From your posts; you reckon staying on target is tougher for console players?

Tracking and flicking are two different skills imo. Flicking being the ability to "flick" to an enemies head half way across the screen and tracking being the ability to stay on a moving target for longer periods of time. This version of CoD requires less tracking but rewards flicking. Given how auto aim works on console (slows down sensitivity when you are near to an enemy), how does that suit flicking over tracking?

Its simple, a longer TTK requires the ability to stay on target longer.
    Any PC player who plays fps games any way regularly can instantly flick to anywhere on the screen in a millisecond,thats the easy part [which in MW is a kill/death] , the hard part is staying on target and taking advantage of headshot multiplier etc [CSGO,Destiny2,BFV BF1 etc and pretty much all other fps games either]
    There is little to no skill with the current TTK in MW when using mouse&kb as any clown with a mouse&kb can instantly kill anything onscreen.
    The net result is everybody just camps as its first to spot wins 99% of the time as there is no time to react.
    This TTK is casual friendly as it doesnt require a good aim at all.

Another thing it affects is the nuances of different weapons, different weapons dont feel any different whatsoever with this TTK, pretty much anything is an instant kill.

Dont get me wrong about this thought, i do enjoy this TTK in the correct setting, one of my favourite fps games insurgency sandstorm has an even faster TTK but thats a realism shooter which is much slower paced, its all about positioning and weapon recoil is just crazy [it has to be experienced to be appreciated].

Yes COD always had a fast-ish TTK but this is by a longshot the fastest, BO4 for example had it pretty much spot on for a COD game imo.

It really is a delicate balancing act for devs,even more so with cross platform.

The thing is normally i wouldnt care but i really enjoy playing the game, increasing the TTK would the cherry on top.
    Meanwhile i find im moving away from it and playing other fps games for multiplayer gaming.

I have to disagree with your assumption that it's easy to flick anywhere on a screen in a millisecond. Where are you getting that from. Tracking is tough but so is flicking quickly. I'd argue tracking is rather easy in CoD compared to the likes of Quake, as players don't move around all that much in CoD. I found the railgun was the hardest skill to pickup. Strange that you mention CSGO in the same sentence which has a much higher skill ceiling and is entirely based around flick shots to the head.

I would have thought short TTK promotes better players as well as camping. If you have a better flick shot, you kill them quicker taking no health. You can take on a few consecutive enemies rather than everyone being bullet sponges and it being more attritional.

I have to disagree with your assumption that it's easy to flick anywhere on a screen in a millisecond. Where are you getting that from.

Im getting it from 20+ years of playing multiplayer fps games with countless people over the years.
    I find it incredibly easy and im far from good im average at best,same story with any pc player i game with.
    Look at any PC gameplay of any fps game, pretty much any fps player on pc can hit any part of the screen rapidly.
    Ofcourse doing so as you term it flickshots to the head consistently is very hard but im talking about just hitting the target as thats all that matters in this COD [and its very easy to do so with mouse&kb] a shot in the toe = a kill in this game hence my point about TTK.
    I dont get why you dont understand keeping your xhair/ironsight on a target is a lot harder than just one tapping someone.

The vast majority of PC fps players are complaining about the same thing, im not the only one:)

Your obsessed with your flickshots btw :P

For the record there is no right or wrong , TTK is totally subjective but the general consensus among pc players is TTK is too fast.

I think we will have to agree to disagree :)

Looking forward to trying the new ground war map added, anyone played it yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Console players in cross play only match with pc players using controllers. Kbm pc players don’t get mixed in

Unless something drastically changed but that was one of the main aspects of crossplay

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Is this not a nerf? EOD in the patch notes says "Buff to EOD perk to make a bit (sic) harder to counter explosives at full health". Sounds to me that lobbing a nade at someone with EOD on they'll be damaged more!?

Played there yesterday pre-patch, EOD was countering claymores in most games and challenges were tracking gracefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Heard a mate saying nvg mode is gone, is that true?

Heard a mate saying nvg mode is gone, is that true?

Is it truly nvg when the there is lights on all over the maps, that can't even be shot out. It is no longer in the playlist it seems. That trial one disappeared from the playlist for me also, I still get the tickets for it.

Also after the patch anyone else have a moderate NAT type? Mine has always been open since forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,868 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

x43r0 wrote: »
    Console players in cross play only match with pc players using controllers. Kbm pc players don’t get mixed in

Unless something drastically changed but that was one of the main aspects of crossplay

I was gonna come in and state that the TTK and kb/m is why crossplay with PC should not be allowed, but if this is the case I'm ok with it. Saying that, I don't think i've seen anyone but PS players in my lobbies. At the start yeah, I saw some Xbox and the odd PC, but all PS this week.

I'm still against crossplay though. Even with Xbox, because of the elite controller. People with money have an unfair advantage imo. Heh, just like real life I suppose!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

That trial one disappeared from the playlist for me also, I still get the tickets for it.

They had issues with that, took it down to fix, it will be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

I cant download this 1.07 patch. It says I dont have enough space. I deleted some installed games and I got 71gb free space on harddrive but it still says cannot download not enough space. The patch is 8gb approx. Anyone else have this problem? I tried turning off the console and trying it again but same problem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Nodferatu wrote: »
    I cant download this 1.07 patch. It says I dont have enough space. I deleted some installed games and I got 71gb free space on harddrive but it still says cannot download not enough space. The patch is 8gb approx. Anyone else have this problem? I tried turning off the console and trying it again but same problem

I had the problem as well. Had about 80gb free as well. Deleted black ops 3 which was about another 90 and it downloaded fine

Nodferatu wrote: »

Patches keep coming like this and space will become an issue for also even though I have 500GB free...

What platform are you on?

Im seeing console players the very odd occasion and im on PC mouse&kb, when i do see them its noticeable how much more PS4 than xbox ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Im seeing console players the very odd occasion and im on PC mouse&kb, when i do see them its noticeable how much more PS4 than xbox ..

Could definitely be a cock up but in general it’s input based so you could be getting those (I assume) rare console players who use kbm. It’s input based so if I got a compatible kbm for my Xbox we could end up in the same lobby

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Just got a wheels on for the first time what an uncontrollable piece of sh1t.

How can they make it so difficult to drive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

Patches keep coming like this and space will become an issue for also even though I have 500GB free...

What platform are you on?

I'm on PS4

heroics wrote: »
    Just got a wheels on for the first time what an uncontrollable piece of sh1t.

How can they make it so difficult to drive

All the 7 kill streaks are crap. They absolutely ruined a sentry gun. The arc is way to big which makes it more than useless they need to give it a serious buff in damage or lessen the arc, what was it in previous a 5?

Haven't tried the tank one but if the wheelson is anything to go by it will be crap too. Drive controls need to have a customisation feature where you can choose ads and shoot with the triggers and drive with both sticks, the same goes for GW tanks.

Shoot House 24/7 is mental. Very disappointed with this kill, probably should have been a quad.... but let it be a lessen didn't realise your own airstrike would kill you!

https://twitter.com/PhilGolden_/status/1192930584420605954?s=20

Could definitely be a cock up but in general it’s input based so you could be getting those (I assume) rare console players who use kbm. It’s input based so if I got a compatible kbm for my Xbox we could end up in the same lobby

Input based makes sense for sure.

Im getting it from 20+ years of playing multiplayer fps games with countless people over the years.
    I find it incredibly easy and im far from good im average at best,same story with any pc player i game with.
    Look at any PC gameplay of any fps game, pretty much any fps player on pc can hit any part of the screen rapidly.
    Ofcourse doing so as you term it flickshots to the head consistently is very hard but im talking about just hitting the target as thats all that matters in this COD [and its very easy to do so with mouse&kb] a shot in the toe = a kill in this game hence my point about TTK.
    I dont get why you dont understand keeping your xhair/ironsight on a target is a lot harder than just one tapping someone.

The vast majority of PC fps players are complaining about the same thing, im not the only one:)

Your obsessed with your flickshots btw :P

For the record there is no right or wrong , TTK is totally subjective but the general consensus among pc players is TTK is too fast.

I think we will have to agree to disagree :)

Yet we agree

• Registered Users Posts: 4,378 ✭✭✭Homelander

Crossplay wise you end up with some console players on PC because they are partied up with friends on PC. I play with friends on Xbox and PS4 and it's always a mix of consoles and PC players, presumably all in similar circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Is this worth picking up lads?

Last cod I put anytime into was ghosts and before that was mw2 and mw1

Ill be on pc is it full of hackers or anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭One More Toy

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    Is this worth picking up lads?

Last cod I put anytime into was ghosts and before that was mw2 and mw1

Ill be on pc is it full of hackers or anything?

Saw one video of an aimbot allright but don't think it's too big a problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Saw one video of an aimbot allright but don't think it's too big a problem

I was on a game this morning. Where I kept reading bot in the kill feed. Like head shot after head shot.

Hacker?

Advertisement