Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2019 | News and discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

It's not the games fault.
    I first noticed this years ago with Rush game modes in Battlefield 3. Vast majority of the time you could only find servers in which the team you spawn into was getting blasted out of it. Pushed back to the start of the map.

No one wants to get their ass kicked so people leave.
    But at the same time other players would gladly whip others. So they sure aren't gonna quit too.

The problem is for me that I join a game half over and spawn trapped and then it ends. It searches for another and it's the same thing again. At least if you get to start a game you have some hope. This game has potential but currently I'm not enjoying it.

In older cods you could always experiment with random classes and do ok . In this you have to be using the metal guns or you wont survive

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Destiny definitely had meta guns at various points. When the clever dragon came out only decent players were using anything else. I think a lot of games are like that. I would have thought there are several good guns in this the Kilo, M41A, MP5, P90, MP7, M13 the errr 725 and the LMG that everyone loves

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Enemy team today had an advanced UAV. Could shoot it down with rockets. Don't even know how to obtain this killstreak!!

I agree that they need to move it to scorestreaks instead of killstreaks. I play alone mostly and in usually capping the B flag alone. Sometimes it's impossible and other times it's easy as nobody on either team are interested in flags.

The game to me isn't broken or "cancer" as described above but I am praying they add scorestreaks, mercenary TDM and make rockets actually useful against streaks other than UAV/counter UAV

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Skyhunter wrote: »
    Use pointman perk?

I keep reading here that it's supposed to be terrible.

The reason I want scorestreaks is to give an incentive for people to play the objective, not hide behind a rock for an entire game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Pointman is a terrible perk but I think I'm the only one who said so here, feel free to try it yourself, but be prepared to be disappointed. Unless you are playing in a party where you have protection from other team members I wouldn't bother with it hardline and kill chain are much better perks. Pointman punishes objective play and makes killstreaks much harder to obtain.
    Skyhunter wrote: »
    Yea I get you. You can only farm so much xp/score from objectives. So many skittish players.

FTFY

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/JoeCecot/status/1192123837510324224?s=20

I fear they are going to make EOD over powered and break the game. EOD as it is OP, C4 and an RPG won't kill someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

MarkY91 wrote: »
    I keep reading here that it's supposed to be terrible.

The reason I want scorestreaks is to give an incentive for people to play the objective, not hide behind a rock for an entire game.
    I fail to see how. Let's take Cyber attack as an example. 1 kill is over 300 points of XP plus whatever other attributes you get for headshots etc.

If that translates into scorestreak score and I'm working this out correctly, you can have a cruise missile or other 5 killstreak after just 2 kills provided you make them interesting kills. That's even more powerful than Hardline.
    5KkkbDF.png

AirBiscuit wrote: »
    I fail to see how. Let's take Cyber attack as an example. 1 kill is over 300 points of XP plus whatever other attributes you get for headshots etc.

If that translates into scorestreak score and I'm working this out correctly, you can have a cruise missile or other 5 killstreak after just 2 kills provided you make them interesting kills. That's even more powerful than Hardline.

You do not get the full score for kills, I don't play any other modes other than dom and tdm myself so can't say how much xp you get from kills in other modes, using pointman I'd imagine it is not much.

edit:
    Tested in a bot game there and you only get a max of 100 points per kill and defusing / planting so hardline would be much better to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭johndoe99

Does Piccadilly match the real life Piccadilly (i have never been).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭One More Toy

johndoe99 wrote: »
    Does Piccadilly match the real life Piccadilly (i have never been).

Hope not you'd never know which bus to get on

• Advertisement

Started to play Piccadilly. Works very well with a riot shield and throwing knives and a 725 as secondary when playing TDM works even better when playing DOM, provided your teammates are not total eejits.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,859 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Sniping shotguns are starting to be more prevalent for me. I'd imagine they will be nerfed in the next update.

I've also found the PKG better for taking down kill streaks. Managed to take down a VTOL and Chopper Gunner with 1 (200 round) mag, in half the time it would take to use the launcher, even with the perk to make reloading faster. Got the gold camo on the PKG last night, now using the SA87, and it's just so terrible in comparison. Gonna take me a while to get gold on that. But concentrating on doing all LMG's first, and appreciate of the new system that doesn't reset everything on prestige. Level 49 now I think, so getting close to the Officer ranks (up to 155 at the moment I believe).

Haven't noticed any improvements with the last update, my lad still letting everyone know I've seen them/got shot. Maybe the footsteps are quieter. Spawns on DOM 20 are still meh. Hope they fix them and add more maps, because it's currently only 3 maps on rotation on DOM 20 that I can tell (Arklov Peak, Euphrates Bridge, Grazna Raid), or at least that's all I seem to get put on.

But agree above, they need to sort out this auto-kicking from lobbies after every game.

There's a lot whining going on about score based match making and about how it's ruining the game. It has neither been confirmed or denied that it is in the game or that it is very strict in match making. People are taking an offal lot of time writing long winded post's about it when it is just a theory, the toxicity of the community on reddit is sickening. They will complain about devs not communicating enough then when they do communicate they complain that its not enough information. I'd say the vast majority of twitter replies to the community manager are about SBMM. Beside the balance issues with weapons the game is in an okay place being not even 2 weeks post launch it is all fixable, has there been any launch that there wasn't at least 1 or 2 OP things in a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭finglashoop

What are best sound options.

I can hear very few clear footsteps but in my kill cam the camper shooting me can hear me coning from 20 yards away

Utterly fed up with this 725 dominating every game

• Registered Users Posts: 13,859 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I can hear very few clear footsteps but in my kill cam the camper shooting me can hear me coning from 20 yards away

Their audio options are lacking tbh, and I had to Google what each one meant, taken from here, and I still don't know which to use for headphones connected to the controller... Been changing up between Home Theatre and Boost, but nothing makes me think 1 is better than the other.
    Boost is the standard option and essentially serves as the game's de facto bass booster setting.

If you want more punch in the higher frequency sounds like a flash bang or the subsequent ringing of a flash bang, Boost High is for you. This will enhance the high frequencies for you.

If you want more power in your explosions and 7.62 bullet sounds, select Boost Low. This enhances the low frequencies.

If you're not the kind of person who cares much about audio mixing and just wants a simple, balanced mix, select Midnight Mode. It's designed for players playing the game late at night who are trying not to wake their roommates or parents or anyone.It equalizes the frequencies of the game and then tunes them down a bit. This means that the explosions won't blow your ears out, but they'll still be heard.

If you're using a headset with surround sound or a home theater setup, select Home Theater. This audio mix is for those with systems of moderate dynamic range that can handle a punchier bullet sound and a more explosive-sounding explosion. We recommend this mode for 3.1 and 5.1 surround sound users.

If you have a more upscale headset or home theater setup, something that uses 7.1 surround sound, select the Dynamic Home Theater audio mix. This simply takes the Home Theater mix and raises the bar by making explosives even louder and bullets even punchier.

The final audio mix is for players with top-tier audio set ups. We're talking Dolby Atmos sound projection and 3D sound mapping here. Known as Studio Reference, this audio mix brings the maximum dynamic range to the game which is closest you'll get to the true sounds designed for the game.

What happened to just having a choice between TV, Headphones, Home Theatre?

Worst part is that by the time I get around to using this and doing the challenges, it'll be nerfed so bad it won't be usable!

Low boost is the best to hear footsteps as the frequencies boosted are in the same frequency range of footsteps, though it will make explosions stand out a tad more also. Midnight mode also might be another I'd look at as it does not boost footstep frequency but reduces explosives.

There's a lot whining going on about score based match making and about how it's ruining the game. It has neither been confirmed or denied that it is in the game or that it is very strict in match making. People are taking an offal lot of time writing long winded post's about it when it is just a theory, the toxicity of the community on reddit is sickening. They will complain about devs not communicating enough then when they do communicate they complain that its not enough information. I'd say the vast majority of twitter replies to the community manager are about SBMM. Beside the balance issues with weapons the game is in an okay place being not even 2 weeks post launch it is all fixable, has there been any launch that there wasn't at least 1 or 2 OP things in a game.

you see that all the time particularly on youtube. I mean grand the lads can't go 84-2 or get nukes anymore but the whinging is always off the charts. I've played games where SBM came at the cost of connection which was bad but like you say it's not confirmed how it's being applied here.
    The game does have net code issues but not game breaking for a scrub like me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭johndoe99

the weapon i use the most, with the right attachments, its one shot one kill, deadly weapon.

• Advertisement

johndoe99 wrote: »
    the weapon i use the most, with the right attachments, its one shot one kill, deadly weapon.

Its one shot even at range. The game is broken at the moment with the 725 in its current form

Any connection issues I have experienced came from peer connections. I've a router that can set a geo-filter so I will only connect to a server within a max radius of about 600km (London) but the London server can connect to anywhere so somebody from Germany could be on the server connected through a German dedicated server. Also when connected to a dedicated server the tick rate has always been above 60hz both for me and the server, same with a peer connection, but when on peer my ping always spikes above 120ms. You'll notice a peer connection in game because it does not show rank above 56 for all players other than the host who will show the officer rank. If crossplay is disabled then there is a greater chance to be on a peer connection, with it enabled it has to be a dedicated server.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

https://youtu.be/TmqPaojsnv0

A video from xclusive ace with the sound options explained and demoed

Challenges fixed for anyone else? Seems to be tracking properly for me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Just logged on and downloaded 1.07 over 8GB on the PS4

Footsteps seem quieter to me and battle chatter is way reduced.

dexerto.com/call-of-duty/modern-warfare-1-07-update-patch-notes-1228588

Full list below:

General
    Backend fixes to prevent crashes and improve stability across all platforms, include dev errors, and various performance fixes.
    Fix for a few bugs where some streaks and Field Upgrades were able to be flown out of bounds without penalty. General out of bound fixes were also added.
    Fix for a bug where a player being killed by an enemy with a Variable Zoom Scope would not see the zoom function in the killcam
    Fix for the Semtex warning audio being heard at the same volume whether in a building or outside
    In Headquarters, players were able to place a Tac Insert and respawn when their team owned the point. This has been fixed.
    Fix for various collision issues across maps
    Added UI that shows when XP events are active in playlists menus
    Sprint and Tactical Sprint speeds are now back to speeds in Beta
    Fix for a bug where the progress of the bomb defusal can be seen by the team that planted the bomb
    Fix for a bug that revealed players to UAVs when they fired their weapons, even if they had Ghost and a silencer equipped
    Fixed an issue where if multiple Personal Radars were active on a team, and are both marking the same enemy, only one player would see the enemy on their minimap.
    RIOT SHIELD:

Fixed an issue where the throwing knife and Thermite weren’t causing the shield to go on the player’s back when thrown. We’ve also fixed the issue where explosive splash damage wasn’t working consistently. We’ll continue to tune the Riot Shield in future updates.

CLAYMORES:

Detonating an enemy claymore with bullets is now non-lethal when at full health. We’ve also reduced the trigger and damage radius and also reduced the damage width to better match the trigger width.

BATTLE CHATTER:

Removed the ability for enemies to hear when they’ve been called out by the opposing team. We also adjusted the enemy callouts so they are never from your Operator. Enemy callouts now use a more restricted cone at the hip and even more restricted in ADS when calculating whether or not to trigger. We’ll continue to monitor this and make additional tweaks to Battle Chatter in future updates.

MOUNTING:

Slight increase to recoil while mounting.

PERKS:

E.O.D. now clamps damage to a non-lethal amount, assuming the player is at full health

LIGHTING:

Continued updates to player visibility in dark windows and dark areas.

FOOTSTEPS:

We’ve increased the occlusion percentage to filter footstep sounds behind geometry and adjusted the footstep volume at a distance. We have another large footstep change coming in the next update which will make crouch and ADS movement significantly quieter. Stay tuned!

CHALLENGES/PROGRESSION/RANK

Daily Challenges and Active Missions are getting a full sweep of testing and fixes. We’ll have more updates to these systems in future updates.

Fix for a bug where the Infiltrator challenge was not tracking properly
    Fix for launchers not giving XP when shooting down killstreaks
    Fix for a bug where planting or defusing 5 bombs in Cyber Attack or SnD was not tracking properly
    Camo challenge for “Kills After a Reload” didn’t give the player enough time to acquire a kill, so time has been increased
    Fix for a bug where your XP require to reach the next rank was higher than the value needed
    Weapons
    725 Shotgun: Increase to ADS and Hip Spread, reduced damage range
    M4A1 Assault Rifle: Reduced damage range, small recoil increase
    Assault Rifles: Increased hip spread to reduce effectiveness up close, less damage at long range for full auto 5.56 rifles
    SMGs: Increased move speed, increased ADS move speed, small reduction in sprint out time
    UZI SMG: Increased damage range
    MG34 LMG: Increased hip spread, damage range reduction, small ADS slow down
    M91 LMG: Increased hip spread, small damage range reduction
    PKM: Increased hip spread, medium damage range reduction
    Pistols: Increased move speed, reduced sprint out time, increased damage range
    Crouch and Prone no longer adjust recoil
    CALL OF DUTY LEAGUE

Updated rulesets for CDL competitive modes in private match

CYBER ATTACK

Fix for a bug where a player could use lose their primary weapon and would be unable to see their viewmodel after being revived by a teammate

GROUND WAR

Fix for a bug where players would sometimes be unable to pick a spawn location
    Fix for a bug where a Tac Insert could cause players to spawn on the enemy home base
    Special Ops
    Pick up Intel! – In the Operations, explore Verdansk to find additional backstory information of Verdansk and the Operators.
    Fix for scoreboards displaying incorrect data
    XP adjustments and general backend fixes
    Various fixes for out of bounds and parachute exploits
    Respawn timer no longer stays on screen after teammates are revived from bleedout
    Fix for issue where the Munitions were not usable after respawning via Gunship
    Fix for losing your weapons when picking up the core
    Achievements can now be unlocked in CP
    Fix for issue where players could spawn with their weapons in the downed state
    Picked up Munitions no longer carry over from match to match. Only the Munitions you purchase with points will.
    When respawning via the Gunship, you will no longer be given the Tank role
    Selecting an Allegiance Operator or Allegiance as a favorite faction will now properly assign the voice of the correct operator
    Operation Headhunter: Fix for a bug where players are not able to lock missiles onto the final boss helicopter
    Operation Crosswind: Adjusted stealth for gameplay
    Operation Paladin:
    Fix for a bug where there was no UI or indicator of where to go or how to finish the objective after defending the 3rd arms crate
    Fix for a bug where the default weapon was different than the weapon a player would hold if they were placed in Last Stand

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Challenges fixed for anyone else? Seems to be tracking properly for me now.

My current one is finally. Def had more done but at least its working now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Camo challenge for “Kills After a Reload” didn’t give the player enough time to acquire a kill, so time has been increase

This...... OMFG has my heart broken over the last day or two:mad: you had to have killed someone within a picosecond of reloading to register a kill. Although last night I burst through a few levels but it took a lot of camping and effort but was ridiculous the way it was.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Still no change to TTK , ill be avoiding if this doesnt change.

Dcully wrote: »
    Still no change to TTK , ill be avoiding if this doesnt change.

I doubt it will to be honest. It would require an overall of every gun.

• Advertisement

I was laughing at the post in YLYL from the guy selling MW as it's the worst thing that ever happened to him and then remembered my copy of Blops 2 is probably still in my garden.

Advertisement