Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2019 | News and discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

circadian wrote: »
    The FAL became a go to weapon for me in previous Cod games, hoping I can get that back. I remember it having the stopping power for a 2 shot kill.

Trying my hardest to get my MP5 chops up but the ttk with it is just one or two shots too many. So they've got the balance perfect on that one!

It is beastly was using it last night with 1 attachment (short barrel, faster ADS). If you've a trigger finger then using it for close quarters will decimate. Depending on damage taking it can be a 2 shot, but normally 3-4, 2 shot to the head.

The uzi is also a beast once you get used to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

every youtube video I watch this morning is whinging about SBM. My sympathy levels are at zero

• Registered Users Posts: 19,083 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Wish there was more skill involved with the people killing me waiting around a corner, headphones at full volume with a pistol and a ridiculous looking scope attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭circadian

gimli2112 wrote: »
    every youtube video I watch this morning is whinging about SBM. My sympathy levels are at zero

SBM?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

circadian wrote: »
    SBM?

Skill Based Matchmaking.

Whingy you tubers are being found out to not be as good as they like to think they are.

• Advertisement

Liam O wrote: »
    Wish there was more skill involved with the people killing me waiting around a corner, headphones at full volume with a pistol and a ridiculous looking scope attached.

Don't worry about it they won't be able to hear shit in a few months.

I fecking love gunfight
    Playing with my brother who's better than me helps. Playing with randoms kills my W/L but boosts my kdr :)

Just on the Skill based matchmaking stuff maybe because I only play GF it doesn't effect me as the groups we're up against are certainly mixed. Terms like reverse boosting and lobby shopping have unfortunately entered my vocabulary

The game is great when it decides to launch on PC

It's just completely random if it does or not :/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

F1ngers wrote: »
    Skill Based Matchmaking.

Whingy you tubers are being found out to not be as good as they like to think they are.

I don't notice this in play. I was absolutely terrible at this cod until last week, I suddenly started destroying enemy teams and more or less being the reason why my team won (always play solo), I suspect I'll start noticing SBM kicking in as my stats are starting to improve.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭smokingman

Any idea when the season 1 download hits?

• Advertisement

smokingman wrote: »

Just rebooted battle.net and its 20 gigs

smokingman wrote: »

Nothing on PS4.

EDIT: 15.6GB on PS4 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,425 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Worth getting on Xbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

They removed shoothouse 24/7 what am I going to play now!!

Crash 24/7 instead :)

Actually maybe rammaza dom/tdm20 will pick the pace up on that map

heroics wrote: »
    They removed shoothouse 24/7 what am I going to play now!!

Crash 24/7 instead :)

It would be nice if you could choose what map to play 24/7, love shoothouse more than crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,866 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Season 1 outline
    - Level reset to 55 with 100 more Officer levels
    - 2 new weapons:
    - HOLGER-26: Fully automatic light machine gun to hold off waves of enemies
    - RAM-7: A bullpup with compact design perfect for close-quarters combat.
    - Three new MP maps: Crash, Shipment, Vacant
    - Three new 2v2 maps: Atrium, Cargo, Shipment (2v2)
    - New Ground War map: Port
    - Three new modes:
    - REINFORCE: Work as a team to capture zones and stay alive (no re-spawn until zone taken)
    - INFECTED: Infect everyone, or survive the game to win (YURT!)
    - GUFIGHT O.S.P: 2v2 rules, but it’s a race to the weapons
    - New Spec Ops missions

Battle Pass for Season 1
    - A new Operator: Mara
    - 100 Tiers of Content
    - Up to 1300 COD points back! (via earning)
    - Over 80 additional items just from playing, including XP Tokens, Watches and more
    - Legendary and Epic Operator skins
    - Rare, Epic and Legendary blueprints

Cost: 1000CP

Battle Pass Bundle
    - Skip the first 20 levels

Cost: 4000CP 2400CP

That's not bad in fairness. A lot more bang for your buck compared to previous games, plus the option to earn back more than you pay. 1000CP is $9.99 on PS4, and 2400CP is €19.99. Confirmed that you can still level back up to 155, but the Battle Pass is separate. The first 20 in the battle pass can be unlocked by all, and only the next 80 can be unlocked with the Battle Pass and playing the game. I'm impressed, I didn't think they would be this 'generous' and were going to screw us with it. Good that everyone gets the weapons and maps though. I'll definitely get the BP, in 2 minds about the skipping as I was only 113 when it reset.

Just played a game of crash there. Not really sure. Team got absolutely steamrolled by the other team

100% take shoothouse over crash. Every game end up spawn trapped in bottom corner near the grass area

Where is infected? Gungame was removed from the list of modes.

Why would they remove gungame? That and shoothouse 24/7 was all I played. I like crash but that is not a 24/7 map way too big!

I thought I paid 60 quid for this game already

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,866 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I thought I paid 60 quid for this game already

You did. Just like every year, the base game is included in the purchase price. this year, you're still getting the previously-charged DLC for free (maps), and some extra stuff for free. The €10 gives you more stuff, but all cosmetic. You don't have to pay any more if you don't want. Like Fortnite, can be enjoyed without paying anything more.

Where is infected? Gungame was removed from the list of modes.

Why would they remove gungame? That and shoothouse 24/7 was all I played. I like crash but that is not a 24/7 map way too big!

Battlefield started doing this in V. The argument was so as to not split the player base. That's fine but not if they remove the only game you play / want to play.

I'm genuinely thinking of getting the BP, if for no other reason than to support the model. It won't work though I'd say this is going to hit them in the pocket, for which there will be consequences.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

If there's anyone here who regularly plays online and wants to party up, post your Gamertag or PSN and I'll add them to the list

I'm on most nights looking for a party

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I'm genuinely thinking of getting the BP, if for no other reason than to support the model. It won't work though I'd say this is going to hit them in the pocket, for which there will be consequences.

This actually pays for itself, 1000CP to buy the battle pass and you get 1300CP back through the levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭circadian

Love gun game, always have. Had a few rounds on Crash last night and absolutely decimated the opposition.

It was easily one of my favourite COD4 maps and I get the feeling quite a few players now have never really encountered it. Hoping for them to drop Wet Work into this.

You did. Just like every year, the base game is included in the purchase price. this year, you're still getting the previously-charged DLC for free (maps), and some extra stuff for free. The €10 gives you more stuff, but all cosmetic. You don't have to pay any more if you don't want. Like Fortnite, can be enjoyed without paying anything more.

Given that this the 2nd COD game I've ever bought, I'm not used to this gouging in a fully priced game. At least its just cosmetics I guess. I'll be letting them know how I feel about with my wallet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,376 ✭✭✭Homelander

It's not gouging really. It's the same model as Apex, you can buy a battlepass which unlocks cosmetics, additional stuff, but nothing that affects core gameplay or restricts your ability to play certain maps.

I bought the Apex Battle Pass because the base-game is free and wanted to support it, but zero intention of buying the COD one though at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Homelander wrote: »
    It's not gouging really. It's the same model as Apex, you can buy a battlepass which unlocks cosmetics, additional stuff, but nothing that affects core gameplay or restricts your ability to play certain maps.

I bought the Apex Battle Pass because the base-game is free and wanted to support it, but zero intention of buying the COD one though at this point.

But also, you pay absolutely nothing for Apex.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against this model per se and I can even see the benefits over a season pass of DLC content which splits the player base but Activision are taking a free-to-play pay mechanic and applying it to a full price AAA game.

They need to remove every door from Crash, having them in slows the pace.

• Advertisement

Also on Euphrates bridge or whatever it’s called. Why do you have to spawn a 10 minute run from the action. Only option is to snipe

Advertisement