Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 284 ✭✭DraftDodger

no that is the issue. we have someone running for president and there is a strong possibility he is owned by a foreign power.

Any proof of that?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,497 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

no that is the issue. we have someone running for president and there is a strong possibility he is owned by a foreign power.

That possibility exists solely in your head currently.

Also not only that, his debts open him up to manipulation from more than just foreign powers which is a pretty deal when he's struggling to pay them back.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,205 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Any proof of that?

who does he owe that 400M to?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,969 ✭✭✭threeball

I don't think Trump has even many supporters in the US tbh. People still don't get it. Voting Trump is a kick in the balls to the liberals who have nothing to offer Americans but the same old tired rhetoric that has failed them for years. Trump's family probably don't even like him never mind Trump supporters.

All this releasing of his tax affairs and the soldiers are losers comments and any other stuff will not change the course of the election.

You don't even know what a liberal is. They're rarer than hens teeth in America. FYI Democrats aren't liberals, they are only slightly less backward than 90% of republicans.

• Advertisement

That possibility exists solely in your head currently.

so there is no possibility that he owes 400M to a foreign power? none, nada, zilch possibility of that?

sure thing. weird that everything you post supports trump. but you are definitely not a trump supporter.

Are you unable to separate the person from his actions?
    I am.

I don’t think everything he did is right.
    I don’t think everything he does is wrong.

I decide item by item instead of having this childish mentality that if he did it it must be wrong.

so there is no possibility that he owes 400M to a foreign power? none, nada, zilch possibility of that?

There is a possibility he owes 400m to the Borg.

But I’m kinda interested in evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Imagine thinking that a newspaper of record like the NY Times would just make up a story because they're out to get him. This isn't the bloody Sun you're talking about. Trump supporters and their desperate conspiracy theories make me laugh.

I mean, they've been caught lying (they had an article on how Bush wasnt going to vote for Trump and Bush's spokesman came out and denied that immediately) or omitting facts in story to paint a certain picture (Kavanaugh for example).

I'm not a trump supporter either. I think the guy is an idiot.

There is a possibility he owes 400m to the Borg.

But I’m kinda interested in evidence.

you're really not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,103 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Trump's image is a sham. One of the things jumping out of the Times article is the use of "consultancy fees" as an expense to reduce his taxable income. Some of these fees were actually being funnelled to Ivanka Trump. Now that's dodgy as hell. She's part of the Trump Organisation - they kept the money in the family but eliminated the tax liability on it by claiming it as an expense. That's closer to evasion than avoidance.

you're really not.

(Ahhh playground rules)

Yes I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I suppose the donations the financial sector in the US make to presidental candidates is an inconvenience to your argument?

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/11/bankers-back-biden-trump-393297

It's not even relevant to anything I said, so no. No amount of pretending apples are oranges will distract from that, this man is radioactive in corporate terms because anything you let him near would be considered at risk.

Somebody in a hair of this much hard debt would be screened out of a job in Dealz because they'd be considered too much of a liability, you couldn't trust him not to give his loan shark the blind eye to fleece the store.

He couldn't get a job as a cleaner in most offices because he could be used to case the place.

He couldn't get a job as a security guard to a warehouse, because he could be used as a wedge for thieves to get in.

He could not get so much as a job on a factory production line nowadays because he could be used to steal corporate secrets.

And on and on and on.

Somebody in this much debt is considered inherently compromised no matter how morally upright they might have been in other circumstances, dangerous to any institution they're involved in, because they will always be an obvious entry point for further bad actors.

It's not even relevant to anything I said, so no. No amount of pretending apples are oranges will distract from that, this man is radioactive in corporate terms because anything you let him near would be considered at risk.

Somebody in a hair of this much hard debt would be screened out of a job in Dealz because they'd be considered too much of a liability, you couldn't trust him not to give his loan shark the blind eye to fleece the store.

He couldn't get a job as a cleaner in most offices because he could be used to case the place.

He couldn't get a job as a security guard to a warehouse, because he could be used as a wedge for thieves to get in.

He could not get so much as a job on a factory production line nowadays because he could be used to steal corporate secrets.

And on and on and on.

Somebody in this much debt is considered inherently untrustworthy no matter how morally upright they might have been otherwise, dangerous to any institution they're involved in, because they will always be dangerously compromised and an obvious entry point for further bad actors.

they dont care about any of that. they only care about owning the libs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

biko wrote: »
    A ballot-harvesting racket in Democratic Rep. Ilhan Omar’s Minneapolis district — where paid workers illegally gather absentee ballots from elderly Somali immigrants — appears to have been busted by undercover news organization Project Veritas.

One alleged ballot harvester, Liban Mohamed, the brother of Minneapolis city council member Jamal Osman, is shown in a bombshell Snapchat video rifling through piles of ballots strewn across his dashboard.

https://nypost.com/2020/09/27/project-veritas-uncovers-ballot-harvesting-fraud-in-minnesota/

Project Veritas, like any other media with "Truth" in their name, have a very lax relationship with the truth. O Keefe's reputation isn't great and these days, the only people to take his videos seriously are the types of people who's twitter feed is full of conspiracy theorists and other assorted loons.

Come to think of it, didn't you fall for a tweet by some conspiracy loon a few weeks ago and then post it in one of these threads?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 284 ✭✭DraftDodger

Project Veritas, like any other media with "Truth" in their name, have a very lax relationship with the truth. O Keefe's reputation isn't great and these days, the only people to take his videos seriously are the types of people who's twitter feed is full of conspiracy theorists and other assorted loons.

Come to think of it, didn't you fall for a tweet by some conspiracy loon a few weeks ago and then post it in one of these threads?

Of course the likes of CNN and Fox are bastion's of truth

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

The likes of James O'Keefe and Jacob Wohl are not journalists, and nothing they do can be trusted or taken at face value..

And on and on and on.

Somebody in this much debt is considered inherently compromised no matter how morally upright they might have been in other circumstances, dangerous to any institution they're involved in, because they will always be an obvious entry point for further bad actors.

It’s very relevant, you seem to be happy to speak for the banking sector and I’m pointing out the banking sector are happy to make donations to the man. So that kinda puts your ideological based argument to bed.

Sure in an ideal world nobody would do business with somebody like him.

But that’s not the world we live in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Of course the likes of CNN and Fox are bastion's of truth

Nobody said that but news organisations like Fox are very good when it comes to their factual reporting. They have a bias but a very high percentage of the factual statements on their straight news shows are accurate.

Project Veritas, on the other hand, is just a slightly more competent Jacob Wohl. They're up to the same shíte, that is to say hoaxing, but Wohl is woeful at it.

It’s very relevant, you seem to be happy to speak for the banking sector and I’m pointing out the banking sector are happy to make donations to the man. So that kinda puts your ideological based argument to bed.

Sure in an ideal world nobody would do business with somebody like him.

But that’s not the world we live in.

we know about the donations. they are also domestic. so at worst the president is wildly partisan which is nothing new. All american politics is built on donations and is partisan because of that. a president that is in the pocket of a foreign power is an entirely different matter and strangely you refuse to acknowledge that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,499 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

So banks won't hire a person in such debt because of the risks that are inherent in such a position but they will donate to him?

Bascially, that is telling you they are more than happy to use somebody like him to gain advantage, but won't take the risk themselves.

But once again you missing a vital component in all of this.

If Trump is now a failed businessman, what exactly is it that he brings to the table? He said he didn't need experience of politics because he was a successful businessman. That is false.

Think back to 2016. A broke Tonald Drump comes down an escalator and says that, despite being massively in debt, despite many of his business continuing to fail, and despite having no political experience or policies, he wants to be POTUS. How do you think the vast majority of people would have reacted?

So he cultivated this idea that he was indeed a success, which he levereaged his time on the Apprentice to garner, and that gave him enough in to be in the race. That all that has subsequently been shown to be a scam, a con, yet you seem to be suggested that none of it matters and that he should still be taken seriously.

Now, if by chance he had turned out to be a great POTUS then I could understand. If he had fixed healthcare, infrastructure, the national debt, the widening wealth gap. Sorted out gun violence, brought the country together etc then I could understand. Th eplucky outsider, gifted a chance normally reserved for others shows that talent out does everything.

But now of that happened. He hasn't achieved anything, and with knowledge of how his business failed it makes perfect sense why he failed as POTUS.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,629 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Can postal votes be sent in at any time in the US.i always assumed there was a time limit?

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Can postal votes be sent in at any time in the US.i always assumed there was a time limit?

postal voting in the US is state dependent.

we know about the donations. they are also domestic. so at worst the president is wildly partisan which is nothing new. All american politics is built on donations and is partisan because of that. a president that is in the pocket of a foreign power is an entirely different matter and strangely you refuse to acknowledge that.

Are you still on about the Borg?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

It’s very relevant, you seem to be happy to speak for the banking sector and I’m pointing out the banking sector are happy to make donations to the man. So that kinda puts your ideological based argument to bed

Nothing to do with anything, and I already said it's not a moral issue. A donation is not a standing liability, it's fire and forget. It's the difference between handing a beggar a fiver vs giving them my credit card and telling them to buy a fiver's worth of stuff. I'm not going to humour you on this, no amount of clanging pots or nonsequiters together can obscure a 1.1 Billion dollar dog leash.

Nobody who is a billion dollars in debt gets to that point without everybody around them knowing it, btw. The GOP knowingly gave this man keys to the entire security apparatus of the United States with at least some of its leadership aware he was somebody else's financially wholly owned livestock.

Are you still on about the Borg?

are you going to spend all day posting like a child?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,629 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

postal voting in the US is state dependent.

Fair enough I always thought that the ballots would only be sent out a few weeks before

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Fair enough I always thought that the ballots would only be sent out a few weeks before

went out weeks ago. already nearly 1M votes have been cast.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I see todays talikng point to distract from trumps taxes has been released

There is a separate thread for that discussion.
    Why are you trying to divert attention from mail in fraud?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,467 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Nothing to do with anything, and I already said it's not a moral issue. A donation is not a standing liability, it's fire and forget. It's the difference between handing a beggar a fiver vs giving them my credit card and telling them to buy a fiver's worth of stuff. I'm not going to humour you on this, no amount of clanging pots or nonsequiters together can obscure a 1.1 Billion dollar dog leash.

Nobody who is a billion dollars in debt gets to that point without everybody around them knowing it, btw. The GOP knowingly gave this man keys to the entire security apparatus of the United States with at least some of its leadership aware he was somebody else's financially wholly owned livestock.

The GOP fought tooth and nail to try and keep the nomination from him, the about face only came when he won. If he loses, or post second term, he'll be
    by himself again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement