Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,286 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Trump was ls 100% correct to be concerned about voter fraud. Seems the FBI are investigating mail in ballots for President Trump being found in a bin

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/temporary-contractor-threw-trump-mail-ballots-trash-pennsylvania/story?id=73251533

you should really read all the way to the end of an article before posting it

The president went on to discuss the incident on Fox News Radio's "Brian Kilmeade Show," claiming without evidence it backed up his baseless claims on fraudulent mail-in voting

• Registered Users Posts: 11,309 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Trump was ls 100% correct to be concerned about voter fraud. Seems the FBI are investigating mail in ballots for President Trump being found in a bin

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/temporary-contractor-threw-trump-mail-ballots-trash-pennsylvania/story?id=73251533

That article makes it clear it was a mistake by a temporary worker. It has nothing to do with fraud, you’re not even trying anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1310326277216362497?s=19

Pays less tax than a teenager working a summer job. What a patriot.

The more interest aspect is he's bleeding money so it puts to bed the idea he is a good businessman, once and for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,139 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Mr Billionaire pays less tax than someone with a part-time job and his businesses have a record of chronic losses. Are we surprised?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Tbf, this all means absolutely nothing.

The people who are going to vote for him will still vote for him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Where did the NYT get the figures? Could they be made up?

Yeah sure they just made them up. Jesus man have some objectivity. The article itself says they've been discussing the revelations with Trump's lawyers before publishing who didn't exactly deny but tried to spin it differently.

DrumSteve wrote: »

Perhaps but someone on the fence or undecided might think differently. Him paying no personal taxes in 11 of 18 years revealed in the article won't exactly endear him to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,236 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

A bum losing his Daddy’s fortune. I await with interest how his lemmings spin this.

• Advertisement

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    A bum losing his Daddy’s fortune. I await with interest how his lemmings spin this.

It'll be along the lines of: ah shur every wealthy person doesn't pay tax, this is grand.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 284 ✭✭DraftDodger

That will actually play well with his base tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,522 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

True. 40% of the electorate are always going to vote for him.
    And 40% of the electorate are always going to vote for Biden.

What is in play is those from the remaining 20% who are likely to be somewhat malleable in their allegiance which might be only 10% or so of the total electorate.

How do you think these people will have viewed the last 4 years and revelations such as this and his comments on withholding the dangers of Covid and how he feels about dead soldiers?

uneducated whites? yeah, it quite possibly will.

Look missus, I know trump fans can't seem to go to long without uttering main stream media blah blah, but do you think that their legal team wouldn't have checked this over and back before allowing this to go to publishing so not to leave themselves open to lawsuits?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

namloc1980 wrote: »
    It'll be along the lines of: ah shur every wealthy person doesn't pay tax, this is grand.

Didnt one of them once claim its every American patriot duty or something to avoid paying taxes.... something along those lines anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I dont know the details but he has declined his presidential salary and has removed himself from his businesses to avoid a conflict of interest. I'm not sure what his actual earnings would be.

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Look missus, I know trump fans can't seem to go to long without uttering main stream media blah blah, but do you think that their legal team wouldn't have checked this over and back before allowing this to go to publishing so not to leave themselves open to lawsuits?

Yep, in all likelihood they've had lawyers going over it for months. The story becomes a legal liability to simply make it up. One stand out from the story is that he's got hundreds of millions worth of debts that he'll have to pay back in the next 4 years. Plus there's the issue of some 70 million dollars that he may owe the IRS for tax refunds he wasn't eligible for. That case would likely be unfrozen if he left office.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

"Within the next four years, more than $300 million in loans — obligations for which he is personally responsible — will come due."

The Russians are coming...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭Cody montana

I wonder is he bankrupt?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

This report just vindicates everything that anyone with any common sense whatsoever has presumed to be true for the last couple of years regardless. Sweet, sweet vindication. I'd say the NYT has been waiting to post this for months if not years.

Didnt one of them once claim its every American patriot duty or something to avoid paying taxes.... something along those lines anyway.

Yeah that's right. I do wonder what it would take for Trump to do for one of his devotees to finally say, you know what he's actually gone too far this time. I actually don't think there's anything he could do that they wouldn't excuse.

Back to his taxes. It shows his schtick about him being a great businessman is a load of crap. Once again the emperor has no clothes.

I dont know the details but he has declined his presidential salary and has removed himself from his businesses to avoid a conflict of interest. I'm not sure what his actual earnings would be.

He paid no taxes in 11 of the 18 years examined. Almost all the revelations in the Times article are before him being elected.

he says he has removed himself from his businesses and as we all know he is remarkably honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭Cody montana

He’s also racked up a 7 Trillion deficit in 4 years in the USA.
    And they want another 4 years of this.

I wonder is he bankrupt?

Seemingly he has $400m+ in loans due to mature in the next few years. That'll be fun.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Yeah that's right. I do wonder what it would take for Trump to do for one of his devotees to finally say, you know what he's actually gone too far this time. I actually don't think there's anything he could do that they wouldn't excuse.

there isn't. their support for him is based on mutual hate.

Weird, he's profiteered plenty via his presidency as detailed in the article. Probably good to get the details first.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,619 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

His base are locked in no matter what, even if he shoots one of them on 5th Avenue as he said himself. But if Biden calls him out during the debate for only paying $750 in federal taxes it will be interesting to hear Trumps answer. If he denies he only paid $750 then the simple response is to prove it and call on him to release his tax returns just as Biden has done and every other Presidential candidate since the 80s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,236 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Here's some details:

"This time around, he is personally responsible for loans and other debts totaling $421 million, with most of it coming due within four years. Should he win re-election, his lenders could be placed in the unprecedented position of weighing whether to foreclose on a sitting president."

He loses money most years too and doesn't end up owing any tax. He's broke, just like was always suspected.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement