Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭hoody

Any idea of when flights diverted to Shannon are expected to takeoff first return to Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

hoody wrote: »
    Any idea of when flights diverted to Shannon are expected to takeoff first return to Dublin?

Lufthansa scheduled for 1pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭Buffman

The hold is North of Holyhead/Anglesey at the moment. Weather at the normal holds.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L bottles or bigger to avoid the DRS fee.

Anglesey hold cleared out, still delays, but calming down a bit.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Diverting to Shannon

Video of EI3721 landing in Shannon. Also caught videos of the Lufthansa A321 and others landing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭breanach78

Kuwait 777 should be Here in about 40mins

breanach78 wrote: »

That reminds me, on Christmas day Kuwait will be operating their brand new 777-300 through Shannon.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Burts Bee

Cork Newcastle flight delayed by 3.5 hours! Knock on effect I guess.

Burts Bee wrote: »

Likely due to the diversion to Shannon this morning. Aircraft returned to Cork now though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,155 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Burts Bee wrote: »

Sorry to hear that, I suppose it can't be helped in this situation

• Advertisement

LH978 just landed in DUB from SNN. FR14 (Diverted FR1453 BRU-DUB) just departed SNN.

4 Ryanairs in the air now from SNN to DUB as FR14, FR223, FR51 and FR13.

It must have an older transponder, looked like it landed in the middle of the estuary on FR24.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

jd wrote: »
    Brother and his wife on it :(
    And me in the holding pattern for an hour in the Arrivals Hall waiting for them.

Buffman wrote: »
    4 Ryanairs in the air now from SNN to DUB as FR14, FR223, FR51 and FR13.

It must have an older transponder, looked like it landed in the middle of the estuary on FR24.

Seems to happen quite often.

Video of EI3721 landing in Shannon. Also caught videos of the Lufthansa A321 and others landing.

Have you one of the 777?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Noxegon

That reminds me, on Christmas day Kuwait will be operating their brand new 777-300 through Shannon.

Eh? Are we at long last having flights through an Irish airport on December 25th?

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

Noxegon wrote: »
    Eh? Are we at long last having flights through an Irish airport on December 25th?

Both Kuwait and Ethiopian through Shannon on the 25th.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

FR114 (DUB - LGW) operating now with a six hour delay. Ouch.

https://www.flightradar24.com/RYR96TJ/bf9900d

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

Noxegon wrote: »

There have been flights through Shannon for years as it never closes for Christmas Day.

Have you one of the 777?

I had left by the time the 777 landed, but I do have one of the 777 a few weeks back on my channel.
    Also caught videos of the Lufthansa A321 and others landing.

And here it is, quite a rocky landing.

• Advertisement

I had left by the time the 777 landed, but I do have one of the 777 a few weeks back on my channel.

And here it is, quite a rocky landing.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Noxegon

BZ wrote: »
    There have been flights through Shannon for years as it never closes for Christmas Day.

I didn't know that.

I wish DUB was open. Some of my friends are travelling ex-LHR on the 25th and I have to fly the night before them and stay in a hotel.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭eastmayo

Flybe gone around at knock.

I don't understand why anyone would want to travel on Xmas day!
    Can't we have ONE day in a year that people pause their hectic lives and just chill out, be it alone, with family at home etc.
    I don't understand people wanting to travel etc on Xmas day! Who'd want to travel somewhere on Xmas day, can't think of anything worse, but that's just me

• Registered Users Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Tell that to the passengers that I was scheduled to fly tomorrow :):) Luckily got someone who doesn't celebrate Christmas to do it instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Locker10a wrote: »
    Can't we have ONE day in a year that people pause their hectic lives and just chill out, be it alone, with family at home etc.
    I don't understand people wanting to travel etc on Xmas day! Who'd want to travel somewhere on Xmas day, can't think of anything worse, but that's just me

You do have to realise that there are people with other views and who don't celebrate Christmas.

We shouldn't be forcing our views on others (even if others do)

This post has been deleted.
    I would be a prime customer for an airline who flies xmas day. I don't do xmas and prefer to be in a place that doesn't either.

Until such a service comes along I shall have to be content with flying on xmas eve.[/quote]
    Not celebrating Xmas, and indeed going away for it is absolutly great, no problems with it at all! Wonderful! But the vast majority of people in Ireland DO want to celebrate it and indeed the majority of Europeans . Therefore I see no problems in the lack of/greatly reduced flying schedule, closure of shopping centres, restaurants etc.
    If you want to get away somewhere nice for this holiday then there are all the days before and after!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,560 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Not celebrating Xmas, and indeed going away for it is absolutly great, no problems with it at all! Wonderful! But the vast majority of people in Ireland DO want to celebrate it and indeed the majority of Europeans . Therefore I see no problems in the lack of/greatly reduced flying schedule, closure of shopping centres, restaurants etc.
    If you want to get away somewhere nice for this holiday then there are all the days before and after!

Every year for the past few years you have posted this view, and I respect your opinion.

But I do think you underestimate the number of people who do find the day quite long or indeed lonely.

I will once again refer you to my post from two years ago, the thrust of which I think still remains valid.
    I think people need to recognise that different people have different views about Christmas Day.

It is primarily a day for children, and for anyone with children it is a really enjoyable day. And, to be fair the majority of people fall into this category.

However, for another group of people, namely many older people, single people, anyone without children or young relatives it is a very long day, when everywhere is shut and can be exceptionally boring and lonely. To suggest otherwise is just digging your head in the sand.

Taking that into account I can entirely understand people who say that they would be prepared to travel on that day - yes it's not for everyone, but there are people who it would suit.

That being said, I certainly do not feel that anyone in the industry should be compelled to work on Christmas day, but I suspect you would find sufficient volunteers who fall into the second category of people above to provide a reasonable level of service.

I suspect that at some point in the medium term (say 10 years away perhaps) the operational pattern at Dublin airport at Christmas may finally change, but as I say one would hope it would be done purely on a voluntary basis.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement