Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options
1313314315316317319»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Psychlops

faoiarvok wrote: »
    Have been wondering if that’s a placeholder call sign or what they intend to use permanently. Most Air Corps callsigns refer to the aircraft type, eg:

AW27* = Augusta Westland (before it became Leonardo)
    E256/27* = Eurocopter (before it became Airbus Helicopters)
    C25* = CASA

Though there are exceptions: the PC9 callsigns all start with Fox, which I always assumed stood for Fighter though I have no particular evidence for that. P254 is a Britten-Norman so I don’t know where that one comes from.

FR24 watchers may also spot any of the above using IRLxxx, which is the Irish Air Corps’ ICAO designator (radiotelephony designator ‘Irish’), generally these are used when the aircraft is leaving Irish airspace. As far as I’m aware though, the Learjet uses that even on domestic flights.

The X on 280 feels a bit temporary, though if it is to be permanent, X-Ray kind of makes sense for the aircraft’s role (reconnaissance, surveillance, etc)

Well spotted, I think XRAY will be used until the others arrive, The PC9's use FOX as a throwback to the Fougas as their callsign was FOX, AW139's still using ALPHA WHISKEY & WOLF & ALPHA WHISKEY VICTOR, all EC135 fleet using ECHO, have never heard anything else, Defender is PAPA & Casa's are CHARLIE, When they go outside of Ireland they use the callsign IRISH & thats used within Ireland when that aircraft is going to be leaving Ireland as far as im aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

Wonder what the coastguard helicopter is up to - been hovering over a couple of positions for quite a while and meandering around. (Hope nothing wrong) https://www.flightradar24.com/EIICG/246dfedf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

Wonder what the coastguard helicopter is up to - been hovering over a couple of positions for quite a while and meandering around. (Hope nothing wrong) https://www.flightradar24.com/EIICG/246dfedf

They regularly train at night - not just the Dublin one either.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Irish Air Corps circling over south Dublin a few times overs the last hour. Strange to see that at 9pm and later.
    Not that strange at all in the last few weeks really.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

Psychlops wrote: »
    Well spotted, I think XRAY will be used until the others arrive, The PC9's use FOX as a throwback to the Fougas as their callsign was FOX, AW139's still using ALPHA WHISKEY & WOLF & ALPHA WHISKEY VICTOR, all EC135 fleet using ECHO, have never heard anything else, Defender is PAPA & Casa's are CHARLIE, When they go outside of Ireland they use the callsign IRISH & thats used within Ireland when that aircraft is going to be leaving Ireland as far as im aware.

Wolf I believe is used for a formation lead by an AW (I may be wrong but think I’ve heard Eagle for a formation lead by a Eurocopter), AWV I think is a VIP suffix to the usual AW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Curious re the movement of Aer Lingus Dublin to Heathrow this morning. Same yesterday 3 times in a time of non-essential travel who may be on these flights, or at least three in the same direction Dublin to Heathrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,556 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Kutebride wrote: »
    Curious re the movement of Aer Lingus Dublin to Heathrow this morning. Same yesterday 3 times in a time of non-essential travel who may be on these flights, or at least three in the same direction Dublin to Heathrow.

Freight in the belly coming through the Heathrow cargo centre would be a major part of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

Medics, diplomats, civil servants. Expats heading home to UK or connecting through LHR. Others with essential travel reasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Today's Qatar flight to to Dublin is an A350, and it's the first A350 that was entered into service.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

Any reason why there are no details about this flight?

Learjet 31a currently off west coast of Scotland after departing Shannon.

Strang. I was following this aircraft in FR.

I tried to find it on other sites, but nothing.

Went back to FR and it was passing Faroe Islands. Looked again and it was gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

ozzy jr wrote: »
    Today's Qatar flight to to Dublin is an A350, and it's the first A350 that was entered into service.

That flight was followed a few minutes later by a Qatar 777 which seems to be a diversion en-route from LAX to Kuwait. Looks like it's about to get going again: https://fr24.com/QTR3256/246edd84

(its starting to feel really weird when I look out the window and see 2 or 3 flights on approach in the space of a few minutes!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Psychlops

X-RAY280 is really getting in some air miles, Irish Air Corps Pilatus PC-12NG, Reg:280, 104 Army Cooperation Squadron “HAWKEYES”, 01 Operations Wing, Casement AB, Baldonnel.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Yellow Dog wrote: »
    Any reason why there are no details about this flight?

Learjet 31a currently off west coast of Scotland after departing Shannon.

Strang. I was following this aircraft in FR.

I tried to find it on other sites, but nothing.

Went back to FR and it was passing Faroe Islands. Looked again and it was gone.

D-CAMB

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

10 May at 13.15 Saudia will be making a rare landing in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 10,044 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Jude13, they were there last week but only took people out from Dublin, this time it’s both ways.

A direct flight from Riyadh to Dublin has been confirmed by Saudia Airlines on Sunday, 10 May departing at 07.45 (Riyadh time) and arriving at 13.15 (Dublin time)

This is also worth noting.
    Passengers arriving into Ireland are required to self-isolate for 14 days, and will be required to complete this form on arrival in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

Following a flight on FR. Shown as “Blocked”
    Just passed over Holyhead heading west.
    Only other place I can find it is Radarbox.com and shows it blocked also but indicated it is a Lockheed 100-30 Hercules. C130

Originated in Armenia. Guess it’s heading for Shannon.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭mikel97

Yellow Dog wrote: »
    Following a flight on FR. Shown as “Blocked”
    Just passed over Holyhead heading west.
    Only other place I can find it is Radarbox.com and shows it blocked also but indicated it is a Lockheed 100-30 Hercules. C130

Originated in Armenia. Guess it’s heading for Shannon.

Its N2731G (prob CIA) yes Shannon

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

New thread started due to site limit, can be found at https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058076486

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement