Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

Lol ......

Who are you quoting as saying it concluded it wasn't fraudulent?

https://www.lawlibrary.ie/members/R.-David-Kennedy/388.aspx

Take it up with him or the Bar. Let me know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Can you elaborate. You made a fool of yourself going off topic, claiming we were a joke of a country. I tried to explain in appropriately simple terms why this wasn't the case. Did you feel belittled and came up with the equivalent of a childhood slur?

The very article you linked to casts doubt on what your saying, do you realise that, yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Do keep up. Thanks.

Yet you quote the report as if you are party to it. Btw we don't have lawyers practicing in Ireland.

Charmeleon wrote: »
    It may be true that she hurt herself, it can also be true that it was entirely her own fault and the hotel are not liable. Trying to claim the hotel was negligent and exaggerating your injuries can be fraudulent whether she was truly injured or not. Don’t swallow such spin so readily.

I'm reporting what has been said. I've no time for Bailey. I think she's acted despicably.

https://www.lawlibrary.ie/members/R.-David-Kennedy/388.aspx

Take it up with him or the Bar. Let me know how you get on.

I didn't ask for his contact details, I asked who you were quoting that said the report concluded it wasn't fraudulent.

As already mentioned, you didn't even read the article in full, because it goes on to contradict that in the article.

I think you're a little bit over your head here tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Okay Trolls - here ye go... There's this thing called google. I wont expect an apology.

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/other/td-maria-bailey-has-suffered-badly-for-her-mistake-but-this-isnt-over-yet/ar-AAELgIp

For a start, he concludes that this was not a fraudulent case. It's true that Ms Bailey suffered injuries when she fell from a swing in The Dean Hotel in July 2015.

I think first you need to look up the definition of a troll....at the moment the only user that could be accused of trolling is yourself

Not sure what anyone is supposed to apologise about? Apart from actually replying to you in the first place and starting this off?

Can you elaborate. You made a fool of yourself going off topic, claiming we were a joke of a country. I tried to explain in appropriately simple terms why this wasn't the case. Did you feel belittled and came up with the equivalent of a childhood slur?

Read my posts.....

I don’t feel anything at all....happy it’s a sunny day is all

Listening to the radio earlier seems looks like Leo is damaged by this. He had the opportunity to deal with Bailey in a decisive manner. Instead he allowed it rumble on , commissioned a private report which basically said "nothing to see,move along". He now looks weak and more interested in protecting the party.

Yet you quote the report as if you are party to it.

WTF are you spouting now? I claimed to be party to the report? FFS! :pac:

Btw we don't have lawyers practicing in Ireland.

The term is coming more and more into use, and used by the legal profession.

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    I think first you need to look up the definition of a troll....at the moment the only user that could be accused of trolling is yourself

Not sure what anyone is supposed to apologise about? Apart from actually replying to you in the first place and starting this off?

Poster in question wrongly believed they're quoting David Kennedy, as opposed to a journalist - who then goes on to mock how they are using legalese jargon to twist the narrative.

They keep digging themselves a bigger hole.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Is this the reincarnation of WB?:D

Read my posts, slowly might help

Again. Point. Out. Where. I. Misread. Your. Rant. Thanks.

I didn't ask for his contact details, I asked who you were quoting that said the report concluded it wasn't fraudulent.

And I gave it to you :confused: And I'm the one in over my head :pac:

WTF are you spouting now? I claimed to be party to the report? FFS!

I used the words 'as if' . You need to read a response properly. What's with the aggressive manner. Calm down.
    The term is coming more and more into use, and used by the legal profession.

I'm friends with two solicitors, never heard them refer to themselves or colleagues as 'lawyers'. Is it just a region thing?

The very article you linked to casts doubt on what your saying, do you realise that, yeah?

FFS, I'm showing (as it was my word was not taken) that what I said as reported was true. I don't care what anybody else's take was on it.

It’s back to the FG tactic of filling the thread with rubbish......we have a page now of Mumbo jumbo from a single poster....best to ignore the troll

I don’t feel anything at all....happy it’s a sunny day is all

How can you be happy if you live in a "joke of a country".

Poster in question wrongly believed they're quoting David Kennedy, as opposed to a journalist - who then goes on to mock how they are using legalese jargon to twist the narrative.

They keep digging themselves a bigger hole.

Ahh they are right and the rest of us are all wrong :-)

I used the words 'as if' . You need to read a response properly. What's with the aggressive manner. Calm down.

I'm friends with two solicitors, never heard them refer to themselves or colleagues as 'lawyers'. Is it just a region thing?

Reading posts seems to be a common issue with specific poster....

Poster in question wrongly believed they're quoting David Kennedy, as opposed to a journalist -

The reported is quoting David Kennedy SC. This is not difficult stuff.

• Advertisement

Okay Trolls - here ye go... There's this thing called google. I wont expect an apology.

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/other/td-maria-bailey-has-suffered-badly-for-her-mistake-but-this-isnt-over-yet/ar-AAELgIp

For a start, he concludes that this was not a fraudulent case. It's true that Ms Bailey suffered injuries when she fell from a swing in The Dean Hotel in July 2015.
    And I gave it to you :confused: And I'm the one in over my head :pac:

Has there ever been a better example of a poster googling for something they wanted to see - in this case stick in to Google "Maria Bailey not fraudulent case" most likely.

Finding quoted article above, scanning it for the bit they wanted - copying and pasting above, wrongly assuming it's from the barrister in question, and not even reading the very next couple of lines.....

However, by some twist of legal logic, "over-stating" those injuries does not amount to dishonesty.

Instead, in the words of the Taoiseach, it amounts to "inconsistencies".

You'll note the use of the word "over-state" which is far less provocative than "exaggerate", but means the same thing.

That's a fail from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

*Clicks unfollow button for a little while.. Headache coming..

Has there ever been a better example of a poster googling for something they wanted to see - in this case stick in to Google "Maria Bailey not fraudulent case" most likely.

Finding quoted article above, scanning it for the bit they wanted - copying and pasting above, wrongly assuming it's from the barrister in question, and not even reading the very next couple of lines.....

That's a fail from me.

It seems I'm competing against a circle jerk here. Here's another source, maybe if you read this one carefully (take off the FG are all bad glasses) you might see what I'm saying is correct.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/bailey-did-not-make-fraudulent-claim-against-hotel-taoiseach-says-1.3965325

The report, carried out by David Kennedy SC, will not be published but Mr Varadkar said Mr Kennedy’s inquiry confirmed Ms Bailey “sustained painful injuries and incurred significant medical bills as a result”.
    “The accident happened and the injuries were real and were confirmed by medical reports,” a statement from the Taoiseach said. “The inquiry states that it was not a fraudulent claim.”

You do realise that David Kennedy SC would not allow Leo to misquote him if what Leo is attributing to Kennedy isn't what he said.

But, keep up with the BS JD, your comrades will thank your posts regardless of what you post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

It seems I'm competing against a circle jerk here. Here's another source, maybe if you read this one carefully (take off the FG are all bad glasses) you might see what I'm saying is correct.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/bailey-did-not-make-fraudulent-claim-against-hotel-taoiseach-says-1.3965325

The report, carried out by David Kennedy SC, will not be published but Mr Varadkar said Mr Kennedy’s inquiry confirmed Ms Bailey “sustained painful injuries and incurred significant medical bills as a result”.
    “The accident happened and the injuries were real and were confirmed by medical reports,” a statement from the Taoiseach said. “The inquiry states that it was not a fraudulent claim.”

You do realise that David Kennedy SC would not allow Leo to misquote him if what Leo is attributing to Kennedy isn't what he said.

But, keep up with the BS JD, your comrades will thank your posts regardless of what you post.

Until that report is published, no one, not you, me, Leo, the man on the moon or anyone else can say with accuracy what is printed in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Charmeleon

Clearly the main issue here is that FG are a light touch on false and exaggerated claims and Leo is just a passenger and a poser, not a leader.

pablo128 wrote: »
    Until that report is published, no one, not you, me, Leo, the man on the moon or anyone else can say with accuracy what is printed in it.

You think a SC would allow himself to be misquoted? Okay.

“The inquiry states that it was not a fraudulent claim.â€

Unfortunately for Leo( almost like people think politicians tell lies) and FG a large number of the public believe the opposite.
    The refusal to release the report doesn't help either.

The irony in implying I need to read something more carefully. Jesus Christ.

Leo is saying that his interpretation of Kennedys report is that in his opinion leo Leo Leo.

You don't even have the integrity to hold your hands up and say you got it wrong at the start, you quoted Kevin Doyle of the independent, and thought it was David Kennedy you were quoting.

You even went so far as to post a link to Kennedys website when I asked who you were quoting.

As for Kennedy allowing himself to be misquoted, Leo's not quoting him or misquoting him. He's telling us what he thinks we should hear.

Stop trying to come across as being more clued in about what's going on than you are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Maria Bailey trending again today on twitter.

For the umpteenth time in as many weeks. How Leo is so badly misjudging the public mood is beyond me.

• Advertisement

Leo is saying that his interpretation of Kennedys report is that in his opinion leo Leo Leo.

You don't even have the integrity to hold your hands up and say you got it wrong at the start, you quoted Kevin Doyle of the independent, and thought it was David Kennedy you were quoting.

You even went so far as to post a link to Kennedys website when I asked who you were quoting.

As for Kennedy allowing himself to be misquoted, Leo's not quoting him or misquoting him. He's telling us what he thinks we should hear.

Stop trying to come across as being more clued in about what's going on than you are.

REALLY don't know what point you're trying to make. I was asked for a source. I linked to a website. You then asked me who I was quoting and I said it was David Kennedy SC.

You're clearly making up your own narrative.

Again I'm being accused of being more clued in. I'm clearly not, it's what I heard on the radio (as I stated). I had already stated I'd not read the report when I was ASKED if I had read it and to link to it. It's not even published!

What are you going to make up next. I await with bated breath.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement