Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Keep thinking like that. It will be your downfall. Maria Bailey trending

once again today says a whole lot different. Cannot wait to see what further revelations the week brings as the Independent turns the screw. Radio and Current Affairs tv should be interesting.

You ain't seen nothing yet JF. Buckle up and get ready for a busy week ahead.

Listen, dude, the reality is that Bailey’s career in politics is over, and people are far more engaged with issues like Brexit.

The shinnerbots will also be forced into a defensive posture soon. Another sex scandal due to emerge. Very very high profile as well. The apples didn’t fall far from the tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Here is the extract from the SOR interview on the medical costs.
    [/B]

It's actually hard to fathom how this woman is still a member of Fine Gael. Knowing about the 20k letter, she has lied over and over again. Leo has taken responsibility for those lies. The grassroots of Fine Gael must be absolutely fuming.

It’s actually hard to fathom how the hell this excuse for a politician is NOT locked up.

I’d like to tell ye it was different, but it ain’t.

To be fair, Leo called by my gaff this morning asking me personally to respond on the thread. He said it was a P1 situation. As you well know a P1 is insider FG code for drop everything you're doing and attend to the task.

I had intended to attend the local Illuminati council meeting called for this morning to fund raise for the Grands Master's knee replacement, but couldn't attend. I do hope they got enough money together for Terence's operation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

You alright dear, are you having stroke? Do I need to call nurse?

Hah, now you resort to name calling?

You ARE a sad case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

Nah. Boards.ie and Politics.ie are completely irrelevant to political discourse in Ireland. The opinions of obsessional cranks on Twitter or Facebook wouldn’t be given much thought either. The latest advice given to politicians is to start to wind down their social media presence to be honest. But a thread like this would be rightly dismissed as the borderline creepy output of a small bunch of men (always men btw) with an obsession with FG.

How dya like those apples, pal?

If that's the case, why do FG have some many of their shills trying to distract or up set the course of threads like this one. It's so pathetically obvious this is the. Case.the idea the general public don't care about the Maria Bailey story is nonsense. I am at a wider family event today, and the hot topic is Maria again. This is not going away.

• Advertisement

tototoe wrote: »
    If that's the case, why do FG have some many of their shills trying to distract ...

Or maybe, just maybe, your tinfoil hat has slipped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Or maybe, just maybe, your tinfoil hat has slipped.

Just a question but are you capable of responding without aggression, insult or sarcasm?

Just a question but are you capable of responding without aggression, insult or sarcasm?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Not really. It’s a fascinating example of obsessional behaviour to be honest. If some of you actually dedicated yourselves to local politics instead of wasting your time in this orgy of fake outrage thread then it would be impressive. I was also surprised to find out that Johnny Digs has a family and job. Don’t know where he gets the time.

But the reality is that politicians, civil servants and most journalists completely ignore the opinions of ‘joe soaps’ on the internet. It’s always angry, spiteful and lacking in anything approaching balance. I’d like to tell ye it was different, but it ain’t.

You could easily have left out "on the internet". Let's be honest, they completely ignore any opinions that aren't their own, and tbh it doesn't really matter to most individuals. But when people talk amongst themselves, they can and will have an effect on votes.

I couldn't care if the utterly clueless party that currently holds majority government here, listen to me or not, but I will still express my opinion on here, to them and when asked about it.

I have heard others also voice their dislike of Leo and his lot.
    Politicians are not somebody to be revered or anything close, so telling me (or anyone) that they don't listen to us, means nothing. Because hopefully one day, they will realise that sometimes they have no choice.

If they did, MB would be already gone.

This could make 'Joe Soaps' :rolleyes: stand up and take notice of how to effectively make them listen.

Yes.

So the capacity just not the ability.

• Advertisement

We are still inside the Social & Fun section, no?

There is a politics section if you want uber serious political debate.

My fascination with this thread is little to do with Bailey (Who, if FG have any sense, they'll exorcise with extreme haste) but the tinfoil hat brigade and their conspiracy theories.

I know this for a fact as I was called a shill, and know it to be BS, and because of that I can treat those that claim it with contempt.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Not really. It’s a fascinating example of obsessional behaviour to be honest. If some of you actually dedicated yourselves to local politics instead of wasting your time in this orgy of fake outrage thread then it would be impressive. I was also surprised to find out that Johnny Digs has a family and job. Don’t know where he gets the time.

But the reality is that politicians, civil servants and most journalists completely ignore the opinions of ‘joe soaps’ on the internet. It’s always angry, spiteful and lacking in anything approaching balance. I’d like to tell ye it was different, but it ain’t.

I picture you watching every post on this thread seething with anger and hoping to see some aspect or position that you can correct or defend while all the time praying people will stop posting. It's actually amusing to watch your poorly timed interactions. Your whole argument and focus seems to revolve around personal attacks rather than accepting the reality and looking for the least damaging conclusion for your beloved FG/IFP.

Whose looking for serious debate? However manners cost nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

We are still inside the Social & Fun section, no?

My fascination with this thread is little to do with Bailey (Who, if FG have any sense, they'll exorcise with extreme haste) but the tinfoil hat brigade and their conspiracy theories.

I know this for a fact as I was called a shill, and know it to be BS, and because of that I can treat those that claim it with contempt.

You have been on this thread now all day.....

I posted a few times this morning, since then I have gone out with the kids.....gone to park and had lovely day, got ice cream. Done the week shopping. Came back and you are still here.....still trolling the thread......

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    You have been on this thread now all day.....

I posted a few times this morning, since then I have gone out with the kids.....gone to park and had lovely day, got ice cream. Done the week shopping. Came back and you are still here.....still trolling the thread......

Multi tasking Shefwefan, it's not too difficult. Try it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

You also made several claims which you couldn't back up, mostly due to a certain report which is to remain secret.

You can therefore not argue if you posts are treated with contempt too.

Whose looking for serious debate? However manners cost nothing.

Look back at the thread. I was called a shill and a liar. I'll meet those accusations with the level of discourse they deserve.

Look back at the thread. I was called a shill and a liar. I'll meet those accusations with the level of discourse they deserve.

You have responded in an obnoxious manner even to posters who dealt only with your comment and not you personally. Anyway I'm not going off topic further.

I find it strange that Bailey's letter demanding 20k was examined by Kennedy as part of his enquiry but no mention by Leo of it. The Indo mentions it today .
    Bailey has now being found out to be a liar as her 20k demand is far in excess of the 7k she told SOR she was seeking. As long as she , Farrell and Madigan remain in FG it projects an image that FG is ok with insurance fraud.

What Fraud? Bailey's case was reviewed by a barrister and no fraud was found. What are the other 2 cases?

Re Bailey, it's looking like she lied (she's definitely coming across as a bit thick (in the head and skinned)) when stating the amount she requested. But, that's not fraud.
    pablo128 wrote: »
    You also made several claims which you couldn't back up, mostly due to a certain report which is to remain secret.

You can therefore not argue if you posts are treated with contempt too.

What are the SEVERAL claims I made that couldn't be backed up? Can you list them please.

The above was the first post I made today relating to Bailey (previous to that my posts took issue with someone saying our country was a joke) I said it was reported by the Barrister that it wasn't fraud. As it turned out it was the leader of the country was quoting what the barrister said. For this viewpoint I was called a Shill.

• Advertisement

Unfortuntalty a number of PR FG people have been on this thread so far spinning a story......a lot similar to your posts.....

They have disappeared after the last f**k up from FG and you appeared. Most people have put 2 and 2 together. Maybe it is 5, but it looks extremely like a 4 to me :P

How much is the day rate on a Sunday?:D

You have responded in an obnoxious manner even to posters who dealt only with your comment and not you personally.

Obnoxious, compared to those who called me a shill and a liar. Did you call them out on their obnoxious behaviour - I must have missed that.

And who was I obnoxious to that was being polite to me?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Posters - cut out the bickering and points scoring. I assure you no one is keeping score.

dudara

An irate wife :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Unfortuntalty a number of PR FG people have been on this thread so far spinning a story......a lot similar to your posts.....

They have disappeared after the last f**k up from FG and you appeared. Most people have put 2 and 2 together. Maybe it is 5, but it looks extremely like a 4 to me :P

A senior spin merchant makes 9.57 a post - taxable. You also get the price of the bus into Mount Street, and a free lunch or dinner.

The advice I would give to professional PR people from FG would be to let people blow off steam and not intervene and let the thread die a death like all threads on boards eventually.

Besides, if they thought David Kennedy expensive they really couldn't afford me and certainly not weekend rates. :p

The advice I would give to professional PR people from FG would be to let people blow off steam and not intervene and let the thread die a death like all threads on boards eventually.

Besides, if they thought David Kennedy expensive they really couldn't afford me and certainly not weekend rates. :p

FG tried that about 2-3 months ago.....it hasn't worked as this thread and the fact MB is still trending on twitter.....

FG tried that about 2-3 months ago.....it hasn't worked as this thread and the fact MB is still trending on twitter.....

Because of the Shills intervening :pac:

I don't do twitter so will take your word for it.*

*FG only pay me to shill on Boards.ie :pac:

pablo128 wrote: »
    Well someone has 50+ posts in this thread today. That's nearly 500 quid gross.

I'm going to come across as obnoxious again, but do you consider that a lot of money for a Sunday?

Every thing is relative I suppose.

On very rare occasions I have done. I did work on a couple of consecutive Sundays (was during a company buy out) - they didn't get that service for €500. And I was one of the most junior in the room.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

I'm going to come across as obnoxious again, but do you consider that a lot of money for a Sunday?

Every thing is relative I suppose.

On very rare occasions I have done. I did work on a couple of consecutive Sundays (was during a company buy out) - they didn't get that service for €500. And I was one of the most junior in the room.

Dunno. I have to work 6 days a week to have a decent standard of living. I draw the line at working 7 days a week. I have a life to live as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement