Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Excellent piece by Kerrigan.

Have you a link to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Dammo

hilarious. caught out again.

when she told Sean O'R that she had asked for only 7k did she;

a. forget about having written to The Dean looking for 20k

b. tell a bare faced fib and think The Dean would never release information about the letter?

A fib is telling your mother that you hadn't eaten the biscuits when in fact you had.

This is a member of the governing party of the country, a TD, blatantly lying in an attempt to obtain money from a business through an insurance scam.

She should resign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Have you a link to it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Dammo wrote: »
    A fib is telling your mother that you hadn't eaten the biscuits when in fact you had.

This is a member of the governing party of the country, a TD, blatantly lying in an attempt to obtain money from a business through an insurance scam.

She should resign.

Dont think she will. She knows her goose is cooked and if they ditch her she will bring down Madser and anyone within her vortex. She will hang on in until the election racking up as much expenses,pay and pension and then either not run or be destroyed by the electorate. Its a bloods sport at this stage, strangely compelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Chiparus

Who?

Kennedy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Dont think she will. She knows her goose is cooked and if they ditch her she will bring down Madser and anyone within her vortex. She will hang on in until the election racking up as much expenses,pay and pension and then either not run or be destroyed by the electorate. Its a bloods sport at this stage, strangely compelling.
    In that respect there may not be too much time to go. September/October is Budget stuff and everything after that is Brexit. The other side of Christmas looks like a possible GE.

Chiparus wrote: »
    Kennedy

The Taoiseach of the country publicly quoted him as saying it. It's open to any journalist to ask Kennedy if Leo was indeed making a fairly meaningless lie. I can't see how Kennedy would allow a lie attributed him to be in the public domain. It seems a bizarre thought.

Here is the extract from the SOR interview on the medical costs.
    SOR: That may well be the case, but the question also has to be asked was this a deliberate attempt on your part to get money to which the validity of the claim was dubious ...

MB: There are legitimate expenses that are verified, you’re only talking, €6,000 - €7,000 here. I’ve absorbed those costs already.

SOR: Do you have private medical insurance?

MB: Yes, I do.

SOR: So why get the hotel to pay those medical expenses?

MB: Because the hotel offered to pay and your private medical doesn’t cover the entire medical costs. Everybody knows that. I don’t doubt myself. I know exactly who I am. I have always been somebody who shoots straight, who plays on a level playing field.

It's actually hard to fathom how this woman is still a member of Fine Gael. Knowing about the 20k letter, she has lied over and over again. Leo has taken responsibility for those lies. The grassroots of Fine Gael must be absolutely fuming.

The Taoiseach of the country publicly quoted him as saying it. It's open to any journalist to ask Kennedy if Leo was indeed making a fairly meaningless lie. I can't see how Kennedy would allow a lie attributed him to be in the public domain. It seems a bizarre thought.

What did Leo say Kennedy said.

Did Leo say Kennedy say there was not fraud, or did he say something else?;)

Tell me was kennedys investigation independent , or was he being paid by FG?
    What were the terms of reference ?
    Where is the report?

The CCTV release should make interesting viewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,529 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Here is the extract from the SOR interview on the medical costs.
    SOR: That may well be the case, but the question also has to be asked was this a deliberate attempt on your part to get money to which the validity of the claim was dubious ...

MB: There are legitimate expenses that are verified, you’re only talking, €6,000 - €7,000 here. I’ve absorbed those costs already.

SOR: Do you have private medical insurance?

MB: Yes, I do.

SOR: So why get the hotel to pay those medical expenses?

MB: Because the hotel offered to pay and your private medical doesn’t cover the entire medical costs. Everybody knows that. I don’t doubt myself. I know exactly who I am. I have always been somebody who shoots straight, who plays on a level playing field.

It's actually hard to fathom how this woman is still a member of Fine Gael. Knowing about the 20k letter, she has lied over and over again. The grassroots of Fine Gael must be absolutely fuming.
    The problem when you're caught lieing is that credibility goes out the window. The fact that Leo knew this from the report is very concerning.

• Advertisement

What did Leo say Kennedy said.

Did Leo say Kennedy say there was not fraud, or did he say something else?;)

What do you think he said ?

I think he said what he was paid to say.

I may come across as gullible, but I honestly don't think a SC can be bought like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

I wonder will someone ask Leo was the 20 grand letter covered in the report and if so did MB lie again in the RTE interview?

Oh what a tangled web we weave.

I may come across as gullible, but I honestly don't think a SC can be bought like that.

You probably think that politicians cannot be bought, or would pretend to be injured for 20K:D:D

I wonder will someone ask Leo was the 20 grand letter covered in the report and if so did MB lie again in the RTE interview?

Oh what a tangled web we weave.

As Leo said , her media utterances and her affidavit cannot be reconciled.

You probably think that politicians cannot be bought, or would pretend to be injured for 20K:D:D

I can see the almost delicious irony of a politician being caught with their sticky fingers in the cookie jar. The temptation was too great for a county councilor.

But, why would a SC take the risk of being bought off for what would be a relatively paltry sum and risk their reputation and livelihood. It doesn't seem plausible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

Dammo wrote: »

She should resign.

In a proper functioning society she'd have been removed months ago but this is Ireland and the media/FG narrative now is that she is being bullied.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

No he didn't. He said the Inquiry states that there was no fraudulent claim.

So not quite publicly quoting Kennedy.

But... IMO it doesn't matter what Leo says it states in the inquiry, he won't allow anyone to see it, so he could keep telling us all sorts of BS is in the inquiry, I won't believe a single word out of his mouth until I see the report myself.
    He also said that Madigan had no questions to answer in the Bailey swing case, and we now know that was BS.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭sportsfan90

I'm from a different part of the country so I could never vote for or against her anyway.

But as someone who is considering voting for a particular FG candidate in the next election (it's more to do with the really poor choice in my constituency unfortunately than any allegiance for FG), I can categorically confirm that I won't be giving them even a preference if Maria Bailey is on their ticket up in Dublin.

Who is the Fine Gael TD or TDs for the constituency in which the Dean hotel resides? Surely the onus is on them to speak against attempted fraud on a business employing many constituents?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

As I write:

502 pages on this topic
    7,522 contributions

Where are the 3 musketeers who claimed this thread would die?

My prediction? It won’t die until Mb, Af, JM and LV are out of politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

WTF are you spouting now? I claimed to be party to the report? FFS! :pac:

The term is coming more and more into use, and used by the legal profession.

Oh, wtf & ffs creeping into your messages? Temper rising?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

As I write:

502 pages on this topic
    7,522 contributions

Where are the 3 musketeers who claimed this thread would die?

My prediction? It won’t die until Mb, Af, JM and LV are out of politics.

Its Irelands most popular forum. You can be certain that politicians, FG strategists, civil servants and journalists are looking at the thread. Sure a letter drafted on this thread and sent by many posters made mainstream media.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Its Irelands most popular forum. You can be certain that politicians, FG strategists, civil servants and journalists are looking at the thread. Sure a letter drafted on this thread and sent by many posters made mainstream media.

Nah. Boards.ie and Politics.ie are completely irrelevant to political discourse in Ireland. The opinions of obsessional cranks on Twitter or Facebook wouldn’t be given much thought either. The latest advice given to politicians is to start to wind down their social media presence to be honest. But a thread like this would be rightly dismissed as the borderline creepy output of a small bunch of men (always men btw) with an obsession with FG.

How dya like those apples, pal?

Oh, wtf & ffs creeping into your messages? Temper rising?

You alright dear, are you having stroke? Do I need to call nurse?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

:D:D:D:D:D

Them 'Apples' sure taste like Lemons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Nah. Boards.ie and Politics.ie are completely irrelevant to political discourse in Ireland. The opinions of obsessional cranks on Twitter or Facebook wouldn’t be given much thought either. The latest advice given to politicians is to start to wind down their social media presence to be honest. But a thread like this would be rightly dismissed as the borderline creepy output of a small bunch of men (always men btw) with an obsession with FG.

Bailey still making it into the newspapers and onto the national airwaves. Bailey and Leo's terrible handling of same discussed on RTE radio one earlier.
    What you think of people posting here is irrelevant funny though that you have made the same comment on multiple occasions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

ChikiChiki wrote: »

Keep thinking like that. It will be your downfall. Maria Bailey trending once again today says a whole lot different. Cannot wait to see what further revelations the week brings as the Independent turns the screw. Radio and Current Affairs tv should be interesting.

You ain't seen nothing yet JF. Buckle up and get ready for a busy week ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Suckit wrote: »
    :D:D:D:D:D

Them 'Apples' sure taste like Lemons.

Not really. It’s a fascinating example of obsessional behaviour to be honest. If some of you actually dedicated yourselves to local politics instead of wasting your time in this orgy of fake outrage thread then it would be impressive. I was also surprised to find out that Johnny Digs has a family and job. Don’t know where he gets the time.

But the reality is that politicians, civil servants and most journalists completely ignore the opinions of ‘joe soaps’ on the internet. It’s always angry, spiteful and lacking in anything approaching balance. I’d like to tell ye it was different, but it ain’t.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

blue shirts are terrible for showing sweat patches

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement