Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

ChikiChiki wrote:
    For the umpteenth time in as many weeks. How Leo is so badly misjudging the public mood is beyond me.

Poor Leo coming across as inept as Enda. Looks like Simon would have been a better choice, but Leo is doing great work for FF.

Poor Leo coming across as inept as Enda. Looks like Simon would have been a better choice, but Leo is doing great work for FF.

With a bit more thought you could be as erudite as the DUP when they call him Little Leo. At least alliteration shows some thought has gone into it :P

With a bit more thought you could be as erudite as the DUP when they call him Little Leo. At least alliteration shows some thought has gone into it

Thanks for the critique. ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭golfball37

The indo and the dean are working closely on this you feel. They gave them a letter where poor Maria asked for 20k to go away. I thought she only wanted 7k Sean!

Madigan solicitors surely wrote the letter and I bet Kennedy wasn’t aware of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

REALLY don't know what point you're trying to make. I was asked for a source. I linked to a website. You then asked me who I was quoting and I said it was David Kennedy SC.

You're clearly making up your own narrative.

Again I'm being accused of being more clued in. I'm clearly not, it's what I heard on the radio (as I stated). I had already stated I'd not read the report when I was ASKED if I had read it and to link to it. It's not even published!

What are you going to make up next. I await with bated breath.

Again with the arrogance, you have been the one shown to not have fully checked your facts, you have been ascribing quotes to people who didn't make them, and linking to websites of people you claim did.

Then when pointed out that your posts are wrong, you imply that it is me who has been "making stuff up".

I don't mind people making honest mistakes, but take ownership of them, stop trying to imply others have made the errors.

• Advertisement

golfball37 wrote:
    The indo and the dean are working closely on this you feel. They gave them a letter where poor Maria asked for 20k to go away. I thought she only wanted 7k Sean!

The owner of the Dean is the Press Up group. The owner of Press Up had dealings with the previous FG government. Noonan tried to shaft him. I doubt Paddy has any love for this bunch, then a clown from FG tries to shake him down for 20k. Hilarious that she thought he would roll over. She clearly had no idea who she was dealing with.
    I expect footage of the incident to be released when it can do the most damage, run up to a GE. Remember the claim became public knowledge before the local elections and even FG admitted it did damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

golfball37 wrote: »

Madigan solicitors surely wrote the letter and I bet Kennedy wasn’t aware of it.

The Indo don't say where they got the letter. It may not have been the Dean.
    It is understood Ms Bailey's letter formed part of the evidence examined by barrister David Kennedy who reviewed all details of the case for Fine Gael.

The letter was sent by Ms Bailey after she received a €600 cheque from the hotel to the cover medical costs she incurred arising from the fall.

Again with the arrogance, you have been the one shown to not have fully checked your facts, you have been ascribing quotes to people who didn't make them, and linking to websites of people you claim did.

Then when pointed out that your posts are wrong, you imply that it is me who has been "making stuff up".

I don't mind people making honest mistakes, but take ownership of them, stop trying to imply others have made the errors.

Again with the False Narrative.

I linked to a website that showed what I was saying is true, that the commissioned report stated no fraud had taken place (no more, no less).

It was David Kennedy SC that stated that there was no fraud as referred to in the article. HOW is that not possible to follow.

I've subsequently posted an article from the Irish Times if you didn't like the original article.

BTW, I'm finding it hard to follow exactly what you're accusing me of, so I'm just restating what I did, if you're saying I'm quoting the journalist in the original link as being the one that said there was no fraud, then you misinterpreted me.

There's zero arrogance when refuting inaccuracies attributes to you.

Again with the False Narrative.

I linked to a website that showed what I was saying is true, that the commissioned report stated no fraud had taken place (no more, no less).

It was David Kennedy SC that stated that there was no fraud as referred to in the article. HOW is that not possible to follow.

I've subsequently posted an article from the Irish Times if you didn't like the original article.

BTW, I'm finding it hard to follow exactly what you're accusing me of, so I'm just restating what I did, if you're saying I'm quoting the journalist in the original link as being the one that said there was no fraud, then you misinterpreted me.

There's zero arrogance when refuting inaccuracies attributes to you.

Where?

Can you quote him, if not will you hold your hand up and admit you're completely falling for the spin FG want you to swallow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Supposition, M'Lord. It was reported as an independent review. If you wish to disregard off you go. But, it was also the report that said she exaggerated. Hardly what an in the pocket lawyer would report.

We dont know that the report said that she exaggerated, we know people who have said they read the report have said that. We need to see the report to be sure but FG will not let us see the report.

You are a bit silly if you don't think that all lawyers are in some one pocket, those that pay them normally.

• Advertisement

Where?

Can you quote him, if not will you hold your hand up and admit you're completely falling for the spin FG want you to swallow?

The report is not published. The Taoiseach of this country (not just the leader of FG) has publicly stated it was David Kennedy Senior Council that said there was no fraud.

Are you seriously saying that the Taoiseach of the country is taking the risk of being called out as a lawyer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Chiparus

Where?

Even Leo said she was telling porkies.

"Provided “inconsistencies to me and the media” which he “cannot reconcile”"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Chiparus

The report is not published. The Taoiseach of this country (not just the leader of FG) has publicly stated it was David Kennedy Senior Council that said there was no fraud.

Are you seriously saying that the Taoiseach of the country is taking the risk of being called out as a lawyer.

Gene Kerrigan is saying so.

https://www.independent.ie/opinion/comment/gene-kerrigan-mr-justice-varadkar-has-ruled-on-bailey-38351906.html

:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

Freudian slip?

Chiparus wrote: »
    Are you sure he said there was no fraud?

Who?

Strange though that if the report vindicates MB and Madigan, it's hard to understand why Leo refuses to publish it. The whole scandal is damaging for FG and Leo's action or lack thereof is making it worse.

boombang wrote: »
    Freudian slip?

:pac:

I've replied to so many posters, of a certain viewpoint, it's probably not the only misspelling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

I presume you mean liar instead of lawyer.

How would the taoiseach run the risk of being called out as a liar when he knows the report won't be published?

Imagine a Taoiseach being confirmed as a liar. Bertie was a liar, Enda was a liar. Not outside the realms of possibility that Leo capable of being a liar.

Strange though that if the report vindicates MB and Madigan, it's hard to understand why Leo refuses to publish it. The whole scandal is damaging for FG and Leo's action or lack thereof is making it worse.

I don't disagree. The publishing of the report would be for the best. They could redact certain comments that were said 'in private'.

• Advertisement

Imagine a Taoiseach being confirmed as a liar. Bertie was a liar, Enda was a liar. Not outside the realms of possibility that Leo capable of being a liar.

It would be political suicide to misquote Kennedy in such a way. Why would he allow himself to held to ransom. It doesn't seem likely.

Chiparus wrote:
    Gene Kerrigan is

Excellent piece by Kerrigan.

pablo128 wrote: »
    I presume you mean liar instead of lawyer.

How would the taoiseach run the risk of being called out as a liar when he knows the report won't be published?

These things have been know to be leaked. Simon would benefit ;)

Plus, Kennedy would be in trouble if he allowed himself to be misquoted. Cui bono

You are refusing to see exactly what Leo said, he carefully choose his words. Let me refresh your memory.

What he said in one breath, he took away with the next.
    Fine Gael TD Maria Bailey did not make a “fraudulent” compensation claim against a Dublin hotel but did sign an affidavit that “overstated the impact of her injuries on her running”, Taoiseach Leo Varadkar has said

I hope you meant "liar" and not lawyer.

Off to the cinema with the kids, I look forward to catching up later.

I don't disagree. The publishing of the report would be for the best. They could redact certain comments that were said 'in private'.

You publish in full or don't bother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

The owner of the Dean is the Press Up group. The owner of Press Up had dealings with the previous FG government. Noonan tried to shaft him. I doubt Paddy has any love for this bunch, then a clown from FG tries to shake him down for 20k. Hilarious that she thought he would roll over. She clearly had no idea who she was dealing with.
    I expect footage of the incident to be released when it can do the most damage, run up to a GE. Remember the claim became public knowledge before the local elections and even FG admitted it did damage.

i really hope you are right. This is being drip fed slowly and the damage to FG is increasing bit by bit. Leo tried to stop it with the report. He didnt want to dump MB in case she spilled the beans on the Madigan. He attempted to kill the story and save a minister but its not working. If he had any brains he would dump the two of them and limit the damage to his party.

Taking on the McKillen's was a bad idea , MB is like a fly to be swatted to them but FG look like they are going to take a big hit because of Leo's limited intelligence.

Its gong to be a fun few months as the leaks continue.FG death by a thousand cuts.

You publish in full or don't bother.

Some (apparently) responded to Kennedy on the basis it wouldn't be made public. Why I don't know. BTW, they did decide NOT to publish :)

, they did decide NOT to publish

Which is causing damage to the party and FG's image. ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

hilarious. caught out again.

when she told Sean O'R that she had asked for only 7k did she;

a. forget about having written to The Dean looking for 20k

b. tell a bare faced fib and think The Dean would never release information about the letter?

• Advertisement

Off to the cinema with the kids, I look forward to catching up later.

I hope you meant

kids-at-play1.jpg

and not

IMGP00170.jpg

Cause that could be awkward!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement