Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport New Runway/Infrastructure.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,095 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

trellheim wrote: »
    I think OP is referring to hard braking on 28L to get one of the early exits which I've never seen myself

Kinda guessed that but what has that got to do with “those dwelling in T2”

Still a bit puzzled on that one.

Can understand that taxi time can ‘influence ‘ turnaround time ‘ but surely trying to cut ‘ground time ‘ to the kind of limit which builds in an expectation that crew have to grease the machine onto the concrete and get a rw exit as early as poss to minimize block time is not too sensible.

The long haulers would have a more generous turnaround time standard, I’m led to believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

I think OP is referring to hard braking on 28L to get one of the early exits which I've never seen myself

Not done often by Ryanair, from my observations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

Nope give me a straight line any day. Slowing to go through a series of chicanes ain't my idea of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Getting off at E5 as it was on 28 was great fun on a late evening arrival

I can recall coming in one evening and vacated at E5, the previous lander had gone to E6 or further down and had to give way to us as we vacated so we got to gate before.

I can recall coming in one evening and vacated at E5, the previous lander had gone to E6 or further down and had to give way to us as we vacated so we got to gate before.

Coming in half empty obviously.:o

• Advertisement

EchoIndia wrote: »
    Not done often by Ryanair, from my observations.

Hard braking increases the brake temperature, and the allowance needed for cooling down would compromise a 25 minute turnaround. That's why, if you ever experience a rejected take off and the brakes are applied hard, the aircraft can't just join the back of the take off queue again, but it returns to stand (usually)

That's right. Just to be a picky b@stard, the taxiways have recently been re-designated Sierra, instead of Echo, in prep for the parallel runway (where the taxiways are November and Mike) and taxiways that used to be Hotel etc to the west of Runway 16/34 are mostly now Whiskey. North, East, South and West kind of idea. The Foxtrots will become Echo in due course.

Useful chart here

http://iaip.iaa.ie/iaip/Published%20Files/AIP%20Files/AD/Chart%20Files/EIDW/EI_AD_2_EIDW_24-1_en.pdf

Hard braking increases the brake temperature, and the allowance needed for cooling down would compromise a 25 minute turnaround. That's why, if you ever experience a rejected take off and the brakes are applied hard, the aircraft can't just join the back of the take off queue again, but it returns to stand (usually)

Wouldn’t be that hard rob, in my opinion, on a ‘normal’ landing, but you are correct and right on the other observation.

Fcukers would be red hot after an RTO.

Would need to be left alone for a while.Cool down as naturally as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭reforger

The issue mentioned upthread was resolved today.

" A man has agreed before the High Court to vacate land next to Dublin Airport which is required to facilitate the construction of the new north runway."

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/high-court/man-agrees-before-high-court-to-vacate-land-needed-for-runway-at-dublin-airport-1.4431085?mode=amp

• Registered Users Posts: 34,022 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Paid off by the sound of it :rolleyes:

Life ain't always empty.

• Advertisement

Paid off by the sound of it :rolleyes:

Ooohhh......... sssstttteady..

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭PinOnTheRight

Not sure if this will post correctly but the IAA tweeted a cool picture today of the new tower poking above the fog.

https://twitter.com/iaapress/status/1336044781642915846?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 10,671 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

https://www.dublinairport.com/latest-news/2020/12/18/daa-seeks-amendments-to-north-runway-s-mode-of-operation
    daa Seeks Amendments To North Runway’s Mode Of Operation

Under the planning application:
    * New noise quota system between 23.30-06.00
    * N Runway only operational between 06.00-00.00
    * Sound proofing grands of 20,000 for an extra 350 homes

Seems like a reasonable compromise.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,044 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

That's why, if you ever experience a rejected take off and the brakes are applied hard, the aircraft can't just join the back of the take off queue again, but it returns to stand (usually)
    I would be surprised if the aircraft got as far as the apron before the fuse plugs melted.

smurfjed wrote: »
    I would be surprised if the aircraft got as far as the apron before the fuse plugs melted.

Yep.... send for the tug.....after an appropriate inspection and stuff.

Lot of energy converted into heat in these ,happily rare, events.

Yep.... send for the tug.....after an appropriate inspection and stuff.

Lot of energy converted into heat in these ,happily rare, events.

https://northrunway.exhibition.app/

Probably a lot of people may have seen this but maybe some interested people here an on the thread may not.

Sorry if it’s been posted before...

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭davepatr07

Any one hear anymore about DAA's appeal to lift some of the conditions for the operation of North Runway? Allowing flights from 6am instead of 7am etc...

and what's the chances they will succeed in their appeal?

Tks

Dave

davepatr07 wrote: »
    Any one hear anymore about DAA's appeal to lift some of the conditions for the operation of North Runway? Allowing flights from 6am instead of 7am etc...

and what's the chances they will succeed in their appeal?

Tks

Dave

https://www.fingal.ie/news/anca-commences-assessment-aircraft-noise-dublin-airport

Long process has started.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭donkey balls

I haven't been out the airport direction in a while so was wondering about the new layout of the road where the new Rwy is, I noticed the fencing they have up has a green panel half way up blocking the view of the RWY and ramp area
    Compared to the fencing that runs alongside RWY 10/28.

I haven't been out the airport direction in a while so was wondering about the new layout of the road where the new Rwy is, I noticed the fencing they have up has a green panel half way up blocking the view of the RWY and ramp area

Apparently to discourage ‘rubber neckers’ is one of the reasons,apart from of course enhanced security.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,254 ✭✭✭markpb

I could be wrong but I thought there was a plan to build dedicated spotting areas along the new runway? Perhaps the fences are to discourage people from spotting at other parts of the runway.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

markpb wrote: »
    I could be wrong but I thought there was a plan to build dedicated spotting areas along the new runway? Perhaps the fences are to discourage people from spotting at other parts of the runway.

There is 2 built , thankfully those fences are in place,its a busy,narrow section of road that requires concentration not looking at airplanes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

Bussywussy wrote: »
    There is 2 built , thankfully those fences are in place,its a busy,narrow section of road that requires concentration not looking at airplanes.

Indeed, though whoever thought that putting the dedicated areas in the chosen locations north of the runway may not have taken into account the requirements of the more serious "watchers" of aviation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

No surprise there.

Area looks ridiculous...... the lads with the striped trews got their claws in there.

The taxpayer will of course pay out to some undeserving cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

RadioRetro wrote: »

Incredible is all I can say.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

A complete farce. A big payday for the legal profession and a payout and/or expensive new facilities being provided to the MacAleer family all at the expense of us plebs, the general taxpayer. A lot of incompetence from Fingal coco too.

IngazZagni wrote: »
    A complete farce. A big payday for the legal profession and a payout and/or expensive new facilities being provided to the MacAleer family all at the expense of us plebs, the general taxpayer. A lot of incompetence from Fingal coco too.

How in the name of **** could the idiots , whoever they were, allow this scenario to become the issue it is now.

This project has been in the planning for at least 10 years, the situation with the family should have been sorted and wrapped up years ago.

Why in ***** name has it dragged on when the lead in time was way more than adequate to sort out ,and the issue wasn’t copper fastened with contracts which ensured that a situation like this would not arise.

I think I know...... it’s taxpayers money , there’s no accountability for that.

I will be raising it with my constituency reps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,838 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I would hazard a guess they may already be aware of it Brennar ffs.

Advertisement