19-01-2021, 10:21   #2716
spix

Quote:
Originally Posted by horse7 View Post
I emailed them to close my account and get a refund for the reminder of the balance,. Not getting any response so far.

Did you top up with paypal ? Open a dispute.
Advertisement
19-01-2021, 11:08   #2717
antodeco
Warning: Contains traces of nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie05 View Post
As was suggested on this thread I think, I emailed them with my account number and asked them to refund the balance. They emailed back to say it was done and should appear in my account in 3-5 days so hopefully I’ll see it this week.
Thanks. Well I'm waiting 9 weeks, 6 weeks and 2 weeks respectively for any form of a reply from them. They basically have €15 of mine (balance plus another refund).

It's such a shame, I used to use parcel motel for 4-5 diverted a week up until about s year ago when I reduced it down as found their CS to be absolutely terrible. Based on what happened over Christmas, even if they do start up again, I'll 100% never use them again. Not worth the stress
19-01-2021, 16:16   #2718
LaptopGremlin
Banned

Is Parcel Motel operational again?

Addresspal actually returned my item to sender as it contains pharmaceutical based products.

I know dudes that never had this issue when using parcel lockers.

Is parcel motel or any other virtual UK address operational that's not lame addresspal?
19-01-2021, 16:30   #2719
whiterebel

No.
20-01-2021, 21:24   #2720
blastman

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastman View Post
Following up my previous post, I got an email from PM today admitting my package was lost i.e they have lost it. They'll refund me the value of the invoice I sent last week (with me losing out on the exchange rate, no doubt), but it's not much consolation as the item was a signed book and I don't know if I'll be able to order it again. I was offered the refund as PM credit or a payment to the card I use to top up, took the card refund
No response to emails sent on the 8th and 23rd of December regarding the package that they've lost, despite saying the refund was approved. Time to start emailing and calling on a daily basis, I think. I'll now also be looking for my outstanding balance back, it's not big but I was prepared to wait until Brexit calmed down and they'd start up the service again, hopefully. At this stage, I couldn't be paid to use them again.
Advertisement
26-01-2021, 12:58   #2721
kalych

Just got an "insufficient funds" text from PM. Haven't sent a single package their way since the start of December and don't have a card added to my account as i assumed I won't be needing their service going forward due to Brexit.

Before Brexit when a similar situation would occur I was able to see the parcel 'check in" the depot marked as awaiting payment. However, there's no new parcel there on the account now when i log in.

By the looks of it they've just tried to take 3.25 for no reason. Anyone else experience something similar recently? I don't feel like topping up by 11.85 only to find out it's a computer glitch.
26-01-2021, 13:26   #2722
Seve OB

why do people feel the need to top up like this?
26-01-2021, 13:30   #2723
spix

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalych View Post
Just got an "insufficient funds" text from PM. Haven't sent a single package their way since the start of December and don't have a card added to my account as i assumed I won't be needing their service going forward due to Brexit.

Before Brexit when a similar situation would occur I was able to see the parcel 'check in" the depot marked as awaiting payment. However, there's no new parcel there on the account now when i log in.

By the looks of it they've just tried to take 3.25 for no reason. Anyone else experience something similar recently? I don't feel like topping up by 11.85 only to find out it's a computer glitch.
Sometimes they charge you to receive item from another parcel motel user, even though they already paid. Contacted them several times about this, apparently it's caused by the parcel needing 'relabelling'.
Sometimes they refunded it automatically, other times have to contact them. I did get 1 refund a few days ago, 3 weeks after I emailed them.
26-01-2021, 13:35   #2724
kalych

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seve OB View Post
why do people feel the need to top up like this?
Curiousity killed the cat ;-)
I previously had a card added to the account. Just removed it in early January after Brexit.
Advertisement
26-01-2021, 13:38   #2725
kalych

Quote:
Originally Posted by spix View Post
Sometimes they charge you to receive item from another parcel motel user, even though they already paid. Contacted them several times about this, apparently it's caused by the parcel needing 'relabelling'.
Sometimes they refunded it automatically, other times have to contact them. I did get 1 refund a few days ago, 3 weeks after I emailed them.
Yeah, i figured this much. Recon it's a glitch as all my parcels are accounted for and I'm not expecting anything else at this point. It can only be a mistake of some kind.

Just goes to show people need to be mindful if they've still got cards added to their PM account.
26-01-2021, 14:59   #2726
Seve OB

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalych View Post
Yeah, i figured this much. Recon it's a glitch as all my parcels are accounted for and I'm not expecting anything else at this point. It can only be a mistake of some kind.

Just goes to show people need to be mindful if they've still got cards added to their PM account.
I suppose it could be something meant for someone else with same name as you? I got a message once to say I had a delivery but it was actually for someone else who hadn't got the PM ID on it properly
26-01-2021, 15:55   #2727
silver2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaptopGremlin View Post
Addresspal actually returned my item to sender as it contains pharmaceutical based products.

I know dudes that never had this issue when using parcel lockers.

Is parcel motel or any other virtual UK address operational that's not lame addresspal?
If it was inspected at parcel motel when it operated its service and found to have pharma products, it would simply have been destroyed by customs and not returned - and there were many that found that out via a letter from medicines board and customs
26-01-2021, 23:18   #2728
horse7

Parcel motel

I,m trying to close my parcel motel account and get a refund for the remainder of my credit in my account, has anyone else managed to do this. Emails have been sent with little success.
27-01-2021, 11:38   #2729
Subotai

It’s been almost a month since they “paused” their virtual address service. I wonder if they are ever going to give an update on resuming some sort of service?

It would be great if they opened a new virtual address based in France or Germany to facilitate buying in those countries.
Thanks from:
28-01-2021, 14:13   #2730
heffo500

I wonder is there a service say in Newry where if you were buying some stuff and saving a bit that it was delivered there and held to you collect it in person?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion