Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Joziburg

Got a message that I have a parcel in their oversize locker, surprised it’s that big. Does anyone know can I pick up oversize items at any time from Finglas I think? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭thegift06

LizardKing wrote: »
    17 days now , responded to them today for an update.

I am expecting the parcel has been lost/robbed.

Happy not everyone is experiencing the same problems.

I guess I have to lodge a claim now for the lost package .. I will be closing my account and looking for refund of the credit I have

I will have to buy another present before Xmas too

I will ring again if they do not respond to the email to case in a few days.

Pain in the hole :mad::(:rolleyes:

I have the exact same issue. Been almost a month since my initial order. Arrived in PM on 26th Nivember and nothing since

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Following up my previous post, I got an email from PM today admitting my package was lost i.e they have lost it. They'll refund me the value of the invoice I sent last week (with me losing out on the exchange rate, no doubt), but it's not much consolation as the item was a signed book and I don't know if I'll be able to order it again. I was offered the refund as PM credit or a payment to the card I use to top up, took the card refund

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

blastman wrote: »
    Following up my previous post, I got an email from PM today admitting my package was lost i.e they have lost it. They'll refund me the value of the invoice I sent last week (with me losing out on the exchange rate, no doubt), but it's not much consolation as the item was a signed book and I don't know if I'll be able to order it again. I was offered the refund as PM credit or a payment to the card I use to top up, took the card refund

At least you had an invoice! My package is lost, I have no invoice. I doubt they’ll pay me anything if they do ever get back to me. Even though I declared the value of the parcel when I sent it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

jlm29 wrote: »
    At least you had an invoice! My package is lost, I have no invoice. I doubt they’ll pay me anything if they do ever get back to me. Even though I declared the value of the parcel when I sent it.

Have you got a word processing programme? Or Notes? Do up an invoice using that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭CarProblem

I'm sure people understand it's a busy time but if they're gonna completely ignore emails and tweets would it kill them to have estimated processing times on the website?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭newbie11

During the summer I ordered an electronic item from the far east, cost about 115 euro, after a few weeks I checked the tracking to see where it was, it seemed to arrive at the depot in Newtownabbey then disappeared, sent emails but got no reply, made a phone call where they acknowledged receipt of said emails but said they were very busy, understaffed etc. so couldn't reply.
    Anyway they said the item got lost in their depot and I was entitled to a 100 euro refund which would be sent back to my pay pal account after 10 working days. Those 10 days came and went many times with no sign of this refund, eventually I rang them again and they said it was now an accounts issue and would be dealt with in time, still no sign of the refund now 4 or 5 months later.
    Can't get through to an agent now at all, constantly on hold, they must have my number flagged. What can I do next?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭keepwalking

Joziburg wrote: »
    Got a message that I have a parcel in their oversize locker, surprised it’s that big. Does anyone know can I pick up oversize items at any time from Finglas I think? Thanks

I had to go to their Finglas depot to collect a parcel recently. Sometimes even parcels that you think won't be that big are packaged in massive boxes and don't fit in the normal lockers :o I found the opening hours below online -

Monday - Friday 9a.m.–10p.m.
    Saturday 9a.m.–7p.m.
    Sunday 10a.m.–6p.m.

Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

newbie11 wrote: »
    During the summer I ordered an electronic item from the far east, cost about 115 euro, after a few weeks I checked the tracking to see where it was, it seemed to arrive at the depot in Newtownabbey then disappeared, sent emails but got no reply, made a phone call where they acknowledged receipt of said emails but said they were very busy, understaffed etc. so couldn't reply.
    Anyway they said the item got lost in their depot and I was entitled to a 100 euro refund which would be sent back to my pay pal account after 10 working days. Those 10 days came and went many times with no sign of this refund, eventually I rang them again and they said it was now an accounts issue and would be dealt with in time, still no sign of the refund now 4 or 5 months later.
    Can't get through to an agent now at all, constantly on hold, they must have my number flagged. What can I do next?

Too long.

Hold times are 20-30 mins on the phone. You will get through.

If you think its your number which I doubt, try callkng from a different number.

My parcel was lost on 29th October and has already been refunded. This was worth 1500€.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭crossman47

I have been getting texts for a month asking me to pick up a parfel i have not ordered. Eventually I went down and took it out. It has my phone number but a different name. I wrote across it to this effect and emailed them. No effect - texts keep coming!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭RonyPonyBah

dan786 wrote: »
    Too long.

Hold times are 20-30 mins on the phone. You will get through.

If you think its your number which I doubt, try callkng from a different number.

My parcel was lost on 29th October and has already been refunded. This was worth 1500€.

How did you get the refund?
    Sent a package to the UK using PM and it's gone missing, no response to emails and can't get them on the phone just getting the run around from Nightline depo.

Thank **** I purchased the extended liability the day I put it in the PM

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

How did you get the refund?
    Sent a package to the UK using PM and it's gone missing, no response to emails and can't get them on the phone just getting the run around from Nightline depo.

Thank **** I purchased the extended liability the day I put it in the PM

I called them 2-3 times start of November, then my support ticket got assigned to a manager who kept me updated via email. Normally responded to my emails in 1-2 days. The refund was approved on 20th November and they asked me for Paypal details , the refund finally came through this Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I have a delivery going to parcelmotel for the first time in a few years. How do I top up for a single parcel?

Do I need to tie my card to them and then they will take the payment upon delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Suckit wrote: »
    I have a delivery going to parcelmotel for the first time in a few years. How do I top up for a single parcel?

Do I need to tie my card to them and then they will take the payment upon delivery?

Yes, if you tie your card they will only take the exact charge for this delivery. If you actually topup you will have to pay the Min topup which is €11.50 I think. You can always remove your card after the charge is taken.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Iv been a long time user of parcel motel but this morning I got a text to say that my parcel will be available for collection from a UPS van at a totally different location (5km away) to where my Parcel Motel locker is. To make it worse, I can only collect it between 11am and 6pm. Right in the middle of the working day!!!!

WTF...Im still being charged the full rate.:mad:

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,426 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Hogzy wrote: »
    Iv been a long time user of parcel motel but this morning I got a text to say that my parcel will be available for collection from a UPS van at a totally different location (5km away) to where my Parcel Motel locker is. To make it worse, I can only collect it between 11am and 6pm. Right in the middle of the working day!!!!

WTF...Im still being charged the full rate.:mad:

When did they let you know they received to when they said to collect?

I reckon the lockers are full (people not collecting them straight away) so have to use van as a mobile collection point, but 5kms away is taking Mick a bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If they're seeing the kinda surges the rest are then there's no way the lockers can handle it. Still not encouraging fast pickups, dopes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Beric Dondarrion

It's not just issues with deliveries now, the wheels have come off the sending side of things too. I sent three parcels to the UK last week (the 1st of December) through PM. All three are showing as being outbound from their depot as of the 2nd but no UPS tracking information is being displayed for any of the shipments. No idea where they are or when they will arrive in the UK.

Cracks starting to appear by the looks of it...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭VG31

It's not just issues with deliveries now, the wheels have come off the sending side of things too. I sent three parcels to the UK last week (the 1st of December) through PM. All three are showing as being outbound from their depot as of the 2nd but no UPS tracking information is being displayed for any of the shipments. No idea where they are or when they will arrive in the UK.

Cracks starting to appear by the looks of it...

You're much better off sending directly with UPS. It's a lot faster and a bit cheaper.

VG31 wrote: »
    You're much better off sending directly with UPS. It's a lot faster and a bit cheaper.

Do you have a link for that? Up to now I've found PM to be the cheapest to send to the UK, I just think they are totally overwhelmed at the moment and because of Brexit etc its only going to get worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭VG31

Do you have a link for that? Up to now I've found PM to be the cheapest to send to the UK, I just think they are totally overwhelmed at the moment and because of Brexit etc its only going to get worse.

I used to use PM as well before this year. I never had any issues but they weren't particularly quick. UPS is 2-3 days and they collect from your house at no extra charge.

https://wwwapps.ups.com/ctc/request?loc=en_IE

I have it linked to my eBay account so most details are autofilled for me. Apart from adding one extra transit day to UPS Standard shipments for this month, they don't seem to be having any noticeable delays.

Wow a new one. Parcel arrived last week was charged €4.50. Heard nothing since. The same parcel arrived again last night and charged €4.50 again. For the parcel. That arrived a week ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭LizardKing

I got a response today finally , parcel is lost.

They will refund me the €100 liability. I did not buy extended. Item was £119 so i'm a bit out of pocket.

I don;t imagine i'll be using the service too much in the next few months with all the no deal brexit crap

Maybe for sending packages just to use up credit

• Registered Users Posts: 21 cheeto

So, they’ve been ignoring my emails and calls for 2 weeks over missing packages. I saw one got delivered to Sandyford Bizquip, so I went to collect it last night. Machine was switched off with a black screen. Called the number to no answer. I went back this morning to check again.....the machine is GONE. I have received no notification of this, and all I got was the 24 hour warning that my parcel would expire. Mod - <SNIP> Don't got there with these sort of allegations.
    0858-DE07-6-CF4-4-D4-F-B436-182-CAB78-D8-A8.jpg
    BCDB46-A2-91-B8-4-BE5-BCFC-AC08-A6-E5-C53-B.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Havent seen any emails from PM about Brexit and theres no notice on their site either.
    Would I be alright to buy something from the UK now today and have it before any customs regime on Jan 1st. I dont need it for Xmas day or anything but just want to avoid any VAT. Would three weeks be okay for delivery to prevent this?

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭CarProblem

Can't imagine I'll be a regular customer anymore - as I said before I understand they're busy at this time of year but the complete lack of engagement with customers is shocking.

Got notification late last night that my parcel was in the locker, took 6 days. Will pick it up later this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Anyone know how to raise a claim against PM? Whenever I click on anything in the support section just says pages can't be found :rolleyes:

antodeco wrote: »
    Anyone know how to raise a claim against PM? Whenever I click on anything in the support section just says pages can't be found :rolleyes:

You'll need to call them. Emails will not be answered!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 rodia77

antodeco wrote: »

support@ parcelmotel.com

Even if they don't bother to respond, you should get an automated receipt confirmation, which may turn out useful for small claims court etc.

Advertisement