Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

I have an order delivered last Monday 28th to PM. No receipt email or text. Contacted them and got a zen desk reply saying it was probabaly received with no name on it. Sent them on the screenshot from Amazon complete with correct address on Friday. Still waiting a reply not sure Zendesk work weekends...

henke wrote: »
    How long did it take?

I got my parcel from Amazon delivered on Tuesday 29/9 and still hasn't arrived at my locker. It is usually in the next day. Are Parcel motel encountering delays in anyone's experience?

My email stated to expect it in my locker in 3 days- I assume working days so hopefully by next Tuesday or Wednesday - delivery to the depot from uk was very quick

• Registered Users Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

My email stated to expect it in my locker in 3 days- I assume working days so hopefully by next Tuesday or Wednesday - delivery to the depot from uk was very quick

3 days to your locker is long...

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

3 days to your locker is long...

Yeah but have experienced much longer in the past - at least on the notification they say expect delay of 3 days- I’m hoping I get the text tomorrow and I’ll be happy out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭VG31

Yeah but have experienced much longer in the past - at least on the notification they say expect delay of 3 days- I’m hoping I get the text tomorrow and I’ll be happy out

It seems to vary a lot by location. I've barely had any delays at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Does anyone know if I get an XL package, am I charged 7 to the depot plus another 7.99 home delivery, or is is 3.99 to the depot plus 7.99 delivery?

Thanks

Hoboo wrote: »
    Does anyone know if I get an XL package, am I charged 7 to the depot plus another 7.99 home delivery, or is is 3.99 to the depot plus 7.99 delivery?

Thanks

7 + 8

VG31 wrote: »
    It seems to vary a lot by location. I've barely had any delays at all.

Yeah it does- got my code this morning so it was about 2.5 working days from my notification of arriving at depot- expect longer delays from now on as Christmas approaches- from experience of PM, I recommend shop early if depending on these guys for Christmas shopping deliveries

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Does nightline deliver on Saturdays? Paid for home delivery as i am unable to get to the parcel motel

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Does nightline deliver on Saturdays? Paid for home delivery as i am unable to get to the parcel motel

I would say Monday.
    Sometimes they do deliver Saturdays - depends on the area.
    Also they use contractors so some of them deliver Saturdays to make extra money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭emy

It seems that there is a delay in Belfast, or they lost it. Its been nearly 36hrs since the packet arrived in Belfast and no sign of it so far. I have sent them an inquiry but no reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

rodia77 wrote: »
    Anyone else experiencing parcels torn open? A good couple of times for me in the last few months, filed a complaint in May, completely ignored despite reminders. I'm wondering if I'm having bad luck or are they notorious with it? FWIW, Circle K Leitrim St in Cork.

I had a large multi pack of tools last year,arrived in Ireland, got the image via email,when i took it from the locker it looked very different,and was taped up with official tape,but one tool and a battery missing from my order.. once I proved what was supposed to be in it I got a refund .. but no explanation or sincere apology.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

emy wrote: »
    It seems that there is a delay in Belfast, or they lost it. Its been nearly 36hrs since the packet arrived in Belfast and no sign of it so far. I have sent them an inquiry but no reply.

It takes up to four days from landing in belfast to get to the locker at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭emy

tedpan wrote: »
    It takes up to four days from landing in belfast to get to the locker at the moment.
    Yes, you are right, on the 8th evening was shipped, on the 12th at 11am arrived in Belfast and, a few minutes ago I got an email saying, the parcel has arrived at Parcel motel HQ...we are taking very good care of it.....speaking about "taking a good care of it", A few months back I had a laptop packed in a fruit box, no sign on it...fragile...just a banana box, I do not know what was in seller's mind...anyway, it came as expected, broken, badly. Seller accepted his mistake and I returned it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

emy wrote: »
    Yes, you are right, on the 8th evening was shipped, on the 12th at 11am arrived in Belfast and, a few minutes ago I got an email saying, the parcel has arrived at Parcel motel HQ...we are taking very good care of it.....speaking about "taking a good care of it", A few months back I had a laptop packed in a fruit box, no sign on it...fragile...just a banana box, I do not know what was in seller's mind...anyway, it came as expected, broken, badly. Seller accepted his mistake and I returned it.

Ah the joys... Hopefully this one arrives soon 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

Just a warning for anyone planning on using parcel motel.

I had a phone delivered. Went to collect at parcel motel locker. Opened the Locker with my code. Box was in there but nothing in the box.
    How is that possible? It had obviously been stolen.

Still waiting on parcel motels response a week later.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Just a warning for anyone planning on using parcel motel.

I had a phone delivered. Went to collect at parcel motel locker. Opened the Locker with my code. Box was in there but nothing in the box.
    How is that possible? It had obviously been stolen.

Still waiting on parcel motels response a week later.

I'm done with parcel motel, their customer service is non existent

• Registered Users Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

With DPD creating another 700 new jobs due the high demand for on-line shopping, you would think UPS would take advantage too instead of ignoring whatever customer base they have left...

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 30 rodia77

Speaking of being done with PM, what are the alternatives? I only know of An Post's AddressPal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

rodia77 wrote: »
    Speaking of being done with PM, what are the alternatives? I only know of An Post's AddressPal.

There's also DPD Parcel Wizard

• Advertisement

There's also DPD Parcel Wizard

Ha, I have an account with them but I didn't know they do mail forwarding from the UK, too. I see the address in Newtownabbey, so same issues for some purchases as with PM (eg batteries), and I have to check their insurance terms -- a convenient thing about PM is that you can buy insurance to I think €2.5k for a week or two, An Post in turn seems to apply a ridiculous €40 (€200 for home deliveries) cap.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

DPD or PM shouldn't have a problem with batteries as they only ship by road. I have never had a problem with hem shipping anything with batteries.

whiterebel wrote: »
    DPD or PM shouldn't have a problem with batteries as they only ship by road. I have never had a problem with hem shipping anything with batteries.

I imagine they mean Amazon or other companies not delivering items containing Lithium batteries to NI, rather than issues with PM/PW themselves.

I imagine they mean Amazon or other companies not delivering items containing Lithium batteries to NI, rather than issues with PM/PW themselves.

This.

Edit: BTW, DPD seem to cap their liability at €100, not great.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I never have a problem with Amazon delivering batteries to PM or PW?

whiterebel wrote: »
    I never have a problem with Amazon delivering batteries to PM or PW?

This Anker Power Bank for example won't ship to NI.

I don't know why Amazon don't ship batteries here considering it all comes on trucks. At least some deliveries to NI go by air.

Off the top of my head, other types of problematic products that come to mind include aerosol sprays or chemicals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

This Anker Power Bank for example won't ship to NI.

I don't know why Amazon don't ship batteries here considering it all comes on trucks. At least some deliveries to NI go by air.

They ship batteries like AAs to Ireland but no power banks. Same to N.I.
    If something with a battery will ship to N.I it can always go direct to Ireland as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

Are there still delays? The last parcel they sent me they didn't take a photo of it and I am missing one at the moment that PM customer service say they have but can't find....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

jk23 wrote: »
    Are there still delays? The last parcel they sent me they didn't take a photo of it and I am missing one at the moment that PM customer service say they have but can't find....

thats what happened to mine, no photo. very suspicious

Advertisement