Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

dan786 wrote: »
    There is addresspal by An Post and Parcel Wizard by DPD. None have locker service though.

Parcelwizard has been 24 hour turn around for me the last two weeks much faster than usual. Kicking parcel motel and addresspals ass at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭settopbox

Anyone got a phone number for them as I am awaiting a response with days from them and not a peep.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Re Parcel Motel if your parcel is in transit for few days, it basically means the lockers are full. Was just at my local and the guy had to take two big bags of parcels back into the van as it was full.

He said they do 3 drops a day but most people dont bother collecting theirs until last minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Beric Dondarrion

Anyone have any experience with UPS losing a parcel that has been sent to the UK via Parcel Motel?

I've sent several items to the UK using Parcel Motel over the pat year or so with no issues. The items always arrived and the UPS provided tracking numbers were always accurate with regard to delivery times etc.

I sent a package last week and I've been told it's now "lost". The weird thing is that the receiving depot (where it was last scanned by UPS) is just 10 miles from its final delivery address.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,731 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

settopbox wrote: »
    Anyone got a phone number for them as I am awaiting a response with days from them and not a peep.
    Thanks

(076) 888 6677
    Good luck getting to speak to someone. If you do, please let me know.

I had a parcel returned to sender by parcel motel today. Very unusual as this has never happened before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

I've gotten an email response from them today, package found and will be forwarded ASAP.

They did mention they have a lots of emails to get though.

Nate

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

dan786 wrote: »
    Re Parcel Motel if your parcel is in transit for few days, it basically means the lockers are full. Was just at my local and the guy had to take two big bags of parcels back into the van as it was full.

He said they do 3 drops a day but most people dont bother collecting theirs until last minute.

We've discussed it before on here, they should refund you part of the charge if you pickup early during busy periods. Let them do increased volume and improve customer experience.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Sheridan81 wrote:
    How do I know when it has arrived? Will Parcel Motel notify me via email or text? I mean that's what it says on website, but just making sure, as it's been a while. How long does it usually take to deliver?

Usually takes two days max. You should be able to track on the nightline website using the pm parcel number.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

I've just been charged three times for one parcel due to an apparent screw-up by PM. This was not due to overstaying by me at the locker. I've emailed them and got no answer. They eventually got back to a tweet of mine, but my issue still hasn't been resolved. I'm not impressed and will now move my custom to AddressPal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Amrie36

I have had really bad experience with nightline only happened Monday they said my parcel was delivered and it was not thru numerous phone calls and emails finally got the answer of the courier is adamant he delivered it to your adress as he clearly did not as I was here all day Monday and nothing was delivered
    Nightline now expect me to try and contact the company in England to try get a refund but the company has already said the parcel left there fine and the mix up clearly was on the courier side
    I am now out of pocket

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭VG31

Amrie36 wrote: »
    I have had really bad experience with nightline only happened Monday they said my parcel was delivered and it was not thru numerous phone calls and emails finally got the answer of the courier is adamant he delivered it to your adress as he clearly did not as I was here all day Monday and nothing was delivered
    Nightline now expect me to try and contact the company in England to try get a refund but the company has already said the parcel left there fine and the mix up clearly was on the courier side
    I am now out of pocket

It's up to the seller to refund you. They're the ones that should be looking for their money back from Nightline, not you.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,835 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I'm trying to enter an expected delivery in Parcel Motel parcel diary but it keeps telling me to please enter correct details. Everything entered is correct and includes a royal mail tracking number.
    is there something wrong with it?

Seve OB wrote: »
    I'm trying to enter an expected delivery in Parcel Motel parcel diary but it keeps telling me to please enter correct details. Everything entered is correct and includes a royal mail tracking number.
    is there something wrong with it?

Worked two days ago for me.

DPD handed something off to PM earlier today. Not scanned yet. Now we wait to see how long it takes for ingest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,220 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

I was checking the parcel Motel website and I can't figure this out, though I suspect I know the answer. Although I have used PM for a long time, I've only ever used PM to as an alternative address for reduced shipping charges to NI.

I want to send a parcel, via motel to another in Ireland. I know this will cost me €4.50 to send. Will the recipient also have to pay a charge as well? I suspect they do?

If this is the case then I'd be as well posting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I was checking the parcel Motel website and I can't figure this out, though I suspect I know the answer. Although I have used PM for a long time, I've only ever used PM to as an alternative address for reduced shipping charges to NI.

I want to send a parcel, via motel to another in Ireland. I know this will cost me €4.50 to send. Will the recipient also have to pay a charge as well? I suspect they do?

No. There is no charge to the recipient.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭VG31

No, only the sender pays. It would be pointless otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Ah another risk of parcel motel/amazon combo...ordered something small from Amazon, got an oversized package notification today.

Wondered what it could be...this mysterious large object that couldn't possibly fit into a locker, warranted a big charge and a depot collection.

But no, it was indeed the small item I ordered..in a whopper of a box. bleh

ED E wrote: »
    DPD handed something off to PM earlier today. Not scanned yet. Now we wait to see how long it takes for ingest.

No sign yet. Feels like December.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,835 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Ordered during the week, delivered to pm in the north on Thursday 6.30 am Royal Mail tracked.

Still waiting, is tHis normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Can anyone give advice. Ordered 2 items from currys uk ebay store. Both items have same tracking number, however I just collected it and only 1 item there. Checked the tracking detail, consignment had 2 parcels, 1 delivered at 9:26am, other at 9:30am, only 1 of them was checked in. However I only have 1 tracking number so if I contact parcel motel they will just say I received it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭magoo84

Anyone having issues with Parcel motel parcels being stuck "in transit" for days? I ordered something from Amazon Germany and it arrived in the depot on Monday but hasn't been stored as of yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Piss poor customer service but yet I've ordered through them again. One final chance before I move to an post's service

Half my currys order still missing, both delivered to parcel motel a minute apart. How long do they normally take to reply to emails?

spix wrote: »
    Half my currys order still missing, both delivered to parcel motel a minute apart. How long do they normally take to reply to emails?

Forever. Try ringing them. I had zero luck over a month of emailing and ringing, they only sorted me out when I sent in a claim for the cost of the parcel

Forever. Try ringing them. I had zero luck over a month of emailing and ringing, they only sorted me out when I sent in a claim for the cost of the parcel

How do you send in claim?

spix wrote: »
    How do you send in claim?

Via email, include receipt of item

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

I've a Nightline delivery on the way. Their website tracking does not work at all. Anyone know where I can get proper tracking details?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭5star02707

Really hard to contact them especially when things go wrong. Was waiting for a parcel which was delivered to them (Belfast) last week, arrived in Dublin depot Sat and didn't make the cut to be stored in my locker.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

5star02707 wrote: »
    Really hard to contact them especially when things go wrong. Was waiting for a parcel which was delivered to them (Belfast) last week, arrived in Dublin depot Sat and didn't make the cut to be stored in my locker.

My last 5 parcels have been 5 days between hitting Belfast Depot and arriving in my locker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭magoo84

I've been waiting a week for a parcel to make the trip from the depot to my locker. Totally defeats the purpose if the time saved using them instead of An Post for UK deliveries is cancelled out by it hanging around their warehouse for a week. There doesn't seem to be any prioritising of parcels once they get them, they're just flung into a van at random, rather than based on the date they arrived in the PM depot. The most irritating part is that it's you chasing them, not the other way around. Surely they can automatically flag parcels which are delayed. The latest update I got is that they're doing a warehouse search, which doesn't fill me with hope..

Advertisement