Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,549 ✭✭✭dubrov

Quackster wrote: »
    I'd imagine France would be the most likely option as transporting the parcels back by ferry would provide for the most economical service.

They might be waiting to see how things work out with the GB landbridge over the next few weeks/months as that would be the fastest & most reliable routing.

Germany would be slightly more expensive but bigger economy so more deals. Also Amazon DE has a decent English version

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Well then, I'd imagine their system is doing it automatically. Hardly a random error by one of their operators. They would want to sort that ASAP.

2 more double charges to receive item from another parcel motel user but now no reply about refund since brexit, desperate for the extra money or swamped in queries???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Cole

gman2k wrote: »
    Staff at my local depot were helpful in tracking it down, but Parcel Motel custy service seems to be gone. Not answering on Twitter for a week now and phone lines are closed

It was always pretty much non-existent...disingenuous of PM/Nightline to ever refer to it as 'customer service'.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 rodia77

Does anyone have any recent experience with parcels delivered to PM's Dublin address rather than Newtownabbey? (Because why would An Post deploy lockers in Cork, the second largest city in IE, right?)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

rodia77 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any recent experience with parcels delivered to PM's Dublin address rather than Newtownabbey? (Because why would An Post deploy lockers in Cork, the second largest city in IE, right?)

I do, from there to Tipperary. Has been next day after getting the "we have your parcel" email.

• Advertisement

I bought something from a Kildare seller on Adverts last week. The Parcel Motel website says it was stored in the locker on the 1st January. After that there's two other tracking entries but strangely both at the exact same time on different days. Still haven't received the parcel. Is this normal anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭lcstress2012

I bought 4 books from the book depository. They where all in stock and all said shipped on delivery update. But when I got an email from parcel motel and collected it there was only one book in the locker and then just one book in the locker the next day! So that’s 3.50 per day and now I have to wait for the two other books too!!

Very annoying, has anyone else got items separately with parcel motel?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I bought 4 books from the book depository. They where all in stock and all said shipped on delivery update. But when I got an email from parcel motel and collected it there was only one book in the locker and then just one book in the locker the next day! So that’s 3.50 per day and now I have to wait for the two other books too!!

Everyone. It’s on the first page regarding collections. Per stay per parcel. It was discussed here a week or two ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

This seems to be standard for them and it's ridiculous. I ordered 8 books through the book depository just before Christmas. All were in stock but they sent them in 8 separate packages instead of one box. Luckily I had them delivered to my house and not PM/PW/AP.

Never ordering from them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭harmless

Oat23 wrote: »
    This seems to be standard for them and it's ridiculous. I ordered 8 books through the book depository just before Christmas. All were in stock but they sent them in 8 separate packages instead of one box. Luckily I had them delivered to my house and not PM/PW/AP.

Do you think they can from different warehouses?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Oat23 wrote: »

It is standard for them and I presume it's more cost-effective too.

Plus it makes it much more likely stuff will fit through the letterbox so I'm happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭positron

Has ParcelMotel gone completely sh1te since Brexit / Lockdown?

Someone sending me a small package from has put the parcel into PM (status shows "CustomerStored") and it's been FOUR days and absolutely no movement. Is this normal? (I haven't used ParcelMotel in last six months).

Same thing here mate. Bought something on Adverts and the seller used PM. It's been in my local depot since last Wednesday with no movement. Was worried it had been stolen or something.

Pay very close attention if receiving parcels from other motel users. They pay a 4.50 fee and parcel motel sometimes charge your account 4.50 also which they shouldn't. Few weeks ago you could email them and get the fee returned but now impossible to contact them.

MAORISH wrote: »
    So after I was convinced my parcel was gone for ever it appeared in a locker today? I just got a text with locker number no email to say it was checked nothing..It had been opened but content was fine.......Anyway I was thrilled as super surprise but as it was missing PM refunded me.....How do I refund them back as even though they led me a merry dance I feel guilty having refund?

Its a shame they're impossible to contact now, guess you just keep the item and refund.

MAORISH wrote: »
    I'm wondering does their system flag refunds that then if items are recovered they look to recover the refund? I wont keep the refund as I only wanted my purchase and not to profit from it. I'm every superstitious that I'd get back luck or something

Just email them. I'd be curious if they'll reply to that one asking to give the money back or if they fired everyone who reads emails, I've got no replies to any email sent since near end of December. I tried sending new emails and also replying to people in previous conversations but nothing. They owe me 9 euro on double charges. If they don't reply at least you tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

Same thing here mate. Bought something on Adverts and the seller used PM. It's been in my local depot since last Wednesday with no movement. Was worried it had been stolen or something.

Heads up on this in all my years using parcel motel I don't think sending ever worked for me.

First item to UK lost.
    Any items PM to PM stayed in the lockers for god knows how long.

It was as if the info that there were parcels to be removed from the lockers was not automatically sent to system / drivers.

When I had to make a claim for the various items there was just an oh well its lost sh1t happens attitude and took months to get refunds.

So yeah in summary not sure the send option even works at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ashersmc

I'm waiting on an item that was delivered to parcel motel on the 17th December. Have sent emails and logged it into the parcel diary. Is anyone in the same situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Beric Dondarrion

Still waiting for two claims to be paid, coming up on 6 weeks now since they were supposedly approved. Every time I ring I get a different story about their status. Called again today and had a customer service agent hang up on me when I asked for a mangers email address.........looks like they have simply stopped giving a flying f**k about customers who are out of pocket due to their mistakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Ashersmc wrote: »
    I'm waiting on an item that was delivered to parcel motel on the 17th December. Have sent emails and logged it into the parcel diary. Is anyone in the same situation?

Ring your local Nightline depot and explain the situation.
    It was probably delivered with your PMid missing,.so has gone into holding.
    Happened that me and when I rang about it I had the item the next day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭emrys

JG009 wrote: »
    Heads up on this in all my years using parcel motel I don't think sending ever worked for me.

First item to UK lost.
    Any items PM to PM stayed in the lockers for god knows how long.

It was as if the info that there were parcels to be removed from the lockers was not automatically sent to system / drivers.

When I had to make a claim for the various items there was just an oh well its lost sh1t happens attitude and took months to get refunds.

So yeah in summary not sure the send option even works at all.

I posted two parcels from parcel motel (one to Cork and one to Dublin on Tuesday, both delivered to recipients by Thursday. Never had an issue posting within ireland.

Ashersmc wrote: »

I had same problem. Entering the tracking number in 'find my parcel' didn't help like it normall did. Eventually got seller to show the label booking details, there was 2 extra numbers at end of tracking number which weren't actually part of it, but parcel motel included that. If you have tracking once you enter the 'full' tracking number it will auto log into your account.. of course assuming the parcel isn't lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ashersmc

Thanks a mill for this, rang nightline, they couldn't find it but they got onto parcel motel who gave a quick reply to say they had it. I'm absolutely chuffed.
    Many Thanks for the help.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,426 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

They charged me 3 times for one delivery, and then cancelled afterwards, yet still charged me the €4.50 each time (I had to top up to just get the one delivery, because they kept taking money).

So now I have €10.50 in my account, and 2 additional payments they should refund me (but going to assume they are lost forever now). Is there any process for getting a refund of the credit on the account?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭Poochie05

As was suggested on this thread I think, I emailed them with my account number and asked them to refund the balance. They emailed back to say it was done and should appear in my account in 3-5 days so hopefully I’ll see it this week.

Poochie05 wrote: »
    As was suggested on this thread I think, I emailed them with my account number and asked them to refund the balance. They emailed back to say it was done and should appear in my account in 3-5 days so hopefully I’ll see it this week.

What email address did you use. I've been trying to contact them for weeks to refund me double charges and no reply.

Support@parcelmotel.com
    Took them about 4 days to respond

Support@parcelmotel.com
    Took them about 4 days to respond

Was this before brexit or after? Guess they are just ignoring some requests. Time to send another email.

Emailed them last week.

• Advertisement

Emailed them last week.

Thanks for the info.
    I have a feeling they are making this double charge on parcel motel -> parcel motel standard as a way to boost income. Otherwise why wouldn't they reply to my emails asking for the refund on these charges when they had no problem doing it previously. This makes the minimum fee to send a parcel to another parcel motel user to be 7.75, not 4.50 as advertised, whereas you can just send directly to their house for 6.50. Clearly shouldn't be the case. Suggest nobody to use parcel motel -> parcel motel for now, just send to their home address instead.

Advertisement