Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

breeno wrote:
    Similar story here. Any update for you today? Do you think we should be worried or it’s just a backlog that’ll clear eventually?

tedpan wrote:
    No, still no sign of it. I think if it's not checked in by tomorrow lunchtime, I'll give them a call.

Have been on hold for 25 minutes, will let you know if I get an update..

breeno wrote:
    Similar story here. Any update for you today? Do you think we should be worried or it’s just a backlog that’ll clear eventually?

tedpan wrote:
    No, still no sign of it. I think if it's not checked in by tomorrow lunchtime, I'll give them a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭breeno

tedpan wrote: »

My delivery is bigger than I expected seemingly and checked in last night marked for home delivery. Hopefully yours turns up today. Getting through can be a nightmare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭ChewyLouie

Ordered a kitchen knife from Amazon over the weekend and just spotted next to the order now that it's an "Age Restricted Delivery: Someone over the age of 18 with a valid ID must be present for this delivery".

I also see from Parcel Motel's T&Cs that age restricted deliveries are not accepted. Has anybody had any luck getting deliveries through or should I cancel before it gets dispatched?

Edit: The item is also not available to ship directly to Ireland, hence PM.

Edit 2: Thought it best to cancel. Cancellation rejected as it is ready for dispatch... well, let's see what happens.

breeno wrote:
    My delivery is bigger than I expected seemingly and checked in last night marked for home delivery. Hopefully yours turns up today. Getting through can be a nightmare.

Yep, got through. It magically checked in while I was on the phone to her :) happy days anyway, should have it within the next 24 hours all going well..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

ChewyLouie wrote: »
    Ordered a kitchen knife from Amazon over the weekend and just spotted next to the order now that it's an "Age Restricted Delivery: Someone over the age of 18 with a valid ID must be present for this delivery".

I also see from Parcel Motel's T&Cs that age restricted deliveries are not accepted. Has anybody had any luck getting deliveries through or should I cancel before it gets dispatched?

Edit 2: Thought it best to cancel. Cancellation rejected as it is ready for dispatch... well, let's see what happens.

Alcohol, also an age-restricted delivery (and strictly forbidden by PM), regularly gets though.

I doubt you'll have a problem; they have these restrictions so that they can't be held liable if something goes tits-up.

ChewyLouie wrote:

ChewyLouie wrote:

ChewyLouie wrote:

Yeah, it really depends on what the person delivering to parcel motel asks for. It's next to impossible to ship knives cross border, but with the way things are and how busy couriers are at the moment, finger's crossed it'll go through unnoticed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭ChewyLouie

ChewyLouie wrote: »

According to the tracking it has been rejected by Parcel Motel...

Customer refused delivery - order will be returned
    Newtownabbey, GB

(Aside: Newtownabbey isn't actually in GB...)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭markc1184

1 of 3 packages that were signed for at PM last wednesday has finally shown on my account this afternoon. Hopefully the other 2 won't be far behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Dzygit

Hi
    Order package like always
    Package deliver to belfast at 16 this month , oversize package- car parts lights exactly.
    From 16 nothing happen , my friend order from this same shop in uk by parcel motel his package arrived at Saturday.
    Create 2 tickets - no answers
    Try call parcel motel on Balymoon - no one answer to.

Customer for over 3 years and thisis joke need this parts to fix car.
    Darius

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

Theres a big delay on oversize parcels being redirected. Try call them again. Took me about 30 mins on hold to get through.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

It seems to be all random at the moment. Some parcel taking over 4-5 days to get checked in and some checked in same day. Same goes for going into lockers. All random.

Parcel delivered, checked in Saturday, was stored in locker same night.
    Parcel delivered Friday and check in Saturday is still not stored.

Only good think I experienced was I sent a parcel from Dublin to Galway via PM and it took 12 hours from putting it in locker and then it being stored in a locker in Galway. Super quick. In past this took 1-2 weeks to exact same person same location.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭aziz

Been trying to set up a account with parcel motel for the last couple of days but the webpage is constantly loading, is there another way to register

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

Can anyone advise the most reliable and/or cost effective way of returning and item that was purchased through a seller in the UK on eBay? I used parcel motel for delivery and it turns out the wrong item was delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭VG31

stuba wrote: »
    Can anyone advise the most reliable and/or cost effective way of returning and item that was purchased through a seller in the UK on eBay? I used parcel motel for delivery and it turns out the wrong item was delivered.

If it's small An Post is probably the most convenient and cheapest. Otherwise buy a Hermes or Royal Mail label online and use Parcel Motel to send it to Hermes/Royal Mail in Northern Ireland. It can be quite slow for Hermes to collect from PM. The returns to Royal Mail seem to be faster but I only used it once.

Of course you could just use the Parcel Motel sending service but it's not cheap at €14.50–€16.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 HashMonkey

Had two parcels check in on the 19th about 2 hours apart. Parcel no.2 was put in a locker within the next day or two but still no movement on parcel no.1.
    This is puzzling as I would have presumed the fist checked in would be the first delivered. It's been a full day now since the other was dropped in the locker and still no word on the other.
    Today I can't log in to my parcel motel account, just keeps loading and then says wrong password/username even after changing my password.
    Anyone else having similar issues ? Or know what the log in error could be ?
    Starting to worry now have they lost my first parcel.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

HashMonkey wrote: »
    Had two parcels check in on the 19th about 2 hours apart. Parcel no.2 was put in a locker within the next day or two but still no movement on parcel no.1.
    This is puzzling as I would have presumed the fist checked in would be the first delivered. It's been a full day now since the other was dropped in the locker and still no word on the other.
    Today I can't log in to my parcel motel account, just keeps loading and then says wrong password/username even after changing my password.

Go back a couple of pages on this thread and you'll see both situations have been happening to others as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Dessler

Removing my previous post, going to wait a few more days before going into full panic mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

HashMonkey wrote: »

Not just you, I have a parcel from 19th still in transit. Parcels from 20th , 21st have already been delivered to me.

Also have a parcel which was delivered to them 5 days ago and still not checked in.

Give it few more days before worrying.

Haven’t been able to log in all morning- just keep getting the spinning parcel - how long does this outage normally last for?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭bdmc5

Haven’t been able to log in all morning- just keep getting the spinning parcel - how long does this outage normally last for?

Im the exact same. Cant login to request home delievry on an oevrsized item so really frustrating. Never seen this issue before so no idea how long this is going to take to get fix

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

same cannot login all day, can reset pw but not login.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

Thought it was just me, trying to login to top up account as I'll have a delivery due in next day or two. Contacted on Twitter enquiring if they know about any issues with their website, but no response as of yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭bdmc5

Looks to be fixed now , managed to get in.

bdmc5 wrote: »
    Looks to be fixed now , managed to get in.

Lucky you- it's spinning parcel time for me still. I see people had issues a few pages back but it seemed to right itself within a few hours- this has been since last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

mine worked

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Lucky you- it's spinning parcel time for me still. I see people had issues a few pages back but it seemed to right itself within a few hours- this has been since last night.

Try clearing your Browser cache.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eiei0

Anyone else waiting over 3 days for parcels to be left to the motel??

eiei0 wrote:
    Anyone else waiting over 3 days for parcels to be left to the motel??

Yes, lots of people are in the same boat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

I wonder would it be down to space at your motels? That people are buying everything online. I had two checked in on Friday, one at lunchtime and one in the evening and they were both put in lockers Friday night.

I don't know what numbering system they use but the two on Friday started with PCRM229, looking back at the parcel history everything seems to end in 001, and there are 5 digits in between so my two that were checked in on Friday were pcrm-229-xxxxx-001.

There was just short of 81,000 numbers inbetween them, I'm assuming the numbers run sequentially.
    The lockers have 40 small, 28 medium, and 12 large and they are giving people 4 days to collect instead of 2, could just be huge backlogs in certain areas with everyone buying everything online.

fPkoCLF.jpg

Advertisement