Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Seems to be all random now, parcels delivered at 11am on Saturday , checked in 6pm and stored at 9pm same day.

But some parcels taking 3-4 days to be even check in. I have noticed that Amazon parcels get priority, they mostly get checked in same day but delays with parcels from other retailers.

Not sure if it has to do with An Post doing Prime deliveries here which takes a few days longer and PM want to be quicker than them to keep the customers.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Have three parcels, two were signed for on saturday and one yesterday in Newtonabbey. Nothing on my account when I login, will call them tomorrow if there's no change..

dan786 wrote:
    But some parcels taking 3-4 days to be even check in. I have noticed that Amazon parcels get priority, they mostly get checked in same day but delays with parcels from other retailers.

Phoned them, it seems that mainly royal mail deliveries are affected. RM deliver to a depot and load the packages into cages, that's where they're signed for. It's taking upto 24 hours for parcel motel to collect the cage from the rm depot, then from there they go through the system as normal. Definitely far busier than normal..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,832 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

i need to send something to another parcel motel and have never done it. it is just a hose and attachments., under 10kg and i plan to just put it in a plastic bag, but was wondering if it will be ok in that or should i really box it up?

i think it will fit in the small locker, but what happens if it doesn't when i get there, can you upgrade or do you have to have it bang on first go

Seve OB wrote:
    i think it will fit in the small locker, but what happens if it doesn't when i get there, can you upgrade or do you have to have it bang on first go

I'd definitely wrap it up. You can choose locker size when you're there, at least I had the option when sending stuff back to virgin media.

• Advertisement

cheers, actually found some cardboard to wrap it in and wrapped that in plastic bag.

i'll thought you had to sign up online and print out a label for it? can hardly do that at the locker!

i think it will fit in small locker, but could be a squeeze going by their dimensions. i'll risk it for a biscuit and sign it up anyway, but someone might see me having a fight with the PM machine trying to squeeze it in tomorrow morning :)

Seve OB wrote:
    i'll thought you had to sign up online and print out a label for it? can hardly do that at the locker!

No, you're right! Print off the docket, attach it to the box and then scan it in at the parcel motel locker. Think that's where you can choose a larger locker if needed.

tedpan wrote:
    Phoned them, it seems that mainly royal mail deliveries are affected. RM deliver to a depot and load the packages into cages, that's where they're signed for. It's taking upto 24 hours for parcel motel to collect the cage from the rm depot, then from there they go through the system as normal. Definitely far busier than normal..

FYI, It's actually taking up to 72 hours to process them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Anyone here with the initials JM waiting for a Book People delivery from parcel motel? They got sent to mine by accident. I'll contact Parcel Motel but thought it might be quicker here.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

I've switched to Addresspal for the moment, seems to be several days faster for second class parcels to reach their depot and its no slower that its usual slowness and at least its consistent.

• Advertisement

Still no sign of my package that was delivered to them on Tuesday at 7am. Hasn't even been signed into my account :(

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭AuldDaysul

tedpan wrote: »
    Still no sign of my package that was delivered to them on Tuesday at 7am. Hasn't even been signed into my account :(

I'd a tracked RM parcel delivered to Newtownabbey on the 23rd of April. 3 unanswered emails later and it checks in today 15th of May, in the locker tonight. I thought this was my first loss but PM somehow rescued the situation and keep their 100% record on 219 deliveries!

They have only lost one on me at a time when I didnt have increased liability so only got 100. It was an 800 Euro phone which was checked into account with picture but never turned up in locker.

Other than that 3074 other parcels and all good. Yeah you read that right, I used them a lot. Thats over 12000 Euros spend on locker fees.

dan786 wrote:
    Other than that 3074 other parcels and all good. Yeah you read that right, I used them a lot. Thats over 12000 Euros spend on locker fees.

If you average 50euro per delivery, that's 150k on products :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

dan786 wrote: »
    Thats over 12000 Euros spend on locker fees.
    jaysus, if I did that much business I'd be asking for a discount, or at least an invite to the xmas party!

If you average 50euro per delivery, that's 150k on products :D

Its double that. About 95% stuff has been worth over 200 Euros per parcel.

I have spent 147k on Revolut alone.

rubadub wrote: »
    jaysus, if I did that much business I'd be asking for a discount, or at least an invite to the xmas party!

Priority customer service would do but unfortunately its the worst I have seen in any company.

dan786 wrote:
    Priority customer service would do but unfortunately its the worst I have seen in any company.

I use them both a lot, but eglobal's support is non existent!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭AuldDaysul

dan786 wrote: »
    They have only lost one on me at a time when I didnt have increased liability so only got 100. It was an 800 Euro phone which was checked into account with picture but never turned up in locker.

Jaysis I'd be asking PM to install a locker at my front door

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭breeno

Hi guys,

I had a parcel delivered by parcel force to pm on Wednesday morning and it hasn’t shown up in the system yet.

I had another parcel(smaller) arrive to them on Thursday and that went through the normal checkin and 24hr turnaround time. Collected it this morning

Should I be worried about my first parcel at this stage? I rang them and eventually got through and the girl said to send a mail with the item details and they’d do a search for it early next week. Could it still be waiting to be processed at this stage 3 days later?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭Doge

Is it me or is PM dog slow to log into today?

Could be the fact my password is wrong it's been a while since I uused them.

Can't seem reset it either, but that spinning package thing takes ages before the page refreshes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

Doge wrote: »
    Is it me or is PM dog slow to log into today?

Could be the fact my password is wrong it's been a while since I uused them.

Can't seem reset it either, but that spinning package thing takes ages before the page refreshes.

Something wrong alright, not showing my balance or any parcel history.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭Doge

Back up now.

Was able to login fine now even though my password was rejected earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

Gone again, seem to be having problems tonight.

Edit. Back again.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

scotchy wrote:
    Gone again, seem to be having problems tonight.

It's been up and down for days, probably server issues.

Parcel still hasn't been checked in 4 days after it was delivered either.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭breeno

It's been up and down for days, probably server issues.

Parcel still hasn't been checked in 4 days after it was delivered either.

Similar story here. Any update for you today? Do you think we should be worried or it’s just a backlog that’ll clear eventually?

breeno wrote:
    Similar story here. Any update for you today? Do you think we should be worried or it’s just a backlog that’ll clear eventually?

No, still no sign of it. I think if it's not checked in by tomorrow lunchtime, I'll give them a call.

by the way, when i send a parcel, i assume i get charged the sending price and the recipient get charged to collect? or is there just one charge?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Seve OB wrote: »
    by the way, when i send a parcel, i assume i get charged the sending price and the recipient get charged to collect? or is there just one charge?

Just one charge to send it

• Advertisement

Seve OB wrote:

Only the sender pays as far as I know!

Advertisement