Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭BGOllie

had a good bit of luck today at car boot sales
    13055371_10154134440373276_8835720310258702048_n.jpg?oh=7737b77af0d397ee4d6c3ceb01244285&oe=577AC5A2

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I hate you Ollie....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭MrVestek

BGOllie wrote: »
    had a good bit of luck today at car boot sales
    13055371_10154134440373276_8835720310258702048_n.jpg?oh=7737b77af0d397ee4d6c3ceb01244285&oe=577AC5A2

Star Trek: Voyager Elite Force.

Far... far better game on the PC.

They seriously nerfed it for the PS2 and the controls are woeful.

Still... good game though. Does the PS2 version include Virtual Voyager?

I can't remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

They look amazing, id love to get into painting like that, how do you go about starting off or did you just always know how to do it?
    I used to watch my sister and her partner painting so I grew up with it.
    I had showed some one a step by step one and they found it helped. Might be good for you.
    It's all practice.
    https://youtu.be/e4Jgofx8Im0
    https://youtu.be/BtIX1Y1AfME
    https://youtu.be/N1bRiCVAHVg
    https://youtu.be/yfGFSywvn60
    I heard of people following Bob Ross videos even on Mario paint and it turning out well.
    €2 shop does canvas for €1.50/€2 I find it handy for doing stuff for fun.
    Or you could get canvas paper as a sketch book.
    There was probably more helpful comments further on but I'm too lazy to check.
    I'm getting longings to do something now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I heard of people following Bob Ross videos even on Mario paint and it turning out well.

and here was me thinking people only used Mario Paint for the composer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Couple of pickups from the last few weeks.

2sao3yt.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Firemen, must stick that on 'the list' :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Myrddin wrote: »
    Firemen, must stick that on 'the list' :)

I love it but it's horrible to find. The best bet is regional European ebays. It got more of a wider release in Germany it seems than anywhere else and france got it as well. It's next to impossible to get for a good price from the UK and Ireland.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I love it but it's horrible to find. The best bet is regional European ebays. It got more of a wider release in Germany it seems than anywhere else and france got it as well. It's next to impossible to get for a good price from the UK and Ireland.

Is the language a deal breaker in it? It's not a game I've researched much

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Is the language a deal breaker in it? It's not a game I've researched much

You can play it perfectly fine... I think but I kind of like the banter between the two leads and the radio operator. There's quite a bit of dialogue and while it's not essential it adds to it, and it's also nice to be able to read the text since it's slow and unskippable. The prices it goes for are insane though. I managed to get 2 copies (one for me, one for a US friend) for about 80-100 each but they were in auctions and it took a couple of months to win them.

• Advertisement

You can play it perfectly fine... I think but I kind of like the banter between the two leads and the radio operator. There's quite a bit of dialogue and while it's not essential it adds to it, and it's also nice to be able to read the text since it's slow and unskippable. The prices it goes for are insane though. I managed to get 2 copies (one for me, one for a US friend) for about 80-100 each but they were in auctions and it took a couple of months to win them.

Interesting. Are the regional PAL releases in English yeah?

Interesting. Are the regional PAL releases in English yeah?

French, German and English on the one cart so no surprise german version like with Terranigma.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Anyone get their Artcade book yet?
    Mine arrived today
    k3n0pk.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Anyone get their Artcade book yet?
    Mine arrived today
    k3n0pk.jpg

Yeh got mine too and I have to say it's pretty great. Worth the three year wait haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Yeh got mine too and I have to say it's pretty great. Worth the three year wait haha.
    First page I opened was Defender though and the copyright, etc in the bottom right is missing with a partial letter left behind
    Also it's reproduced to incorrect scale and the colours are pretty poor, compare the sun/moon in the top right with an image from google.
    Don't get me wrong, it's a cool book, the general quality is great and I'll have hours of reading/finding new games, it was just the first thing I noticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

and here was me thinking people only used Mario Paint for the composer

This is what I was talking about, they turned out pretty good

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

No retro again,
    But returned Project Cars for the XB1, not fun too much work.
    Got Epic Mickey and its sequel plus Far Cry 3, probably the one one anyone needs to buy!
    Awaiting the arrival of Star Fox Zero right now, should be shipped tomorrow, should have it Friday.
    Going to have to get the Fox McCloud Amiibo, so to unlock the original Starfox/wing ship and enemy models.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    No retro again,
    But returned Project Cars for the XB1, not fun too much work.
    Got Epic Mickey and its sequel plus Far Cry 3, probably the one one anyone needs to buy!
    Awaiting the arrival of Star Fox Zero right now, should be shipped tomorrow, should have it Friday.
    Going to have to get the Fox McCloud Amiibo, so to unlock the original Starfox/wing ship and enemy models.

I picked up the Wild Expedition when it was going cheap. Loved Far Cry 3, and poured days into it, but haven't gotten around to the rest of the set yet. Couldn't get into Far Cry 4 when I bought it. The missions felt a bit repetitive.

I was watching a ZeroPunctuation review of something recently and he pointed out that the series peaked with the 3rd one, and the PS3 title was only a tenner.
    Not happy with CEX though, when I looked online they had a 14 day returns policy but when in store this morning it was 48hrs, and they wouldn't budge on it.
    Turns out the 14 day returns is for online purchases only.
    So I lost €7 on the deal.
    Feck it, I wanted the three games I got in the end, and Project Cars is just too dry a racing sim for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,541 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I'm not normally one for repros but I've wanted a physical copy of this for a while..just due to how strange the game is.

Sonic%20exe_zpsuknfnk6h.jpg

It's odd, I'd assumed whoever made them used existing Megadrive cases/shells but it's all been manufactured new.

• Advertisement

Weird. Trying to look it up here, what's it actually called??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Is it sonic.exe?

Master of the Universe

Is it sonic.exe?

That's the one!

Slight allusion to retroness, with a purchase a Fox Amiibo to unlock the classic Starfox/wing ship and enemy models in Starfox Zero

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,147 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I was watching a ZeroPunctuation review of something recently and he pointed out that the series peaked with the 3rd one, and the PS3 title was only a tenner.

In future times, gaming historians will be looking back and hopefully re-evaluating Far Cry 2 as the creative pinnacle of the series. A deeply flawed but super impressive and ambitious game - still refreshing to play a AAA game that is so actively hostile and unforgiving towards the player. The gameplay has gotten more polished and 'cleaner' in subsequent games, but they've also turned into mindless Ubisoft collectathons and have not a hint of the audacity of FC2.

Farcry 2 would have been great other than those damn annoying check points. Still felt it kind of out stayed its welcome but there was something about the visuals, you could feel the heat and humidity of the place weighing down on you.

o1s1n wrote: »
    I'm not normally one for repros but I've wanted a physical copy of this for a while..just due to how strange the game is.

Sonic%20exe_zpsuknfnk6h.jpg

It's odd, I'd assumed whoever made them used existing Megadrive cases/shells but it's all been manufactured new.

I was thinking of ordering that only recently for a laugh but went the megadrive fix it felix instead, probably take a couple of months to arrive on the slow boat from china!!

Farcry 2 would have been great other than those damn annoying check points. Still felt it kind of out stayed its welcome but there was something about the visuals, you could feel the heat and humidity of the place weighing down on you.

I've said that about the checkpoints a few times.
    But the use of colour palette and the visual processing giving you the sense of dryness, heat, the decaying nature of the vehicles and weapons, the oppressed population and those that would dominate them, mixing in the rogue PMC operators and other mercenaries, a fantastic game.... aside from those fecking checkpoints!
    Someone needs to patch them out of the console game for me! Maybe we could foot the bill for the necessary adjustments! The game would be a stone cold classic with that repaired.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,853 ✭✭✭Steve X2

At last!! :)

TxH4gCB.jpg

haJBvDJ.jpg
    sxeaIJA.jpg
    eMn1xfF.jpg
    TTQGj9U.jpg
    nG2ytFj.jpg

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

The print quality on that looks amazing.

I thought the spine was going to fold out flatter though? (could have sworn he made a post ages ago saying that the artwork wouldnt disappear down the middle, which it looks to be)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement