Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Flaregon wrote: »
    Lucky, been wanting eternal darkness for a while, all complete ?

Been keeping my eye out for it myself.

A very early birthday present for me here, it came up on Adverts for a pretty decent price so I put in the official request :o This completes my Gamecube Zelda collection, & plugs a large whole in the quest to pick up all the Zelda games CIB. Ok it's not the big box one, but I just can't justify paying an additional €100 to buy a box for this box. It qualifies as CiB enough for me :) It's in fantastic condition, complete with unused/unscratched VIP points too

I'm pretty close now to completing the CiB Zelda collection. I need to get boxes & manuals for the two NES games (or buy them CIB, as I have loose copies), and after that, I just need the two Links Awakening games. Then I just need the new Hyrule Warriors 3DS thingy (which I've no real interest in :() & that's it...everything CIB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭BGOllie

NNNNEEEEERRRRDDDD....
    ... oh no wait...

man I was so close to finding this in a shop once. Lady in front of me snatched it as I saw it , ebay app on her phone ready for scanning.

A bigger Zelda nerd you won't meet :o

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Myrddin wrote: »

I have three versions of him tattooed on my leg... :o

(Link that is, not Myrddin...)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Myrddin wrote: »

I beg to differ
    Link-Zelda.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,934 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

A real Zelda fan would have the CDi games CIB :P

Retr0gamer wrote: »

sealed

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Take off and nuke them from orbit...
    It's the only way to be sure

I definitely won't be buying those non canon travesties :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭airmax87

Designed this myself, if anyone wants the redbubble link let me know, 14 quid though
    13181279_965309166898994_1529578978_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTI0ODc4NDQxMDU1NTQzNDU4OA%3D%3D.2.l

Game that's been on the wanted list for years & comes up cheap on the Marketplace?

alright.jpg

IMG_20160516_105918.jpg

IMG_20160516_105936.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Love that game... finished it many times, you have to play through it 4 times in order to get the final ending... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭bingobars

Bought a bunch of stuff this evening for cheap, nothing is tried and tested but I suspect some of the systems have faults.

I have higher hopes for the games and the controllers

http://imgur.com/pBqE841
    http://imgur.com/BxSJ881
    http://imgur.com/v5kkIzL
    http://imgur.com/JRAButh
    http://imgur.com/VDHoXvj

Can anyone point me in the right direction for Tools and Parts, somewhere that delivers to Ireland fast and cheaply..

I'm more excited with the prospect of having broken units personally.

I have kind of accidentally fallen into the collecting it seems :)

Older Inventory now includes
    4 x SNES (2 faulty) c/w 20games
    2 x MegaDrive (1 faulty) c/w 20 games
    2 x NES (1 faulty) c/w 20 games
    1 x N64 c/w 10 games
    2 x GameBoy 1989s (faulty)
    1 x GameGear

Newer Stuff
    1 x GameCube
    1 x Wii
    1 x PS1
    1 x PS2
    1 x Sega Saturn
    1 x DS
    1 x GBadvanceSP
    1 x GB Colour

got these tapes of MSX game musics today. love unusual stuff like this .
    13221044_10154203305768276_4232122830233215446_n.jpg?oh=85db1ee79809d8bd6a2dae210f2e3516&oe=579BE631

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Managed to grab this pinball off adverts, it was a bit of a risk i guess, but the price was real low. it needs a lot of work, it was advertised as not working at all, but the seller wasnt familiar with cabs or pins and just didnt know where the power switch was. it powers on and lights up but thats about it right now. Its in my brothers shed so havent had time to even change fuses, but here is a couple of quick pics i took. It was in an arcade for sure, someone has scratched "Eddie" in the glass! Thanks Eddie.

Was delighted when it powered on!

badcats.jpg

The batterys where starting to leak but i think i got lucky, it doesnt seem to have spilled down onto the board.

battery.jpg

Im no expert but im guessing the way they hacked these blown fuses it might be the source of some of the issues.. might have blown something important? Hopefully not too expensive though!

fuses.jpg

Bypassed fuses? Idiots. If you can trace what those fuses were for, it might give some clues for faultfinding.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Yeh it will be a couple of weeks before i can get another look at it as its in my brothers shed. I just hope nothing expensive is blown but it probably is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Wasnt me that scratched it honest :)

Them pics dont work for me :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

I've been keeping an eye out for one of these for ages. I had one with my original Playstation and I can't remember what I did with it. It was a fantastic piece of kit and made racing sims so much more enjoyable.

A work colleague was cleaning out his junk wardrobe and was just about to throw it in a skip before I said I'd take it off him.

Now to resurrect a PSOne and a catalogue of games to put it to use.

szv5ut.jpg

More information here for anyone interested.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NeGcon

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

That looks in minty condition Senecio, very nice. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

It is absolutely mint. Looks like it's barely been used. My original was so worn you could no longer see the II on the analogue accelerator button.

I'm a big fan of those, and I conquered Wipeout on the PS with one, as well as the early Need for Speed and Ridge Racer games on the PS, a great controller.
    The JoGcon on the other hand, is a finger crippling piece of @rse and I hate it.
    So bad is it that it forever coloured my appreciation of RRtype4, the game it was launched with.

So the Arduboy finally arrived this morning. Just messed about with it for a few minutes this evening and did an equivalent 'Hello World' type program. The image is a monochromatic version of the Raiden ship in my avatar. :)

91qIBZ3h.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Andrew76 wrote: »
    So the Arduboy finally arrived this morning. Just messed about with it for a few minutes this evening and did an equivalent 'Hello World' type program. The image is a monochromatic version of the Raiden ship in my avatar. :)

91qIBZ3h.jpg

Interesting, your Arduboy looks different than mine. It doesn't have the "C12" text on the front and is missing the speaker hole(the c12 was an error the guy forget to fix before sending into production).
    New revision already?

9w2PuvG.jpg

Not sure. I couldn't tell you where the sound comes from on mine the device is so small. Is the back of yours different too or the same? So far I'm quite impressed with the build quality - the d-pad and buttons feel pretty good, hopefully that lasts. :)

PINt6B5h.jpg

Not sure. I couldn't tell you where the sound comes from on mine the device is so small. Is the back of yours different too or the same? So far I'm quite impressed with the build quality - the d-pad and buttons feel pretty good, hopefully that lasts. :)

PINt6B5h.jpg

Yeah back is the same.
    They are actually well built, but then again its a very simple design. Have you taken it apart yet? There's nothing in there except pixel graffiti :)

NZLaqd8.jpg

That looks class. :)

No I haven't taken it apart, other than creating the above I've just loaded on some different games to test out.

Flappy Ball
    Glove (decent Gauntlet clone)
    Shadow Runner

Some of the games have pretty impressive visuals considering the limitations of the device.

That looks class. :)

No I haven't taken it apart, other than creating the above I've just loaded on some different games to test out.

Flappy Ball
    Glove (decent Gauntlet clone)
    Shadow Runner

Some of the games have pretty impressive visuals considering the limitations of the device.

I'm having a bash at Squario at the moment.
    http://community.arduboy.com/t/squario-the-ultimate-adventure/1257

I wonder will he do Super Squario Bros :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Damn, sorry I didn't get one now. Are the available to regular pleps yet ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement