Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,895 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Yeah and the destruction was really good for the time aswell, later games like RF: Guerrilla had amazing destruction, damn good game actually, still pretty much the only game Ive ever played where you could knock a building "properly".

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,946 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Wasn't one of it's selling points destructible environments or something like that? Was a bit of fun but fairly average overall. My first Half Life experience was the PS2 version, bloody brilliant that was.

Yeah there's been nothing else like the destruction in that game. It's still rather impressive. The big problem was that testing it would be a nightmare so the only place that has crazy amounts of destruction is the first area of the game. You can blow up a bridge to drop a tank and that was touted as one of the selling points but it's only for show. After that the destruction is extremely limited and most areas are filled with indestructible terrain.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Looks like I'm picking up a single player Tankstick this weekend for not much money.
    It's an older one, pre USB, and I'm in two minds what to do with it.
    Either I use it to house the Raspberry PI Zero and it work as a classic games thingy or I butcher an old crappy Saturn controller and reconfigure the Tankstick into a Saturn arcade stick.
    What you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Which way do you think you'd get most use out of it?

I'd be inclined to say put the pi in it personally.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm trying to find something for the PI but the Saturn stick might be cool, seeing as I don't have an arcade stick for the Saturn yet.
    The issue with the PI in the stick is I'll wind up with a HDMI and power cable out the back, plus I already have an arcade cab.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭Doge

What type of connection does it have?

Is it an X-arcade Tankstick or are you using the term loosely?

Maybe ask Kerbdog nicely to make up a converter cable for the Saturn! ;)

It's an XArcade device, but older.
    It has a PS2 connection only, but that's okay as it would be easy enough to take the leads from each button and plumb them directly into whatever I want.
    Or I could buy the upgrade kit from Xarcade themselves.

Edit: turns out the Xarcade people didn't use the typical ps2 pinout and so a cheap ps2 go USB adapter, about €3, won't work without altering the ps2 wiring.
    Just as easy to rewire the think, either direct to the gpio on the RP0 or to the innards of an old Saturn pad, depending on which is the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I got AC Amiibo Festival. It was a fantastic price on Amazon for the game, Amiibo cards and 2 Amiibo

So, now I own a Tankstick....
    Single player and the guy threw in the serial to USB adaptor as well, confirming it works, so it should be even simpler to get this working with the RP0.
    Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Got this in the Funstock Easter sale. Refurbished NTSC version but is brand new. Read a little about some PAL games working a bit funny on them but thrown at least 15 at it today and all work perfectly. Can't go wrong for 30 quid, thanks to moxie for spotting that bargain.

2dvllc3.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Tchoin

Got this beauty thanks to Myrddin :D

15ezjvm.jpg

m9py13.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Sad to see it go, it's a cracking example of the GBM :(

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

Tchoin wrote: »
    Got this beauty thanks to Myrddin :D

15ezjvm.jpg

m9py13.jpg

That is a seriously beautiful piece >.> I want one now

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

They do get a bit hand-crampy during extended sessions, but they are undeniably lovely!
    Mine is the same colour too, got it from Ciderman a couple of years ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

I've got a pink one :(

I've got a black Gameboy Micro, plus a fairly hard to find official set of new cover plates and the little tool to swap them.
    I also have a perfect nick box and inserts for a silver one, might try and pick one up, unboxed, cheapy cheap and sell it all as a minter complete one... pay off the mortgage, maybe buy that gold Nes!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,602 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I miss the Famicom one I sold :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Courtesy of one S. Bailey

8C71E3CC-FFAC-4313-B192-EDEEEFA5FD32_zpsvdef4bqs.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭Steve X2

What's the best way to buy from Steve Bailey? Facebook?
    Anyone gotta Facebook linkey? :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Steve X2 wrote: »
    What's the best way to buy from Steve Bailey? Facebook?
    Anyone gotta Facebook linkey? :)

Yeah he puts stuff up daily on Facebook before it goes to eBay.

https://m.facebook.com/Steve666b?fref=search

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Yeah he puts stuff up daily on Facebook before it goes to eBay.

https://m.facebook.com/Steve666b?fref=search

Cheers, I've a feeling this is gonna to cost me a lot of money :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

P1000556_zpsumc5npwh.jpg?t=1459798424

Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan, the game Elite Beat Agents is based on, and it's sequel.

Elite beat agents is such a gem on the ds.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,946 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Elite beat agents is such a gem on the ds.

The first Ouendan is even better. I prefer EBA to the second Ouendan though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭BGOllie

got these two just now.
    I had 3 game and watch as a kid. The 3rd was was Popeye.
    I owned octopus for about 12 hours in 1982. It was given as a bday present in St Malo and played it to hell as we sailed overnight to Guernesey. I was so excited to show my friend when we arrived that I dropped the game and watched if sink to the bottom of Guernesey port in slow motion :(

12439173_10154106624223276_573165835124509145_n.jpg?oh=ff665109e988c8bd4cda6464ec960c8a&oe=578C30D2

I loved St Malo, and Mont Saint-Michel, nearly a year ago already!
    Gorgeous country you come from Ollie!

Damn, preorder just gone in for Dark Souls 3...
    On a brighter note it was €44 from Game Collection, thanks Brexit and weakening Sterling!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,602 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Damn, preorder just gone in for Dark Souls 3...
    On a brighter note it was €44 from Game Collection, thanks Brexit and weakening Sterling!

Finish the first two bloody games first! :pac:

o1s1n wrote: »
    Finish the first two bloody games first! :pac:

Three games, I didn't finish Demon's Souls either!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Three games, I didn't finish Demon's Souls either!

I happily got by 1-1 to 1-2 and that was it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement