Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

A quick nip into a charity shop in Swords netted me Tiger Woods 05 and Eyetoy Play 3 for the PS2, Splinter Cell for the GC and a copy of Blue Monday on 12" vinyl, from 1983, all for €2!
    Now to buy a turntable!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Are Tiger Woods and Eye Toy collection fillers or spare cases or am I being judgmental?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Are Tiger Woods and Eye Toy collection fillers or spare cases or am I being judgmental?

The least tatty crap they had on the shelf.
    I may have quivered with excitement at finding Blue Monday, that tune pretty much defined my younger years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

some of the older Tiger games are really good, especially the ones with fantasy courses.
    once they hit the 360 they started trying too hard to make them too realistic, and quickly lost their appeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭Doge

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    The least tatty crap they had on the shelf.
    I may have quivered with excitement at finding Blue Monday, that tune pretty much defined my younger years.

I only have the rerelease of it vinyl.

Is your one the original release thats die cut with the inner silver sleeve?

I remember the guy in the record shop telling me about that and how they lost money on each record sold due to the cost involved.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Monday_(New_Order_song)#Packaging

• Advertisement

some of the older Tiger games are really good, especially the ones with fantasy courses.
    once they hit the 360 they started trying too hard to make them too realistic, and quickly lost their appeal.

Pretty interesting to know. Kinda like the old wrestling video games, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭airmax87

got rid of my ps2 collection, got 100 from the rage which isn't too bad tbh.
    could've gotten 150 store credit but then I would've just ended up with PAL stuff.
    I bought some manga.

airmax87 wrote: »
    got rid of my ps2 collection, got 100 from the rage which isn't too bad tbh.

What kinda/how many games we talking about?

Doge wrote: »
    I only have the rerelease of it vinyl.

Is your one the original release thats die cut with the inner silver sleeve?

I remember the guy in the record shop telling me about that and how they lost money on each record sold due to the cost involved.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Monday_(New_Order_song)#Packaging

Sadly this doesn't have the floppy disk style outer sleeve, but that's ok, the inner sleeve is in decent nick as is the record.
    I'll watch Adverts for a cheapy turntable, so as to listen to it in it's glory.
    Probably pick up the vinyl release of New Order Substance as well.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Sadly this doesn't have the floppy disk style outer sleeve, but that's ok, the inner sleeve is in decent nick as is the record.
    I'll watch Adverts for a cheapy turntable, so as to listen to it in it's glory.
    Probably pick up the vinyl release of New Order Substance as well.

Probably one that uses crap needles that damage your records? :P

Its a shame this one is in tullamore because I would jump on it if I were you:

http://www.adverts.ie/turntables/american-audio-turntable/9202686

Direct Drive, and can be used with proper cartridges and needles for and the sellers been bargained down to €45.

I have this piece of crap that I don't even use:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Protelx-GPO-Portable-USB-Turntable/dp/B00B0VFKG2/ref=sr_1_37?ie=UTF8&qid=1460229244&sr=8-37&keywords=gpo+turntable

I bought it for the craic because it can be powered by a USB battery, had a mad idea id take it camping as a novelty and play vinyl! :pac:

Modern electronic music is a no go on it because the needle jumps on tracks with strong kick drums, I put a 50p piece above the "headshell" to counteract it but I can only imagine what it would do to the records with more weight on an already ****ty needle!

• Advertisement

What kinda/how many games we talking about?

Somewhat shovelware with a few SNK titles ;)

airmax87 wrote: »
    Somewhat shovelware with a few SNK titles ;)

If KoF: Orochi Saga or the Metal Slug Anthology are in there, I don't think I'll ever be able to forgive you.

If KoF: Orochi Saga or the Metal Slug Anthology are in there, I don't think I'll ever be able to forgive you.

I got metal slug anthology for 2 euro in a charity shop over the summer and sold it for 40

Just found this upon my work desk this morning....
    Puyopuyo Box for the PS courtesy of Steve Bailey, gods bless him!
    C0A5pJil.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Got a chrome coin entry slot for $6 delivered with screws from Hong Kong. The old one in the Astro had burn marks, damn cigarettes. 0D2C47E3-D9AB-4A29-BEAD-B61C7E9A4F8C_zpsidvrhdhz.jpg

Mozie i see you have some for sale on AO, dammit. Wouldnt beat that price though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭MrVestek

12993369_10209620915462495_569298925841428206_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=0c74d83de9c7dbb9e8735921d97a74d7&oe=57B90102&__gda__=1467396723_93a5c376d7bc964935931ba971e85547

I doubt I'll fill this up but they were going for free apart from paying postage so feck it... It was only 3 and will look good on a shelf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Some goodies from Japan

With all the SFC stuff I'm picking up, I tend to be whistling this these days...

• Registered Users Posts: 34,602 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Nice! Have been wanting to pick up Demons Crest for ages, didnt occur to me to get the Super Famicom version instead.

o1s1n wrote: »
    Nice! Have been wanting to pick up Demons Crest for ages, didnt occur to me to get the Super Famicom version instead.

It's my first port of call now. I do some quick research on a game, check it in an emulator, and if the language isn't a problem, I'll buy it from Japan. Some games, Super Metroid for example, even have an english language option (and no bloody German subs either). Buying from the US was good up until the Euro died a death, now with the poor exchange & the outrageous delivery pricing from the US, SFC stuff from Japan seems to be the last bastion of value for importing on the Snes.

Today I received..... 6 scrivets, 18 cushion plugs and 25 White M8 Bolt covers!! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Today I received..... 6 scrivets, 18 cushion plugs and 25 White M8 Bolt covers!! ;)

Finally building that pleasure swing in the bedroom are we?

MrVestek wrote: »
    Finally building that pleasure swing in the bedroom are we?

Yep just waiting on the artwork

Picked these up recently too, been on the wanted list for years. Both CIB, just need to find a donor case that has the tab on it for Flashback

IMG_20160413_170058.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Myrddin wrote: »
    With all the SFC stuff I'm picking up, I tend to be whistling this these days...

it's good, but it's no Tomato Convenience Store

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,946 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I need to pick up a Japanese Hagane. The price has gone way up recently. Used to be 20 euro unboxed a year ago.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I need to pick up a Japanese Hagane. The price has gone way up recently. Used to be 20 euro unboxed a year ago.

It's climbing a lot lately, I decided to pick it up because I don't think it'll be long before it goes to €100 & over for a loose copy. I'll say one thing, it's balls hard.

I never knew Another World was released on the Mega Drive, always thought it was just on PC.

Doge wrote: »
    I never knew Another World was released on the Mega Drive, always thought it was just on PC.

Really?? It was ported to a good few other systems...

• Registered Users Posts: 34,602 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I had it a little after release. Traded a PAL Ghostbusters for it.

On reflection, not the best idea collector wise (!) but I did then as a result grow up loving Another World.

Still **** at it though :pac: when I got it, someone else had hand written all the level codes in the back thankfully!

• Advertisement

I've a particular affinity to it myself, it was the closest to an 'Amiga' experience I could ever get growing up. I went for the MD version of it over the Snes version, as apparently the MD version is closer to the Amiga one.

Anyone know if Heart of the Alien is any use? Wouldn't mind picking it up if so (US Sega CD exclusive I think)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement