Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,602 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Well the Amiga and Megadrive are both 68000 based systems so the Megadrive ports usually benefit from this greatly over the snes ones. I kinda see the Amiga like a beefed up Megadrive :)

Hardcoregaming101 have a great article about Heart of The Alien

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/anotherworld/anotherworld2.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

^^ Jeez, sounds terrible. That's disappointing actually, given the affinity I have for Another World :(

Master of the Universe

Especially Lester's goofy death. Could have done without knowing that! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭BGOllie

loved another world on the Amiga. always wanted to compare the MD version. how is it ?
    it's been my favourite thing to paint at the moment :)
    13015357_10154126282288276_8842493355136043840_n.jpg?oh=41e32e633c0543251a32101d21c773c2&oe=57AE22D3

• Registered Users Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭MrVestek

BGOllie wrote: »
    loved another world on the Amiga. always wanted to compare the MD version. how is it ?
    13015357_10154126282288276_8842493355136043840_n.jpg?oh=41e32e633c0543251a32101d21c773c2&oe=57AE22D3

BGOllie you ever do any Sonic or Star Trek themed paintings?

If not... do you do commissions? If so... how much?

• Advertisement

I haven't so far. I don't take commissions no :) too much hassle

Fair enough.

Well you have a buyer here if you ever feel inspired to paint something in that genré! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

AMAZING ANOTHER WORLD PAINTINGS!!!

Those are spectacular!!!
    For some reason the one of the car outside the lab is my favourite. I just loved that intro, it blew my tiny mind back in the day! (I had it on PC though, an old 386)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

They look amazing, id love to get into painting like that, how do you go about starting off or did you just always know how to do it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm the opposite, I haven't painted anything for the fun of it in a couple of years, everything is either a commission or for a specific occasion, I probably need to fix that!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Fuk Another World,
    Flashback FTW!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'm the opposite, I haven't painted anything for the fun of it in a couple of years, everything is either a commission or for a specific occasion, I probably need to fix that!

I'm sure you'd be good at it and would enjoy it. you've seen my posts on FB , I paint them, put them up and they all seem to go within the day really :)
    I used to paint for galleries, and take commissions and all that stuff and it put me off painting for years.
    But the way I'm working now is really satisfying and I'm really enjoying painting again.

They look amazing, id love to get into painting like that, how do you go about starting off or did you just always know how to do it?

I just watched a lot of painting videos (yes the bob ross ones and others ) and started painting. you'll get to find what brushes and paints you like and what techniques you prefer. But to be honest I'm still using and adapted version the bob ross style of painting :)

maybe this should be in a different thread though, we're getting way off topic :)

I went to an art class and the teacher wanted me to do watercolours...
    That lasted a month or two and I used the class to teach myself acrylics instead!
    That was about 11 years ago, never looked back.
    Did the People's Art exhibition in Dublin for about 6 years, nothing as awesome as our BGOllie but I sold a bit there.
    Now work is in the way, but I've another 11 years and I'll be retired, can paint my brains out then!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

I have difficulty drawing a straight line with a ruler :( Hate ye talented #$£$%£##

I have difficulty drawing a straight line with a ruler :( Hate ye talented #$£$%£##

Yeah, no talent Bandit.... who single handedly solved the worlds console/Jamma problems.
    Next, Global warming and transitioning the world economy to a post-scarcity mode, Go Team Bandit!

I never found lack of skills to be detrimental to a successful career in arts :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

You can paint so fast !!

eddhorse wrote: »
    You can paint so fast !!

That's just practise.

What kind of paints does Bob Ross paint with then? I've always wanted to chance my arm at painting.

Last time I did it was in school and I was ****e at it.

I detest that gobsh1te on TG4, he recorded in a studio around the corner from me and everytime his show get rerun on TV it gives me heartburn and high blood pressure, a terrible teacher to his viewers and has a nasty habit of producing a unique element to the picture when close to completion from underneath a hitherto unknown area that was masked, useless lump!

Bob Ross isn't painting with much these days, seeing as how he's pushing up the daisies and all.
    And there's a massive racketmarket in Bob Ross branded paints, brushes and other accessories out there, still making lots of money.

I am always suspicious of any art teacher that is also peddling a certain brand of paint, I know they want consistency amongst their students materials but some of that stuff can cost a fortune.
    Better to help people get the most from a handful of good quality colours, with mixing and technique.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Those TV presenter painters are god awful. Everything they do is just effects. ''Here's the brush you use for the tree effect, here's the brush for the rock effect' - it's like real life photoshop effects with absolutely no substance underneath it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭Steve X2

GMT1Iua.jpg

I start painting and end up using about three brushes for everything, of course I sit to do a little bit at midday, blink, and night has fallen....

o1s1n wrote: »
    Those TV presenter painters are god awful. Everything they do is just effects. ''Here's the brush you use for the tree effect, here's the brush for the rock effect' - it's like real life photoshop effects with absolutely no substance underneath it all.

I liked them :) I learned a lot of techniques and tricks from it. Stuff I still use now, although in a different context.
    Like Ciderman said don't buy their overpriced brushes or paints but at least learn the techniques.
    This piece is essentially Bob Ross' wet paint technique.
    Back to foreground, light to dark and color blending. I don't think it's done me any harm to learn the techniques :)
    1934255_505813936272640_8713480097095464479_n.jpg?oh=8d90a237e0d2545613cbca7cdbb23b8e&oe=57C01C0A

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭airmax87

Haven't bought anything retro related in close to a few weeks, scary craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

airmax87 wrote: »
    Haven't bought anything retro related in close to a few weeks, scary craic.

Absolutely nothing wrong with that, it's only giving you more of a chance to play what you have at the moment.

Picked up 30 pcbs today!
    Can't wait to go through them tomorrow..........
    Hopefully some of them work!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Picked up 30 pcbs today!
    Can't wait to go through them tomorrow..........
    Hopefully some of them work!

Ohhhhh im interested

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭airmax87

Absolutely nothing wrong with that, it's only giving you more of a chance to play what you have at the moment.

I thought we were all supposed to buy games and talk about them, not play them.

Must've been doing it wrong the whole time..

• Advertisement

airmax87 wrote: »
    I thought we were all supposed to buy games and talk about them, not play them.

Must've been doing it wrong the whole time..

No, I'm still sticking to the plan
    Buy games
    Place in stack, shelf or pile on floor
    Talk about games and consoles with you lot
    Never find the time to play the games
    Then sell them due to lack of use
    Realise mistake
    Buy it again
    Goto first step and repeat until death....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement