Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭dzer2

You have quoted the wrong man there Green.

If you ref like that well no wonder you have a lot of questions

• Registered Users Posts: 10,280 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

dzer2 wrote: »
    It's the refs job to handle the game. He is just poor.
    It's not as hard as it is made out.
    Oh forgot to mention

Play for a draw if there is money to be made

If you ref like that well no wonder you have a lot of questions

I had no questions.
    Although you do seem to have ALL the answers ….. And probably a wee problem with refs also ?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Comerman

dubcat51 wrote: »
    Where on youtube is the martins v john lockes incident

It's taken down, was around on WhatsApp

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Rebelside

2 Callan lads got 2 years suspension, is that true?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Village87

Rebelside wrote: »
    2 Callan lads got 2 years suspension, is that true?

No i wouldn't think so, not officially anyway.I heard lately the management imposed a ban on them for the remainder of the year. Hopefully it works out for the 2 lads as they are talented hurlers. I heard they have been unhappy with the John Lockes as a club the last couple of years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭kilkennyboy

Apples don't fall far from the trees. Good riddance

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dubcat51

Comerman wrote: »
    It's taken down, was around on WhatsApp
    Thanks comerman.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Rebelside

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭davidx40

Surely thats a years suspension minium

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Truth be told1974

davidx40 wrote: »
    Surely thats a years suspension minium

You would wonder if the Callan No.11 looking at that video would actually say to himself 'what the fu*k was I at'....?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭1984baby

You would wonder if the Callan No.11 looking at that video would actually say to himself 'what the fu*k was I at'....?

He’d be a good lumberjack!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

1984baby wrote: »
    He’d be a good lumberjack!!

Not if he swings at that height he wouldn't be!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭larrya

Village87 wrote: »
    No i wouldn't think so, not officially anyway.I heard lately the management imposed a ban on them for the remainder of the year. Hopefully it works out for the 2 lads as they are talented hurlers. I heard they have been unhappy with the John Lockes as a club the last couple of years

Why do you hope it works out for them.There has been a couple of incidents from this lot and really should not be allowed hurl if this is the carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 mwcat

Senior
    Shamrocks
    Bridge
    Village
    Vegas

Inter
    Tullogher
    Fenians
    Glenmore
    Shocks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

mwcat wrote: »
    Senior
    Shamrocks
    Bridge
    Village
    Vegas

Inter
    Tullogher
    Fenians
    Glenmore
    Shocks

Is that championship?

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭babyjesus14

Anyone know or have a link to the dates for the rest of the Senior Championship?

I know the first round is this weekend and i am assuming that the final will be the Sunday(Oct 27th) of the October bank holiday weekend as usual. If that's the case there's not enough time to leave a two week gap between each round so between which rounds is the single week gap?

Intermiediate League final .
    Thomastown Vs Tullaroan this Saturday in Nowlan Pk. - Throw in at 2.30

The 'Town by 4 id say. Forwards will be too good for Tullaroan.

Anyone know or have a link to the dates for the rest of the Senior Championship?

I know the first round is this weekend and i am assuming that the final will be the Sunday(Oct 27th) of the October bank holiday weekend as usual. If that's the case there's not enough time to leave a two week gap between each round so between which rounds is the single week gap?

Only this weekends fixtures listed on the Kilkennygaa website …. :confused:
    Fixtures not made yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭brookville

Big weekend of club action ahead.In the senior the bridge and comer should be a good match.The bridge on paper look stronger with the few county lads and good younger lads like harkin and ciarian brennan but david blanchfield picked up a serious arm injury last weekend and will be a big loss.Comer as always should keep it tight but apart from michael murphy up front they lack score getters.
    The village and danesfort-danesfort will be happy not to be in the dogfight of relegation and richie seems to be in good form which is great.The village have larks back at 6 granted he does a lot of roaming anyway but with scanlon back from injury and brassil and browne hirling well they should get over the line.
    Ballyhale should beat ballyragget who seem to be on the slide and haven't added a few players since their junior and intermediate winning teams.Kevin kelly not as influential as he was either.Ballyhale will be anxious to get their season up and running and hard to see anything other than a comfortable win.
    Ballycallan and mullinavat-ballycallan had a good win the last day while the vat lost narrowly to clara minus john walsh.Ballycallan have mostly a young side and should hopefully do well over the next few years.Billy and sean ryan both very dangerous but with vats physicality and ecperience id give them the slight vote.
    The league and shield finals its hard to read much into them but i fancy clara and the boro.
    Tullogher and johnstown-tullogher lost a few matches by small margins while johnstown had a big defeat last time.Johnstown never simple especially in these kinda matches but tullogher should win this.
    Callan and dunnamaggin-callan down alot since last year think i heard 7 or 8.jason Corcoran gone teaching abroad and bill McDowell training to be a doctor along with the well publicized incident.them two lads also gone.Dunnamaggin should win this.
    Gowran and the shocks should be tight.Gowran are dogged and paul holden usually pulls the strings.The shocks missing temnyson and john power a doubt.Id go for gowran in this one.
    Lisdowney and glenmore- glenmore should have enough here with aylward and the murphys hurling well at the moment.

• Advertisement

Tullogher play Dunamaggin and Callan play Fenians.

mwcat wrote: »
    Tullogher play Dunamaggin and Callan play Fenians.

Apologies you are correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

Is Declan Browne still involved with GB?

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭babyjesus14

Yep, he's still the main man.

Pity we couldnt get him back involved with Tipp football. Id have loved a management team with him and Brendan Cummins (cousins)

Few surprises today comer shooting the lights out against the bridge who had Jason cleere sent off.Very disappointing performance from the bridge given the 4 county lads and a few good young lads but couldn't rule comer out we seen last year how close they were.
    Dunnamaggin had a great win over tullogher.johnstown finished well to get over a goal scoring callan side.Thomastown got a late goal thanks to John Joe after 7 mins of injury time against Tullaron.Freshford seem to be looking good Liam hickey scoring well they had a good win over st Martin's.The village had an easy win over Danesfort.
    Also best of luck to dj and thanks for the last 2 years he has stepped down from his 20s role.I wonder is he joining up with our seniors or going to get involved with another county

• Registered Users Posts: 10,831 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Sorry to hear that last bit of news, heard he was massively popular with the players. Needless to say he'll always be a legend to the rest of us. Hope he's staying involved with kk hurling in some capacity, still see him as a potential front runner to replace Cody when he eventually moves on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭kala85

Who is left in contention for the kilkenny hurling championship and what stage is it at

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Saddleview

Did jason cleere get a straight red?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭dzer2

Saddleview wrote: »
    Did jason cleere get a straight red?

Yes

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement