Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

greenspurs wrote: »
    How do you know its not true ?? :confused::rolleyes:

I know for a 100% fact that Davy has had no blow up with Wexford. Whether you want to believe that or not, I know it to be lies to say otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭minty81

Davy had a blow up with wexford when they announced he was doing another 2 years.He is going to galway.
    He was actually asked back to Clare aswell but instead of turning it down he went down and done the interview and ripped into the county board for the crack.
    Cahill and mikey bevans about to be ratified in Waterford.

Odd that he would turn up at an interview just to rip into a county board where his own father is secretary!

minty81 wrote: »
    Odd that he would turn up at an interview just to rip into a county board where his own father is secretary!

Makes for a good story though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Grats

I imagine Davy was sounded out by some Galway player, like Joe Canning, and he's being clever waiting in the wings for word back. Clearly he's keeping Wexford waiting until he's sure about the Galway job.

He'd get some shock if Wexford told him to get lost or take a cut. And Galway decided not to bother with him.

Sometimes one can be too clever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭brookville

Grats wrote: »
    I imagine Davy was sounded out by some Galway player, like Joe Canning, and he's being clever waiting in the wings for word back. Clearly he's keeping Wexford waiting until he's sure about the Galway job.

He'd get some shock if Wexford told him to get lost or take a cut. And Galway decided not to bother with him.

Sometimes one can be too clever.
    I think he waited till the Dublin job was taking last year before committing to wexford.He probably waits to see what's on offer first...No one can fault what he has done to wexford he has them very organised and they got much closer to tipp than we did.The galway job would demand more success but there's no doubting the talent that's in the county...We have more to be worrying about than what Davey decides to do next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Grats

On the contrary I'm not one bit worried what Davy does next! I'm merely participating in discussion that posters are entitled to post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

Heard DJ had a chat with Cody, no idea of the outcome. Heard two of our backroom are definitely not coming back. So we'll have to get a backroom team sorted soon. Some intercounty teams starting back in the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭brookville

I heard henry was going to get involved although probably just rumours.id like to see dj and henry involved although maybe henry might cut his teeth with the u20s first.

He will in a couple of days

As noted, Davy didnt have a blow up with Wexford county board. Looking forward to him and Cody renewing rivalries next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭kilkennyboy

bruschi wrote: »
    As noted, Davy didnt have a blow up with Wexford county board. Looking forward to him and Cody renewing rivalries next season.

I can tell you he most definitely did he informed all his back room team 2 weeks
    After the tipp game he was staying. And would make the announcement at a later date. Then he conducted interviews for 2 inter county setups. Without informing any of them .and as of this afternoon they were lining up his replacement. Galway ain't got the money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭kk.man

I can tell you he most definitely did he informed all his back room team 2 weeks
    After the tipp game he was staying. And would make the announcement at a later date. Then he conducted interviews for 2 inter county setups. Without informing any of them .and as of this afternoon they were lining up his replacement. Galway ain't got the money.

How can you have moral authority in a dressing room when it's known you are a mercenary. Managers have to get paid and paid well but there is a limit to money grabbing.

Instead of owning up to spreading lies, or even just slipping away quietly, you are now doubling down and making up even more lies! Brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Absolute horse **** you have no idea what you're talking about

Sure he just loves wexford

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

My gut feeling all along was Davy would stay,if he was leaving he surely would have announced it sooner. Was talking to a Hurley maker from galway at the ploughing last week. He was saying that Davy wouldn't have been well received by a big proportion in galway and unless mr supermacs will bankroll it they couldn't afford him.

Rumours and speculation are called those things for a very good reason. There was word spreading on a Wednesday a few weeks ago that davy and Louis Mulqueen were travelling to galway to meet with galway county board, at the same time davy was in the America on his stag. On a unrelated matter he was away on his stag for 10 days!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭minty81

minty81 wrote: »
    All the goodwill in Wexford for Davy could be undone if the next few days if rumours are true in Galway. Wouldn't surprise me if he's just using it to get a better deal in Wexford though
    🀷*♂️

Can we get back to Kilkenny stuff now Davy has very little to do with us bar playing them a few times a year.

Lachtain v dunnamaggin lachtains by 7
    Tullaroan v fenian tullaroan by 6
    Young Irelands v Martin's Irelands by 3
    Thomastown v glenmore thomastown by 5
    Ballycallan to beat mulinavat just about

Lachtain v dunnamaggin lachtains by 7
    Tullaroan v fenian tullaroan by 6
    Young Irelands v Martin's Irelands by 3
    Thomastown v glenmore thomastown by 5
    Ballycallan to beat mulinavat just about

I'd probably agree with most of this maybe not the margins in some of the games the one I think might go the other way is the GBC v Mullinavegas game. I think GBC probably had their chance and fancy da Vat to just about get over the line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Village87

Didn't make any of the games today. Any updates from club games. Freshford v Dunnamaggin seemed a good game.

What has happened Mooncoin and Piltown. Usually strong underage last 10/12 years . Competing well in A anytime we played them. Going by results today in Junior Quater finals, Piltown losing by 19/20 and Mooncoin by 15/16 points.

Going on today results the 2 clubs must be up there with Cloneen as the worst adult team in Kilkenny at the moment, also Emeralds and Kilmacow can be included.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭conor05

When do people realistically see us lifting Liam McCarthy again?

Let’s say in two years time TJ and Richie are gone, that’s massive scoring boots to fill.

We need Adrian Mullen and others to start scoring regularly and a top class free taker to take over TJs ferociously high accuracy rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭corner back 2

Village87 wrote: »
    Didn't make any of the games today. Any updates from club games. Freshford v Dunnamaggin seemed a good game.

What has happened Mooncoin and Piltown. Usually strong underage last 10/12 years . Competing well in A anytime we played them. Going by results today in Junior Quater finals, Piltown losing by 19/20 and Mooncoin by 15/16 points.

Going on today results the 2 clubs must be up there with Cloneen as the worst adult team in Kilkenny at the moment, also Emeralds and Kilmacow can be included.

🀬🀬🀬That's some arrogant statement from you deciding who the worst adult team in Kilkenny is. Not everyone is from a senior club with 3 or 4 times the playing membership of a country club. There are some stupid statements made on this board from time to time but I have to say yours has topped them all. Stunning arrogance.

Bizarre scenes at a minor game In hugginstown this morning.between carrickshock and comer
    Poorest display of refereeing I have ever seen.credited comer with a point in first half scored by carrickshock.which left scores 9 to 5 at halftime both manager told him it was incorrect. But refused to change it eventually with time almost up carrickshock drew level as they did he blew final whistle. Leaving score 11-11.
    There was no argument from any spectator score was 10-12.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Comerman

Bizarre scenes at a minor game In hugginstown this morning.between carrickshock and comer
    Poorest display of refereeing I have ever seen.credited comer with a point in first half scored by carrickshock.which left scores 9 to 5 at halftime both manager told him it was incorrect. But refused to change it eventually with time almost up carrickshock drew level as they did he blew final whistle. Leaving score 11-11.
    There was no argument from any spectator score was 10-12.
    It was unreal, I'd reckon there wasn't a full continuous 5 minutes of hurling played in the whole game. Ref shouldn't get another match ever. He actually told the 16yo Comer captain to tell his manager to get out of the grounds after he ordered him out (even though he was going) really bizarre stuff and unfair on two good hurling teams to have to put up with.

Comerman wrote: »
    It was unreal, I'd reckon there wasn't a full continuous 5 minutes of hurling played in the whole game. Ref shouldn't get another match ever. He actually told the 16yo Comer captain to tell his manager to get out of the grounds after he ordered him out (even though he was going) really bizarre stuff and unfair on two good hurling teams to have to put up with.

Ye game never got a chance to develop. Replay has the potential to be a good game with proper ref.i would imagine it will be a replay is their presedident for overturning a refs score.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Comerman

Ye game never got a chance to develop. Replay has the potential to be a good game with proper ref.i would imagine it will be a replay is their presedident for overturning a refs score.

Only fair to let both teams have a fair rattle at it I feel, ref must of thrown in about 10 balls and spoke to almost every player and manager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Stopitwillya

Standard of reffing in kilkenny seems to be poor going by lots of recent reports from posters.

Always wondered why Martin Quilty from Slieverue doesn't get more of the bigger games. Top class ref who aludes respect and control.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭amber69

Standard of reffing in kilkenny seems to be poor going by lots of recent reports from posters.

Always wondered why Martin Quilty from Slieverue doesn't get more of the bigger games. Top class ref who aludes respect and control.

Gavin or Martin?

• Advertisement

Martin gave up refereeing a few years ago.he is usually umpire for gavin he trys to ref matches from their

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement