Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

KK Senior Hurling Championship Quarterfinalists

Dicksboro
    O'Loughlin Gaels
    Rower Inistioge
    Clara
    Erin's Own
    James Stephens
    Ballyhale Shamrocks
    1 of Mullinavat or Graigue Ballycallan replay of first round draw.

Draw has been made and the Senior Quarter finals are.
    1 O'Loughlin Gaels v Mullinavat or Graigue Ballycallan.
    2 Rower Inistioge v James Stephens
    3 Clara v Ballyhale Shamrocks
    4 Dicksboro v Erin's Own

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭brookville

Comer and the boro look the pick of the draws.Comer should get great confidence from last night's win.
    Went into the 2 league matches today.Awful weather and lots of water on the surface.Thankfully no serious injuries picked up.
    Clara started very well later and Liam Ryan very good but leahy I thought ran the show at times and was popping up everywhere.The rowers ability to get goals the difference but clara poor after the break and rower deserving winners.
    The boro match very little in it.Sheehan caused lots of trouble hopefully he can stay injury free he was very impressive.Few niggles as you would expect with neighbours especially before full time it got fairly heated.All teams deserve credit today given the awful conditions

• Registered Users Posts: 28 chg1980

brookville wrote: »
    Comer and the boro look the pick of the draws.Comer should get great confidence from last night's win.
    Went into the 2 league matches today.Awful weather and lots of water on the surface.Thankfully no serious injuries picked up.
    Clara started very well later and Liam Ryan very good but leahy I thought ran the show at times and was popping up everywhere.The rowers ability to get goals the difference but clara poor after the break and rower deserving winners.
    The boro match very little in it.Sheehan caused lots of trouble hopefully he can stay injury free he was very impressive.Few niggles as you would expect with neighbours especially before full time it got fairly heated.All teams deserve credit today given the awful conditions
    Few niggles is a good way to put it the fisty cuffs ended up in the stand before full time with approximately twenty players involved. Not one player booked. Oloughlins got the leveling score from the free who most felt would have been a throw ball. We got the win in the end. Referring waz the story of the weekend for us,though as in the u13 final on,Saturday we (dickboro )we all under impression that we won the under 13county final by a point james Stephens the same accepted they were beaten but ref called it a draw... is it me or do players deserve better than inept unfit referees was at camogie game this morning and what we.t one was laughable when your on the right side

chg1980 wrote: »
    Few niggles is a good way to put it the fisty cuffs ended up in the stand before full time with approximately twenty players involved. Not one player booked. Oloughlins got the leveling score from the free who most felt would have been a throw ball. We got the win in the end. Referring waz the story of the weekend for us,though as in the u13 final on,Saturday we (dickboro )we all under impression that we won the under 13county final by a point james Stephens the same accepted they were beaten but ref called it a draw... is it me or do players deserve better than inept unfit referees was at camogie game this morning and what we.t one was laughable when your on the right side

I was in the opposite stand so cant really comment on it although it was a free for all at that stage.I thought the boro were finishing better and deserved their win.
    A lot of people talking about that u13 match today.For a man that reffed last years senior final it was poor decision.
    The shamrocks as expected blitzed ballyraget minus Kevin Kelly.Worringly tj went off injured hopefully he will be ok.saoirse Kenny scoring 1-5 for ballyragget.The bridge were gutted with their performance and have a few injuries and Jason's red card going into the final.Both teams will hope to give one big performance to save their season.Dunnamaggin produced it Saturday when the chips were down.

• Advertisement

Senior Quarter finals are.
    Saturday 5th October
    1pm Danesfort- O'Loughlin Gaels v Mullinavat or Graigue Ballycallan.
    3pm Nowlan Park- Dicksboro v Erin's Own
    5pm Nowlan Park- Clara v Ballyhale Shamrocks
    Sunday 6th October
    12pm Thomastown- Rower Inistioge v James Stephens

The two games in Nowlan Park are to be televised apparently.

Senior Quarter finals are.
    Saturday 5th October
    1pm Danesfort- O'Loughlin Gaels v Mullinavat or Graigue Ballycallan.
    3pm Nowlan Park- Dicksboro v Erin's Own
    5pm Nowlan Park- Clara v Ballyhale Shamrocks
    Sunday 6th October
    12pm Thomastown- Rower Inistioge v James Stephens

The two games in Nowlan Park are to be televised apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Noddy33

I was in the opposite stand so cant really comment on it although it was a free for all at that stage.I thought the boro were finishing better and deserved their win.
    A lot of people talking about that u13 match today.For a man that reffed last years senior final it was poor decision.
    The shamrocks as expected blitzed ballyraget minus Kevin Kelly.Worringly tj went off injured hopefully he will be ok.saoirse Kenny scoring 1-5 for ballyragget.The bridge were gutted with their performance and have a few injuries and Jason's red card going into the final.Both teams will hope to give one big performance to save their season.Dunnamaggin produced it Saturday when the chips were down.

Game was over well before half time as early goal blitz from Ballyhale knocked the stuffing out of Ballyragget. Eoin Cody was very good again and got some great scores, A Mullen was got some nice scores without ever hitting 5th gear, TJ 2 nice scores from play before going off with ankle injury, Colin caused problems as expected, Richie Reid was excellent for me and just so comfortable on the ball and ability to find man every time. Ballyragget second half performance will give them something to work on but they have to start Geoff Morrissey next day for his physicality. With the bridge caught with crucial injuries and suspensions there definitely reason to be optimistic if a Pats man

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭droppingball

Is there another draw for semis or does quarter final 1 play quarter final 2 and so on?

Is there another draw for semis or does quarter final 1 play quarter final 2 and so on?
    There's usually another draw as far as I know.

• Advertisement

There's usually another draw as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

The bridge were gutted with their performance and have a few injuries and Jason's red card going into the final.

Apparently the red card doesn't count towards the final as it is not Championship so Cleere is available to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

chg1980 wrote: »

Referring waz the story of the weekend for us,though as in the u13 final on,Saturday we (dickboro )we all under impression that we won the under 13county final by a point james Stephens the same accepted they were beaten but ref called it a draw... is it me or do players deserve better than inept unfit referees

Ref did nothing wrong there. He was keeping The score as he's supposed to. The only issue is twitter was wrong not him. He told the Stephens full forward that there was 3 pts in it before that last free so there were at least two people in the ground who knew the correct score. I think the Boro need to ask themselves how they let a 6 pt lead slip in the second half rather than crib about the ref. The ref had a fine game and let the game flow. It was a fantastic spectacle for that age group. Hopefully the replay is as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Grats

citykat wrote: »
    Ref did nothing wrong there. He was keeping The score as he's supposed to. The only issue is twitter was wrong not him. He told the Stephens full forward that there was 3 pts in it before that last free so there were at least two people in the ground who knew the correct score. I think the Boro need to ask themselves how they let a 6 pt lead slip in the second half rather than crib about the ref. The ref had a fine game and let the game flow. It was a fantastic spectacle for that age group. Hopefully the replay is as good.

I was at the match and I agree with you, it was a terrific contest. You say at least two people knew the correct score! Well, the ref been one, telling the Village full forward what the score was, doesn't mean TWO people knew the CORRECT score. Refs can make mistakes.

I keep the scores at all matches, and get it wrong from time to time. There was no score board in operation for this match which confused matters even more.

There were supporters from both clubs around me keeping the score too. We were all in agreement at the final whistle that the Boro had won by a point. So, either dozens of supporters got it wrong or the ref made a mistake. The ref has the final say but it doesn't mean a Club shouldn't question his decision, particularly when BOTH sets of supporters felt he had made a mistake. I'm sure the Village would have, understandably, "cribbed" had they been denied a win.

Rather than having a go at the Boro chaps for letting a six point lead slip I would compliment the Village boys for fighting back.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,309 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

The only final score that matters officially, is the referees.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

greenspurs wrote: »
    The only final score that matters officially, is the referees.

Precisely, as I referred to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Grats wrote: »
    I was at the match and I agree with you, it was a terrific contest. You say at least two people knew the correct score! Well, the ref been one, telling the Village full forward what the score was, doesn't mean TWO people knew the CORRECT score. Refs can make mistakes.

I keep the scores at all matches, and get it wrong from time to time. There was no score board in operation for this match which confused matters even more.

There were supporters from both clubs around me keeping the score too. We were all in agreement at the final whistle that the Boro had won by a point. So, either dozens of supporters got it wrong or the ref made a mistake. The ref has the final say but it doesn't mean a Club shouldn't question his decision, particularly when BOTH sets of supporters felt he had made a mistake. I'm sure the Village would have, understandably, "cribbed" had they been denied a win.

Rather than having a go at the Boro chaps for letting a six point lead slip I would compliment the Village boys for fighting back.

Read the OP. A sweeping statement was made of the ref based on incomplete facts. Cahill had a good game. He knew what the score was. He didn't make any mistake. The confusion lay in one of the last Boro points getting flagged by the umpires when the ref had told them not to.
    Sure a club can question a ref on the score. In fairness to him, he explained himself when he was asked afterwards. Case closed. Anyway, the replay is in Gowran at 11.30 on Saturday. Should be a cracker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,939 ✭✭✭dzer2

Shame both are not in the park Saturday

citykat wrote: »
    Read the OP. A sweeping statement was made of the ref based on incomplete facts. Cahill had a good game. He knew what the score was. He didn't make any mistake. The confusion lay in one of the last Boro points getting flagged by the umpires when the ref had told them not to.
    Sure a club can question a ref on the score. In fairness to him, he explained himself when he was asked afterwards. Case closed. Anyway, the replay is in Gowran at 11.30 on Saturday. Should be a cracker.

I saw the umpire been spoken to by the ref in relation to that point/wide. After the ref moved away, the umpire waved the white flag, for a point. It appeared that the ref, after consulting with the umpire, agreed that it was in fact a point.

Anyway, onto the replay.

• Advertisement

I see where our hurlers are playing in the Boston 11s thing in a few months time while also going away in December or January on their team holiday.They are fundraising over the next few weeks some nice prizes aswell hopefully it goes well.
    It was disappointing to lose both senior and minor finals but we had some great days out on the road.The day both teams beat limerick was probably the highlight.I'm hopeful we are on the right track we need to build on this year and find a few more players especially in attack.I look forward to looking at eoin cody next year.
    Most county teams finalising their backroom teams do we know any more about ours?cody will hardly go anywhere but there has being talk of at least one selector gone so it will be intresting to see what kind of backroom team we have.We also have an u20 and camogie job up for grabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,939 ✭✭✭dzer2

Wonder is DJ going to Waterford

dzer2 wrote: »

You have to wonder alright since he announced he's stepping down from the KK U20s in the last few days. Speculation that Henry might be going to Waterford also. I expect he'll get involved with Cody.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

dzer2 wrote: »

Liam Cahill from Tipp has that job.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭minty81

Liam Cahill in at Waterford, risky move for him considering the form they've been in over last 2 seasons.
    Will Henry step into the u-20 role?
    DJ could be well suited to the camogie job.
    All the goodwill in Wexford for Davy could be undone if the next few days if rumours are true in Galway. Wouldn't surprise me if he's just using it to get a better deal in Wexford though

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭kilkennyboy

Davy had a blow up with wexford when they announced he was doing another 2 years.He is going to galway.
    He was actually asked back to Clare aswell but instead of turning it down he went down and done the interview and ripped into the county board for the crack.
    Cahill and mikey bevans about to be ratified in Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭davidx40

Did county board give Callan man 12months suspension .after the infamous incident?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Davy had a blow up with wexford when they announced he was doing another 2 years.He is going to galway.
    He was actually asked back to Clare aswell but instead of turning it down he went down and done the interview and ripped into the county board for the crack.
    Cahill and mikey bevans about to be ratified in Waterford.

Do people just make up stories for enjoyment or do they actually believe what they are saying is true?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,309 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

bruschi wrote: »
    Do people just make up stories for enjoyment or do they actually believe what they are saying is true?

How do you know its not true ?? :confused::rolleyes:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭kilkennyboy

greenspurs wrote: »
    How do you know its not true ?? :confused::rolleyes:
    He will in a couple of days

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement