Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭northern lad

Disappointing for Comer, huge for Graigue/ Ballycallan as they have now survived their first year up. Comer won’t find it easy against the Bridge. Just missing the cutting edge up front . Billy Ryan, Sean Ryan etc caused a lot of problems and can now look forward to Mullinavat match with nothing to lose attitude

• Registered Users Posts: 2,939 ✭✭✭dzer2

Disappointing for Comer, huge for Graigue/ Ballycallan as they have now survived their first year up. Comer won’t find it easy against the Bridge. Just missing the cutting edge up front . Billy Ryan, Sean Ryan etc caused a lot of problems and can now look forward to Mullinavat match with nothing to lose attitude

Comer only had themselves to blame. 11 wides in the second half. At least 3 in front of goal. The ballycallan goal was a fluke sun in keepers eyes. It was Murphy's worst game in yrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Beginning to see why the sweeper was needed. Midfield getting blew out of it and ball just constantly breaking the half back line.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭sportsmaddad

Hey RTE, how about a bit of gender balance for Camogie Sunday Game? I'm sure J Tyrell or C Farrell could have leant their weight to the discussion....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,546 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Hey RTE, how about a bit of gender balance for Camogie Sunday Game? I'm sure J Tyrell or C Farrell could have leant their weight to the discussion....

They have Des Cahill and Farrell on tonight, with Kate Kelly and the fantastic Rena Buckley.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭brookville

Congrats to galway today deserving winners on the day and after winning the league and defeating cork in the semi they are deserving champions.Goals win matches and we conceded 3 today.I thought we looked very nervous and galway got things right and tied up our danger players.
    Really have to feel for the girls and management.We unfortunately just arent able to get over the finish line.Hopefully the group will stay together but i fear its going to be hard get over this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 castlecat

Just back from the comogie final , the 3 first half goals killed us , l taught we were the better team for most of it , but that's the way it goes fair play Galway worthy winners ,
    I was just thinking coming down in the car of the all Ireland's I attended as a Kilkenny supporter over the last few years and it's fairly grim, 2 senior hurling ,2 minor hurling ,1 U21 hurling , and 3 comogie finals all lost in a short space of time ,

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dubcat51

Management poor today in first starting a injured edwina keane and for not seeing the full back line were getting dragged out leaving 39 yds of space in behind.also in 3 years no young new players given a chance.even today first sub was forced and then she was taken off.danielle morrissey only got about 10 min when power, walsh were not performing.cody would be more ruthless.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭conor05

castlecat wrote: »
    Just back from the comogie final , the 3 first half goals killed us , l taught we were the better team for most of it , but that's the way it goes fair play Galway worthy winners ,
    I was just thinking coming down in the car of the all Ireland's I attended as a Kilkenny supporter over the last few years and it's fairly grim, 2 senior hurling ,2 minor hurling ,1 U21 hurling , and 3 comogie finals all lost in a short space of time ,

I don’t think Kilkenny are doing anything drastically wrong, I think other counties have really raised the standard of their coaching at underage etc. even Wexford underage hurling is a lot better than it used to be. Munster especially Tipp is very strong at under 21.

Kilkenny will always be there or there about. It will be hard to ever dominate again though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,309 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Maybe its your fault we aren't winning anything !!! :P :D

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Advertisement

dubcat51 wrote: »
    Management poor today in first starting a injured edwina keane and for not seeing the full back line were getting dragged out leaving 39 yds of space in behind.also in 3 years no young new players given a chance.even today first sub was forced and then she was taken off.danielle morrissey only got about 10 min when power, walsh were not performing.cody would be more ruthless.

Changes very slow.... As you said Keane was injured .
    Full back line very bad - Dormer chasing shadows.
    forwards very poor, and very little ball into them. And Morrissey should have been on way earlier...
    Better team won though...
    3 losses in a row.... Sickening ….

Anyone here at the Callan Vs St Martin's match on Saturday? I hear there was some vicious pulling in it at the end. Couple of red cards. Apparently there was a clip of it on youtube that was taken offline

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Village87

I attended 2 games Saturday, Village and OLG was a good a game, we did well to force a draw when the game was going against us, boys stuck in there and we will fancy our chances against Danesfort.

I attended Freshford v Tullogher Saturday, excellent game played with good Intensity, plenty good hurlers on display. Freshford played with a sweeper most of the match and got 2 well worked goals that got them over the line, Tullogher did a lot of hurling and were unlucky to lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Grats

Village87 wrote: »
    I attended 2 games Saturday, Village and OLG was a good a game, we did well to force a draw when the game was going against us, boys stuck in there and we will fancy our chances against Danesfort.

I attended Freshford v Tullogher Saturday, excellent game played with good Intensity, plenty good hurlers on display. Freshford played with a sweeper most of the match and got 2 well worked goals that got them over the line, Tullogher did a lot of hurling and were unlucky to lose.

Anyone worth adding to the senior panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 revanaghkk

Thats 8 finals in 4 years but if we were supporting any other county there wouldn't be 8 to go to. Agree that it would be great to get over the line. Feel very sorry for the camogie players and management.. Heartbreaking

• Registered Users Posts: 14 takeyourpoint

It was tough day in Croke park yesterday for the Ladies. We needed a few more of our forwards scoring but Galway seemed to be that bit better and hungrier. I think there will be a lot of change in management going forward.

Anyone here at the Callan Vs St Martin's match on Saturday? I hear there was some vicious pulling in it at the end. Couple of red cards. Apparently there was a clip of it on youtube that was taken offline
    There was one late pull that started a bit of pushing and shoving and there was one assault.

I think there will be a lot of change in management going forward.

Anne Downey left her position this morning .

#Psychic

There was one late pull that started a bit of pushing and shoving and there was one assault.

2 brothers.?
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭robwen

greenspurs wrote: »
    Anne Downey left her position this morning .

#Psychic

In fairness she announced it in the dressing room yesterday & the banquet last night.
    Who would be the main contenders to replace her?

• Advertisement

Assault? No wonder the video was taken down. Was there red cards?

greenspurs wrote: »
    2 brothers.?
    ;)

Yep

Assault? No wonder the video was taken down. Was there red cards?

3 of them. I'm biased but the one Martins got was a farce and done purely so the ref wasn't just sending off the two Callan lads.

Martin's man was sent off for getting hit. What was he thinking getting in the way of a wild pull like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Neewollah

And the great thing about getting sent off in the last round of the league means you can still play the 1st round of championship. Not suspended until league next year. Lads could really go mad in those games if they like with no consequence

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Rebelside

The clip on YouTube was shocking, at least 5 v bad strokes

Just seen the clip. The Martins lad pollaxed on the ground from the first stroke got sent off.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Local_Chap

Anyone have a link to the video?

It was taken down for good reason. It really showed the ref up.

• Advertisement

Just saw it...
    Fair sledging from the Lockes 'player' …… It wouldn't be the first time though !
    Werent they on a 'good behaviour' promise with Lockes? It will be interesting to see what happens

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement