Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

I've only seen the Boro so far this year but they have been far and a way the best team on the weak side of the draw. It will be interesting to see how they go against the teams on the other side. The Boro have moved Aidan Nolan from right wing back to the half forward line for the last two matches and he is causing defences all sorts of trouble as he naturally drops deep and when he starts running at teams he can't be stopped. He has score 3-6 and set up another 1-5 in those games. He is definitely benefiting from having been in with the county but so have the Boro's other players. They have to be the favourites for the county from that side of the draw but the other side probably has 6 contenders with 3 with a serious chance.

Going on League position I'd rate the teams as follows
    1) O'Loughlin Gaels (because of strength of schedule and highest points scored 120) +20 points diff
    2) Dicksboro + 36 points diff
    3) Clara -1 points diff
    4) Mullinavat -5 points diff
    5) Rower (only just ahead of JS) +3 points diff
    6) James Stephens +7 points diff
    7) Ballyhale Shamrocks -12 points diff
    8) Danesfort +3 points diff
    9) Graigue Ballycallan -4 points diff
    10) Erins Own 0 points diff
    11) Bennettsbridge -9 points diff (second highest points scored but by and away the leakiest defence 126 points)
    12) St Patricks -38 points diff (lowest points scored and second leakiest defence 115 points)

Championship predictions
    1st Round
    Danesfort v James Stephens - I would just about side with Danesfort with Richie hurling really well for them in the last 3 games. Danesfort by 3
    Graigue Ballycallan v Mullinavat - hard one to call but I will go with Mullinavat I think they'll be a bit too tough for GBC. Mullinavat by 5
    Relegation Semi
    Bennettsbridge v Erins Own - I just can't see Erins Own scoring enough. Bridge by 2
    St Patricks v Ballyhale Shamrocks - I think this will be a slaughter. Ballyhale by 15+

League Final
    Dicksboro v O'Loughlin Gaels - I think this is should be really close I'm going with the Boro just about as I think their defence might be able to hold out a bit better. Dicksboro by 1
    Shield Final
    Clara v Rower Inistioge - If the Rower play like they did against the Boro there will only be one result. Clara by 5

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭brookville

Disappointing for Comer, huge for Graigue/ Ballycallan as they have now survived their first year up. Comer won’t find it easy against the Bridge. Just missing the cutting edge up front . Billy Ryan, Sean Ryan etc caused a lot of problems and can now look forward to Mullinavat match with nothing to lose attitude

Is colum penderville back playing yet for ballycallan?well done to ballycallan its mission accomplished for this year and with a young team this will hopefully stand to them.Comer will be a dissapointed but they are starting in the same position as last year before they went on that good run.Should be a good match against the bridge but the bridge should shade it and they have enough good players to go on a run.
    Attending matches over the last two weeks ive heard that one of our senior selectors wont be committing again next year.it will probably be next month before we hear anything official.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Comerman

greenspurs wrote: »
    Just saw it...
    Fair sledging from the Lockes 'player' …… It wouldn't be the first time though !
    Werent they on a 'good behaviour' promise with Lockes? It will be interesting to see what happens

Just saw it, you wouldn't see as much swinging from a wild man with a machete in the rainforest. Very reckless and dangerous

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Village87

Comerman wrote: »
    Just saw it, you wouldn't see as much swinging from a wild man with a machete in the rainforest. Very reckless and dangerous

I believe the culprits are getting suspended from the club, the county board are investigating and there father wants them to move from the club. Not ideal for John Lockes with Championship around the corner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Comerman

Would any other club take them after that display

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Neewollah

They would have to be resident in another parish to get a transfer I assume. May not be possible for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭thesultan

ARe ballyhale out?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

is this clip going around on twitter or through whatsapp groups?

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

thesultan wrote: »
    ARe ballyhale out?

No, if they win their next match they are through to the Quarter finals, if they don't, they are in a relegation play off against the losers of Comer and Bennettsbridge.
    It will be a huge surprise if they don't beat Ballyragget.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭sportsmaddad

About that John Lockes vs St Martin's game. We're all obviously imagining things. The KK People summary of it is simply that "John Lockes have some serious soul-searching to do"
    Otherwise nothing to see here, just move along..

• Advertisement

Well I've seen the clip and if they weren't sent off for it the ref should never be allowed near a pitch again, he is yards from the incident and actually flinches from one of the last swings. As to other stuff about the club and father I don't know anything about that but the pulling was very wild and deliberate. At least one lad should be getting a serious suspension from the county board for that kind of carry on was using the hurl as a weapon. Number 11 for John Lockes can be seen clear as day hitting 4 different lads in the space of 10 seconds. There is another lad who did some initial pulling but can't make out his number because of the jersey being striped but it starts with a 1 and he ain't the keeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Truth be told1974

Well I've seen the clip and if they weren't sent off for it the ref should never be allowed near a pitch again

Where do you think the referee (or any referee) would or did not send them off or do you just like making stupid comments?

dzer2 wrote: »
    It was taken down for good reason. It really showed the ref up.

Several players beating each other with hurls, at least 11/12 x players in the war zone (not all striking I do clarify) and you see it as an indictment of the referee, no wonder there is no responsibility by players for their actions. Would you see everything that went on if you were the ref.?

The incident flared up out of nothing, a Callan player 'upset' because he didnt get a free for what would have been a very soft free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭dzer2

Hey lad I was at the game the ref had let a few wild swings go before that. One head high on a Martin's man in front of him. He gave frees for nothing and then let some back pulls go. It was always going to end up in someone pulling a bad blow. I could see it happening a long way out. Its form with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,306 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Hey lad I was at the game the ref had let a few wild swings go before that. One head high on a Martin's man in front of him. He gave frees for nothing and then let some back pulls go. It was always going to end up in someone pulling a bad blow. I could see it happening a long way out. Its form with him.

The player , or the ref ?

Ref cant control players that wanna assault other players with hurleys! If a lad has no self control , well he shouldn't be allow carry a hurley…..

Easy option to blame the ref …. as usual...
    Players are adults, and should be held accountable and be responsible for THEIR own actions on a pitch, and people blaming the ref for ALLOWING it to happen is rubbish!

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Complete rubbish, there was nothing in that game, that was let go by the ref that would account for what blew up or caused it to happen.

Ref has the choice to give cards when the fouls start. Same as in the AI. What happens if a player sees he is getting away with a few pulls.and chops if he is inclined he then pushes the boundaries. That ref has a tendency to allow a lot go. In this case it ended up in the fracas at the end. I agree the player shouldn't do it but a card for a few of the earlier ones might have stopped it. I dont know anything about the 2 lockes players. Just thought the ref could handle it better.
    The player , or the ref ?

Ref cant control players that wanna assault other players with hurleys! If a lad has no self control , well he shouldn't be allow carry a hurley…..

Easy option to blame the ref …. as usual...
    Players are adults, and should be held accountable and be responsible for THEIR own actions on a pitch, and people blaming the ref for ALLOWING it to happen is rubbish!

It's the refs job to handle the game. He is just poor.

Yes, cos its that easy isn't it …….. :rolleyes:

Yes, cos its that easy isn't it …….. :rolleyes:

It's not as hard as it is made out.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Yeh… yeh right.
    Easy from the sideline ? Or when your team is winning ??

• Advertisement

About that John Lockes vs St Martin's game. We're all obviously imagining things. The KK People summary of it is simply that "John Lockes have some serious soul-searching to do"
    Otherwise nothing to see here, just move along..

I read this and made assumptions (and we all know what they say about them) I think its a tongue in cheek comment but I read it fast and as serious. So my comment about the ref was in relation to that
    Where do you think the referee (or any referee) would or did not send them off or do you just like making stupid comments?

I love making stupid comments, it's my forte:D

I have no issue with the ref he did the right thing and can do no more once he has sent them off. I think the St Martins lad got a red for reacting with a punch which knocked one of his attackers as he went down himself so he can have no arguments either. I wasn't at the match and couldn't tell you what his performance was like before or after the incident.

Yeh… yeh right.
    Easy from the sideline ? Or when your team is winning ??[/quote

It's rare that my team are winning.

Give the obvious frees

Push in the back
    Trip
    Holding
    Over carrying
    Charging.

Dont give a free out for a forward over carrying and a minute later give a free to the opposition for the same offence calling it over zealous tackling.
    Be consistent.
    Book head high challenges and dangerous play.

You can't see what happens behind your back. But you should see what happens in front of you.1

That will get you a lot of good will as a ref.

Oh forgot to mention

Play for a draw if there is money to be made

Yeh… yeh right.
    Easy from the sideline ? Or when your team is winning ??[/quote

Give the obvious frees

Push in the back
    Trip
    Holding
    Over carrying
    Charging.

Dont give a free out for a forward over carrying and a minute later give a free to the opposition for the same offence calling it over zealous tackling.
    Be consistent.

You can't see what happens behind your back. But you should see what happens in front of you.1

Oh forgot to mention

Play for a draw if there is money to be made

yes...
    If the ref sees it that way, he should penalise the player.
    But he doesn't see it, but you do, does that make him a a bad ref? Or does it make you a better ref ??

And then you had to make a ridiculous comment ………… :confused: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

I read this and made assumptions (and we all know what they say about them) I think its a tongue in cheek comment but I read it fast and as serious. So my comment about the ref was in relation to that

I have no issue with the ref he did the right thing and can do no more once he has sent them off. I think the St Martins lad got a red for reacting with a punch which knocked one of his attackers as he went down himself so he can have no arguments either. I wasn't at the match and couldn't tell you what his performance was like before or after the incident.
    There was no punch

There was no punch
    Sure looks like one to me in the video I've seen. It's hard to be 100% as the quality isn't great and there are other bodies crossing but seemed to be one to me, as I said I wasn't there only going by the footage I've seen. If you were there and your sure there wasn't a punch, I'll bow to your superior knowledge.

One of the instigators is gone from Lockes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Give the obvious frees

Push in the back
    Trip
    Holding
    Over carrying
    Charging.

Be consistent.

Out of interest, how much experience do you have as a referee?

v3ttel wrote: »

Out of interest, how much experience do you have as a referee?

Over 10 years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dubcat51

Where on youtube is the martins v john lockes incident

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement