Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2019 All Ireland Senior Football Championship *Mod note: Post #1*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭blowitupref

I thought the idea was an attempt to stop burn out?
    The good young fella on every team etc - club-county-minor-u21-college etc?
    College football was more responsible for burn out that U21 county football ever was. Changing U18 to U17 to avoid a clash with exams i can somewhat understand but there is still a few 17 year olds that sit their leaving certs and 16 year olds have junior cert on these current minor county panels.

U21 was a great development grade for senior teams, i look at Cavan,Roscommon for example both playing Div 1 football this spring and able to beat Div opposition in the championship this summer and that was thanks mostly to their competitiveness at U21 level for a number of years.

After years of a public campaign by Paraic Duffy to get rid of the U21 grade we are left with the U20 championship which is a poor mans U21 competition, its poorly scheduled and any competition is diluted when some of its best players don't play in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭RedDevil55

College football was more responsible for burn out that U21 county football ever was. Changing U18 to U17 to avoid a clash with exams i can somewhat understand but there is still a few 17 year olds that sit their leaving certs and 16 year olds have junior cert on these current minor county panels.

U21 was a great development grade for senior teams, i look at Cavan,Roscommon for example both playing Div 1 football this spring and able to beat Div opposition in the championship this summer and that was thanks mostly to their competitiveness at U21 level for a number of years.

After years of a public campaign by Paraic Duffy to get rid of the U21 grade we are left with the U20 championship which is a poor mans U21 competition, its poorly scheduled and any competition is diluted when some of its best players don't play in it.

The Leaving Cert problem hasn't been fixed in the new format, just moved to U20. One of the Mayo players broke his collar bone in the Connacht final last June and had to sit a leaving cert Accounting exam the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭blowitupref

RedDevil55 wrote: »
    The Leaving Cert problem hasn't been fixed in the new format, just moved to U20. One of the Mayo players broke his collar bone in the Connacht final last June and had to sit a leaving cert Accounting exam the next day.

Yes i remember that, this year they have pushed back the Connacht U20 final to July 10th but there is still a Connacht quarter final played in June and if the winner of that won the semi final they will have to play 3 games in 3 weeks which is another example of poor scheduling.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭C__MC

Offaly and leitrim are through to round 2 of the qualifiers

Wicklow and Londons year is up

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26 Doctor Zhivago

Very open game this. Cracking to watch.

Michael Murphy is the definition of class.

Harte is prone to lazy tackles like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭dobman88

Michael Murphy is the definition of class.

Youd wonder what Colm O Rourke is smoking for him to have his views on Murphy. Brolly very frustrating that he wouldn't let him speak even if he doesn't agree with his opinion.

Brolly spoke about corofin for at least 5 minutes
    How RTE put up with that, I'll never know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

C__MC wrote:

Credit to Gough. It's early and he could of taken the easy way out with a yellow but he's called it very well so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70,074 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

C__MC wrote: »
    Ridiculous to get yourself sent off like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Ridiculous to get yourself sent off like that.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Same rubbish BBC NI camerwork - how many kickouts have they missed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

And, in striking contrast to most provincial football matches, we even have a choice of channels:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Great game
    If this was a hurling game the Pundits would be wetting themselves at HT
    Brolly will no doubt find some negative to focus on

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Lago

Brolly spoke about corofin for at least 5 minutes
    How RTE put up with that, I'll never know

I think they feel he generates controversy and that in turn attracts viewers. Maybe it's just me but I feel it's the opposite. The nonsense he spouts in order to try and push his clearly biased opinions and the fact he just shouts down everyone else just makes me turn it off. I'll watch it on BBC who are far more classy and professional. It's a shame because Marty Morrissey and Joanna Cantwell are extremely talented.

Great game so far. Donegal are really putting it up to Tyrone and there's been some fantastic passing, shooting and tackling so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭kksaints

Derry 4-5 Wexford 0-5 here at halftime at Wexford park. Derry were playing against the wind.

• Advertisement

Great to see David gough not falling for any of Tyrone's antics, strong referee like that should always ref them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Tyrone being undone by the sweeper system.

The irony!

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Frozen Veg

Tyrone look very poorly coached.

Rochford coaching evident up front for Donegal, some great movement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,491 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Big run of points for Donegal creates quite a big gap at HT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Those fear of losing defensive changes that Tyrone made before the is biting them so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Not pleasant on the eye that's for sure. But always happy to see Tyrone losing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Jupiter Mulligan

km79 wrote: »
    Great game
    If this was a hurling game the Pundits would be wetting themselves at HT
    Brolly will no doubt find some negative to focus on

RTE sport's obsession with having an idiot on every panel to talk sh1te and do his best to start a row is really annoying.

Be it rugby, soccer or Gaelic football they always take pains to provide a resident village idiot to stir the pot. (Thus far, thankfully, hurling has escaped this imbecilic obsession with pandering to the lowest common denominator.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Frozen Veg wrote: »
    Tyrone look very poorly coached.

Rochford coaching evident up front for Donegal, some great movement.

Tyrone making is so so easy for the Donegal backs - the unwillingness to have any other players forward to support McShane is rank stupidity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

RTE sport's obsession with having an idiot on every panel to talk sh1te and do his best to start a row is really annoying.

Be it rugby, soccer or Gaelic football they always take pains to provide a resident village idiot to stir the pot. (Thus far, thankfully, hurling has escaped this imbecilic obsession with pandering to the lowest common denominator.)

Ger Loughnane?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭franglan

Was at Leitrim Wicklow, Leitrim deserved the win. Won midfield against two big boys in midfield and came away with it on any dirty ball on breaks. Ryan O'Rourke again with some nice scores. Wicklow had a number of goal chances, including the first score of the game which was a one on one handpass over the bar rather than sticking it in the corner. Poor enough fare really, losing ball in contact and aimless handpassing throughout. Leitrim won't care, they'll be listening to Morning Ireland Monday morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Self torture, good for the soul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭robbiezero

dobman88 wrote: »
    Youd wonder what Colm O Rourke is smoking for him to have his views on Murphy. Brolly very frustrating that he wouldn't let him speak even if he doesn't agree with his opinion.

I think he was entitled to dispute the assertion that Murphy has been the most influential footballer of the last 10 years.
    A massive player no doubt, but that was a big statement from Brolly, wouldn't agree with it myself and I'm sure a lot of Dubs fans wouldn't either.

Intriguing enough game here.
    Brilliant opening 15, back to slow build up after that, but Donegal really playing well and their pace is really causing Tyrone huge problems.
    Tyrone look all at sea v the blanket defence.

Surprise change removing Colm Cav there for Tyrone. One of their better players I would have thought.

robbiezero wrote: »
    Intriguing enough game here.
    Brilliant opening 15, back to slow build up after that, but Donegal really playing well and their pace is really causing Tyrone huge problems.
    Tyrone look all at sea v the blanket defence.

Surprise change removing Colm Cav there for Tyrone. One of their better players I would have thought.

You'd think he has a knock but I wouldn't put anything past Harte at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭raiders11

Where Strabinamal now?? Re dirty tactics.

• Advertisement

That's really acting the tramp. Rotten player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭franglan

That's really acting the tramp.

What there a wee tap by our Tiernan on the back of the head there too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭4Ad

That was filthy by the Tyrone player to the Donegal players face/ eye/mouth area while on the ground..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

That's really acting the tramp. Rotten player.

Is that the second time a Donegal player has been down with issues with their eye?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

4Ad wrote: »
    That was filthy by the Tyrone player to the Donegal players face/ eye/mouth area while on the ground..

They should make an example of him. A year's ban.

elefant wrote: »

Remember the same lad can go down like a sniper took him out if you brush his precious hair too.

robbiezero wrote: »
    I think he was entitled to dispute the assertion that Murphy has been the most influential footballer of the last 10 years.
    A massive player no doubt, but that was a big statement from Brolly, wouldn't agree with it myself and I'm sure a lot of Dubs fans wouldn't either.

He is certainly influential in this game alright even if the 45's haven't been as he would like.

Donegal needed that point.

elefant wrote: »

Who was it?

• Advertisement

Who was it?

McCann.

God Tyrone are hateful, filthy team

Coached into them imo
    From young
    I’m sure we will have someone defending it

It won’t be Hartes fault in any way !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭threeball

God Tyrone are hateful, filthy team

Same team that cheated their way to an u21 all Ireland against Tipperary.

I'd still expect Tyrone to saunter through to super eights if they avoid mayo. But there along way off adding a fourth title to their roll of honour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Dreadful Tyrone,6 mins to go,6 points behind and not one of their players in the Donegal half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Ryan MCHugh is pound for pound the best footballer in the country. Great to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭raiders11

Ryan MCHugh is pound for pound the best footballer in the country. Great to watch.

Will be one sore man tomorrow morning, took some knocks in that game

I'd still expect Tyrone to saunter through to super eights if they avoid mayo. But there along way off adding a fourth title to their roll of honour

I said it a few years back
    They will NEVER win another under Harte
    Every spring the same auld ****E talked about them/him and their new attacking style

Every spring the same auld ****E talked about them/him and their new attacking style

Embarrassing analysis by RTE, they had one attacker up front in first half, same ****e tactics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭threeball

Mayo will be sweating that don't get drawn against them.

They aren't doing either to any great effect here, attacking or defending.
    Seem to be caught between two stools.
    That bunch of players haven't a hope of beating Dublin this year anyway.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement