Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 All Ireland Senior Football Championship *Mod note: Post #1*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

I heard that Cork beat Dublin in a challenge recently too, yes. Powter got injured in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Wasn't at the Cork challenge but it was serious Dublin effort, and seems to have served as a bit of a wake up call for Gavin judging by last weekend.

Any team that beats a Dublin team gearing up for championship and players fighting like hell for a spot is not going to be beaten by Limerick!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭C__MC

Ugh ,that time of the year where nearly every ex Kerry player has a say on the championship and their beloved Kerry's prospects.
    Worst more, the current Kerry forwards are being bigged up in the media despite having done nothing since 2014.

C__MC wrote: »
    Ugh ,that time of the year where nearly every ex Kerry player has a say on the championship and their beloved Kerry's prospects.
    Worst more, the current Kerry forwards are being bigged up in the media despite having done nothing since 2014.

:)

If/when Dublin's run does come to an end, I don't care who it is who brings the silver bullet once its not them!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,157 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Peter canavan is even talking us up so you know it’s real this time.

• Advertisement

Kerry on their day are decent and youd respect the football they play but the media is way to driven by their noughties team. Even social media is clogged with their tweets

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭Always_Running

Half times and Cork and Kerry are cruising into the Munster final.

Kerry 1-9 Clare 0-3
    Cork 3-8 Limerick 0-2

Half times and Cork and Kerry are cruising into the Munster final.

Kerry 1-9 Clare 0-3
    Cork 3-8 Limerick 0-2

Cork confirming their recent form including the end of the league - relegation was out of their own hands remember by that stage - and challenges.

Running up good scores. Certainly still well ahead of lower division sides once they have their heads right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Kerry on their day are decent and youd respect the football they play but the media is way to driven by their noughties team. Even social media is clogged with their tweets

You know how social media works? You can unfollow people! Or are you just following them so to be outraged and have something to whinge about?

Munster semi final results

Cork 3-18 Limerick 0-6 (game over after 10 mins)
    Kerry 1-15 Clare 0-12 ( Better from Clare 2nd half as they won it 0-9 to 0-6)

• Advertisement

Munster semi final results

Cork 3-18 Limerick 0-6 (game over after 10 mins)
    Kerry 1-15 Clare 0-12 ( Better from Clare 2nd half as they won it 0-9 to 0-6)

Would it be a total shock if cork toppled Kerry in the final at PUC?

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭caddy16

Yes, Clare are arguably better than Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 39,679 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

caddy16 wrote: »

Don't be failing into the late May/early June Kerry trap.

caddy16 wrote: »
    This.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭caddy16

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Don't be failing into the late May/early June Kerry trap.

???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Games in Killarney

More Cork fans might actually go that way funnily

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Games in Killarney

More Cork fans might actually go that way funnily

You sure?

I thought because PUC was being Kerry had home advantage over Cork for a couple of years and in order to redress the balance- the next 2/3 games were to be at PUC

I'd fancy Cork to give them a rattle in Cork.

They were getting pilloried by their own, and from talking to a friend from Clon who is total big ball fanatic they sound like they've seriously gotten their act together.

I know it was only a challenge, but apparently Gavin was not at all pleased by the Kilkenny game and had them like lunatics for game against Louth.

Showed even ambition on cork's part that they chose Dublin as a game, so would watch that with interest. only hoping the best outcome for the Kingdom obviously …………………………..

Bonniedog wrote: »

They were getting pilloried by their own, and from talking to a friend from Clon who is total big ball fanatic they sound like they've seriously gotten their act together.

I know it was only a challenge, but apparently Gavin was not at all pleased by the Kilkenny game and had them like lunatics for game against Louth.

Showed even ambition on cork's part that they chose Dublin as a game, so would watch that with interest. only hoping the best outcome for the Kingdom obviously …………………………..

Cork have probable improved from last year and to be honest- I think kerry may have gone backwards.

Looking at the makeup of their team and bench- outside of they full forward line- I don’t see anything above average.

Their bench options are woeful

Depends on what cork team show up, the old cliche
    Kerry will still have to much even if cork perform, game is in killarney as well.

• Advertisement

Depends on what cork team show up, the old cliche
    Kerry will still have to much even if cork perform, game is in killarney as well.

The game is in PUC on june 22nd unless you know something that multiple media sources don’t?

Edit: It’s also on the Munster GAA website so definitely cork

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Bonniedog wrote: »

Cork also played Carlow in a challenge and were lucky to win by a point too. So can't read that much into challenge games.

Stevecw wrote: »
    Cork also played Carlow in a challenge and were lucky to win by a point too. So can't read that much into challenge games.

Perhaps. when was the Carlow game and who lined out?

Gavin certainly took the Kilkenny game seriously and both teams had their first choices more or less on field at same time.

Anyway, we shall see. Dublin are waiting for an ambush and Cork are throwing their shoulders forward to see where they really are, and for pride.

Have a feeling this year could see a change or two,

Thrilling game in clones as we approach full time
    All level but momentum with cavan who have 14 players

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

No football on tv again today.
    Do rte not know that there are far more Gaelic football clubs in the country?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭blowitupref

Thrilling game in clones as we approach full time
    All level but momentum with cavan who have 14 players

Finished level after extra time. A contest full of drama that should have got full live coverage instead the RTE heads gave us hurling overload and two games that was cakewalks today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

As a Cork supporter I would love nothing more than for them to beat Kerry, just on the basis that the Cork public don't have any confidence in the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,232 ✭✭✭tanko

nice_guy80 wrote: »

Cavan v Armagh game on BBC2 now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

tanko wrote: »
    Cavan v Armagh game on BBC2 now.

Don't have bbc channels. Or sky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Just An Opinion

nice_guy80 wrote: »

I wonder have falling attendances played a part in this, starve them of TV action and get them back to the grounds?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement