Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Yesterday, 12:42   #5176
GBX
Registered User
 
GBX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 8,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco26 View Post
Does anyone change the name on the account each year and enter as a new customer? Only downside I can see ids having to set up a new system each year?
Thinking of doing this. Recently married so possible now to get it in the Mrs name. Mentioned it last year doing the phone cancel chat at person I spoke to said id lose service for 30 days even if at the same address as previous account.

Has anybody done this and did you lose service ?
GBX is offline  
Advertisement
Yesterday, 13:24   #5177
raclle
Registered User
 
raclle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 261
I could only get the 6 month half price offer. Rang twice this week but they wouldn't budge
raclle is offline  
Yesterday, 14:17   #5178
beauf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 21,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBX View Post
Thinking of doing this. Recently married so possible now to get it in the Mrs name. Mentioned it last year doing the phone cancel chat at person I spoke to said id lose service for 30 days even if at the same address as previous account.

Has anybody done this and did you lose service ?
They used to say 3 months break of service. I have no direct experience of it though.
beauf is offline  
Yesterday, 14:20   #5179
okidoki987
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 9,767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Smith View Post
am i better to wait till after my contact ends? (1st of feb)?
currently on 250 plan with tv for 55, it's going up to 92 next month.

Called and got offered 74 for 9months (same package)
or
76 for 12 months with 240mb
Out of contract, you will be in a much better position to negotiate with them.
Should be able to get 9 months half price going on other posters here but might be a slog.
okidoki987 is offline  
Yesterday, 14:39   #5180
ben.schlomo
Registered User
 
ben.schlomo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 7,679
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBX View Post
Thinking of doing this. Recently married so possible now to get it in the Mrs name. Mentioned it last year doing the phone cancel chat at person I spoke to said id lose service for 30 days even if at the same address as previous account.

Has anybody done this and did you lose service ?
I've done this for the last two years. Gotten the 'new' customer rate under OH's name two years ago and then mine last year. No loss of service for any time.
ben.schlomo is offline  
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
Yesterday, 15:38   #5181
johnfás
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,310
Got the 9 months half price (€32.50) for broadband on the third attempt.
johnfás is offline  
Yesterday, 16:45   #5182
GBX
Registered User
 
GBX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 8,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben.schlomo View Post
I've done this for the last two years. Gotten the 'new' customer rate under OH's name two years ago and then mine last year. No loss of service for any time.
Good to know Ben. Thanks I'll be ringing them on Monday
GBX is offline  
Yesterday, 20:37   #5183
spuddy
Registered User
 
spuddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben.schlomo View Post
I've done this for the last two years. Gotten the 'new' customer rate under OH's name two years ago and then mine last year. No loss of service for any time.
Great to hear, pleasantly surprised to hear no loss of service. Did they send you a new router?
spuddy is offline  
Yesterday, 20:40   #5184
bmc58
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by okidoki987 View Post
Out of contract, you will be in a much better position to negotiate with them.
Should be able to get 9 months half price going on other posters here but might be a slog.
Have got this offer from VM for the past three years (due to loyalty) no problem.No name change needed.
bmc58 is offline  
Advertisement
Yesterday, 20:42   #5185
Seve OB
Registered User
 
Seve OB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 12,483
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBX View Post
Thinking of doing this. Recently married so possible now to get it in the Mrs name.
Are you full of old fashioned principles that your missus didn’t live with you till you got married ?
Seve OB is online now  
Yesterday, 21:28   #5186
ben.schlomo
Registered User
 
ben.schlomo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 7,679
Quote:
Originally Posted by spuddy View Post
Great to hear, pleasantly surprised to hear no loss of service. Did they send you a new router?
Ya you get completely new equipment, which is ridiculous. Last year I had to bring the old stuff to the recycling centre as they didn't get it collected. Awful wasteful.
ben.schlomo is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet