Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media Cancellation deals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

LanceStorm wrote: »
    I'm on TV/BB/Phone for 84.99 going up to 90, I went on to chat and asked to speak to the loyalty team.

Virgin Media Chat - I can see you are paying €85 monthly. It will go up to €90 next year. We can give a €15 off for 6 months if you'll keep the same services and sign a 12 month contract.

Me - thats not a great saving, is there anything better Virgin Media can offer?

Virgin Media Chat - I'm sorry if it is not good enough for you. Let me check with my supervisor. Please give me a minute or two.

Me - I would be happy with 6 months at half price then 6 months at full price as I have friends who have received this offer

Virgin Media Chat - I see. Let me check if we can get that.

Virgin Media Chat - Thank you for your patience. I have a good news for you! You can get a half price discount if we will put you to a new bundle. 240mb, Full House TV with Anytime Mobile for only €44.50 for 6 months, €94 after. This will be on a 12 month contract. How does it sound?

This took me from paying 1080 a year to 831, I can live with that, but I really do wish I didn't have to do this yearly dance...

I was offered 47 for 9 months and 94 for three. Did you push for 9? I did on the basis that another poster on here "my office colleague" got it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Where do people contact VM on chat ? don't use fakebook or anything like it ....don't fancy phoning and the wait

• Registered Users Posts: 6,760 ✭✭✭DopeTech

sonofenoch wrote: »
    Where do people contact VM on chat ? don't use fakebook or anything like it ....don't fancy phoning and the wait

Their contact us webpage on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭ahbell

I got 6 month half price this morning via live chat. Just mentioned that I had already signed up to Sky at €39 a month and that I wanted to cancel. He mentioned the cooling off period and gave me the 6 month offer and recontract for 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Caranica wrote: »
    I was offered 47 for 9 months and 94 for three. Did you push for 9? I did on the basis that another poster on here "my office colleague" got it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

Just off the phone. Got nowhere with live chat. Was offered six months at half price (BB & phone) €27.50 then €55 for six months. Tried to get nine months but no luck there :rolleyes:

I took it. I've got 14 days to change my mind.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Just off the phone. Got nowhere with live chat. Was offered six months at half price (BB & phone) €27.50 then €55 for six months. Tried to get nine months but no luck there :rolleyes:

What exactly is this for?
    Aka- is it a 240Mb package- and a full world phone package (not that any of us use the phone package they insist on selling us).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Was that ur first 6 months half price u got? Best they would give me for same package was 6months €15 off 6 months full

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

LanceStorm wrote: »
    I'm on TV/BB/Phone for 84.99 going up to 90, I went on to chat and asked to speak to the loyalty team.

Virgin Media Chat - I can see you are paying €85 monthly. It will go up to €90 next year. We can give a €15 off for 6 months if you'll keep the same services and sign a 12 month contract.

Me - thats not a great saving, is there anything better Virgin Media can offer?

Virgin Media Chat - I'm sorry if it is not good enough for you. Let me check with my supervisor. Please give me a minute or two.

Me - I would be happy with 6 months at half price then 6 months at full price as I have friends who have received this offer

Virgin Media Chat - I see. Let me check if we can get that.

Virgin Media Chat - Thank you for your patience. I have a good news for you! You can get a half price discount if we will put you to a new bundle. 240mb, Full House TV with Anytime Mobile for only €44.50 for 6 months, €94 after. This will be on a 12 month contract. How does it sound?

This took me from paying 1080 a year to 831, I can live with that, but I really do wish I didn't have to do this yearly dance...

I was lucky that when it came to renewing there was an offer for new customers of 55/mo for 12 months for BB/TV.

As an existing customer they couldn't offer it to me so I just had to go through with cancelling and to be honest it's not as much hassle as they make out.
    They've made it so easy to sign up now that we weren't without service at all and I ended up saving 400 for the year

judeboy101 wrote: »
    Was that ur first 6 months half price u got? Best they would give me for same package was 6months €15 off 6 months full

Nope, usually get the 9 months half price deal! Not this time!

• Advertisement

What exactly is this for?
    Aka- is it a 240Mb package- and a full world phone package (not that any of us use the phone package they insist on selling us).

Yes, that's the package we're on. We do use the phone though so handy to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Westwood

I haven't been notified yet and was told it would be the 22nd of November thus allowing me to give adequate notice 30 days so I can cancel before the Jan increase. I don't think I was going to be notified to be honest how were other people informed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Amouar

judeboy101 wrote: »

Same thing here :(

Amouar wrote: »

The rep tried that line with me too and I said no, too expensive. Go ahead and cancel. He then went off to see if he could get me a better deal :rolleyes: and came back with the 6 month half price offer.

Funny thing is when I got the email it says:

- €26.75 LOYALTY OFFER - 6 MONTHS HALF PRICE
    - €3.51 * Self-service discount applied

Promotional Monthly Charge €23.24
    Monthly Charge after all offers expire €49.99

So the price increase doesn't seem to have taken effect? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Bhangraman

The rep tried that line with me too and I said no, too expensive. Go ahead and cancel. He then went off to see if he could get me a better deal :rolleyes: and came back with the 6 month half price offer.

Funny thing is when I got the email it says:

- €26.75 LOYALTY OFFER - 6 MONTHS HALF PRICE
    - €3.51 * Self-service discount applied

Promotional Monthly Charge €23.24
    Monthly Charge after all offers expire €49.99

So the price increase doesn't seem to have taken effect? ;)

In the same boat, rep said email is wrong as it does not reflect price increase in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Vince086

Tried chatting today and was told there were no such offers. "There are no offers for current customers" Was looking to get 6 months half price and rest full price (would try and push for 9 months but not too much). 
    Any tips on getting the discount? Tried saying I was going to cancel but she was having none of it. 
    Last year and the year before it was easy enough. Will try again and hope for a different rep.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Did you ask to speak to someone in the loyalty team? The general customer care chat people are useless

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭finno

I just got half price for 9 months and the final 3 full price through
    the virgin media chat with the loyalty team

I'm on TV/BB & Phone 240MB HORIZON MAX AND ANYTIME WORLD

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

finno wrote: »
    I just got half price for 9 months and the final 3 full price through
    the virgin media chat with the loyalty team

I'm on TV/BB & Phone 240MB HORIZON MAX AND ANYTIME WORLD

Had you received the 9 month discount in a previous year or is this your first time getting the 9 month discount?

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭finno

Falthyron wrote: »
    Had you received the 9 month discount in a previous year or is this your first time getting the 9 month discount?

I got a 6 month discount before.
    I just said to them friends got 9 month deal and they spoke to the supservisor
    came back with that deal.
    At first they offered me 15 euro of for the first six months then i asked about the 9 month deal.

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭4real

chat is down?

its back up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Amouar

Whenever I ask the CS on chat to transfer me to Loyality team they tell me that they are offline/not available.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Whenever I ask the CS on chat to transfer me to Loyality team they tell me that they are offline/not available.

1890 940 251 - direct line to the Loyalty Team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dolallyoh

Got a mail saying they are killing off the self service discount.

image?u=%2Ffiles%2F2016%2F08%2F07%2F636061890358181684-1520289473_tumblr_oawm8c9eCQ1u5i578o3_r1_400.gif&ho=https%3A%2F%2Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net&s=193&h=0b42007fe6b22e0a52569d6b92b741a798a62cc3c93479e61c8add5daa63adfd&size=980x&c=2715011241

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭deep1

Just called them, took less than 10 mins to get 6 month half price.
    First offer was 15€ off for 6 month, refused it and asked for 9 month but best she offered me 6 month half price on 240 mb package.

It is 3 year in row getting half price with them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

same here

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭cargen

deep1 wrote: »
    First offer was 15€ off for 6 month, refused it and asked for 9 month but best she offered me 6 month half price on 240 mb package.

How much do you pay in total?
    I have BB 240 and phone and paying 45e at the moment. Going up by 5eu in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭deep1

cargen wrote: »
    How much do you pay in total?
    I have BB 240 and phone and paying 45e at the moment. Going up by 5eu in January.

I am paying 52.49€ at the moment and was told on phone going up to 57.49€.
    But email I got shows 24.49€ for 6 month and 52.49€ afterwards with self service discount.
    So no increase it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

deep1 wrote: »

i was similar except my bill for broadband only will go up from 55e to 60e in 6 months time, as they would want to move me to their new package

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Just after getting the same runaround too, I really don't fancy doing it by phone:mad: Looks like I'll have to unfortunately.

Advertisement