Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media Cancellation deals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

whats the best people getting for BB and phone? ta

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Leslie91 wrote: »
    I've made the jump... was with VirginMedia years too. My install is next week (fibre). Have no idea where/how they will get the Eir into the house, does anybody know?.. same route as VirginMedia?

Do you have a pre-existing phone line (even disconnected) coming into the property? It won't necessarily be the same route as the Virgin cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Got 6 months half price on chat after saying bill was too dear and I was looking at Eir - asked 1st chat guy to transfer me to loyalty, was stuck in a queue for a while but eventually got through - she offered me 3 months half price first but eventually gave me 6, wouldn't budge when I was pushing for 9 months half price - whole thing took 80 mins from start to finish including queue but was playing Xbox the whole time so wasn't a problem! :)

Saved about €270 in the end (currently paying 89 rising to 92 for broadband/tv/landline) might be faster over the phone but it's much easier to do calculations etc in your own time via chat and I find it easier to make my point via chat vs phone.

whats the best people getting for BB and phone? ta

33 for 6 months, 66 for 6 months for 360Mb unlimited broadband + world phone package on a 12 month contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭AH92

Contected them using chat, Only thing they offered me was a measly downgrade from my 360mb with phone packackage with no discount despite me mentioning the eir discount so I disconnected. For people who have used chat did you just ask to be put through the loyalty department? Might ask l that the next time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭sillysocks

AH92 wrote: »
    Contected them using chat, Only thing they offered me was a measly downgrade from my 360mb with phone packackage with no discount despite me mentioning the eir discount so I disconnected. For people who have used chat did you just ask to be put through the loyalty department? Might ask l that the next time.

Yep they gave me a crappy offer on the first chat page, I just said no and that o still wanted to cancel and that's when I got transferred to loyalty. A couple of times I tried for my Dad and they said loyalty wasn't available but I just said I'd try again and the following day I got transferred instead.

33 for 6 months, 66 for 6 months for 360Mb unlimited broadband + world phone package on a 12 month contract.

Just got confirmation e-mail- and have the 3.51 self service discount confirmed on it......... so thats 29.49 for 6 months, 62.49 for 6 months- on a 360Mb unlimited broadband and world phone package........ 176.94 + 374.94 = 551.88 for the year (or an average of 45.99 per month on a 12 month contract).

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭supue

Half price for 6 months on TV, 240Mb and phone. Over €200 saving for a 10 minute phone call

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

I got €32 for 6 months €64 for 6 months, no change in the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SEORG

Got €28.24 for 6 months and €60 per month on chat.360mb bb & phone...Tried for 9 but wouldn't budge. .

• Advertisement

I'm guessing there is an assumption that very few are going to fight for these offers- and they can afford to toss a few tidbits to us here- but they don't want to be seen to be giving in too easily. I've been a customer of the company- in its various guises, since 1993- I'm older than most of you here- unfortunately- that counts for absolutely nothing with the 'loyalty' team.........

Howandever- I'm satisfied with what I've been offered- satisfied, rather than particularly happy- but its at a level I was willing to hang off on moving elsewhere with..........

Personally- I can't wait for Serco to get better coverage up and running- they're supposed to cover North Kildare in the next 9 months or so- I'm keeping my eye out for a viable alternate.........

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭4real

they gave me a call, offering 15 e off for 6 months on TV,BB and phone and not willing to offer same discount if i cancel TV, not willing to talk 6 months or 9 months. I will call again have until the 21st.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭normakelle

I rang last week to cancel. Paying 74 for 120 mb broadband, 300 minutes landline/mobile and recordable max tv not horizon. going up 5 euro. My plan was to go to eir for broadband and phone and sky for tv, so 64 per month plus free tv. got offered 20 off two months, then 15 off for 6 months and then full price. I said no thanks and he put the cancellation through.

one week later I went on chat to see if they had any offers on the tv before I went to sky and she said maybe she could do something on the bundle and came back and said no I am on the cheapest bundle but said ring loyalty as she couldn't transfer me. I said I would leave it.

fast forward about three hours later got call from loyalty offering me 9 months half price and sky sports for 1 euro for 12 months. I thought it was too good to be true but sure enough got the email the next day so happy out with that.

So big thanks to whoever started this thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

I have 240 meg BB, tv medium pack and house phone.
    Chat last night told me there were no better deals so 70 odd was the only thing for me.

Rang 1908 option 4 to cancel. Explained times are tough ( they fecking are) and couldn't refuse the EIR deal. He offered me 6 months half price and then normal for 6 months. I upped it to the full house tv package and its now 44 for 6 months and 88 after.

So, still saved a bit and got more for my money. Will let the EIR offer pass I think

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Anyone still on existing half price offer? Is it time to jump ship.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭travist

Just got confirmation e-mail- and have the 3.51 self service discount confirmed on it......... so thats 29.49 for 6 months, 62.49 for 6 months- on a 360Mb unlimited broadband and world phone package........ 176.94 + 374.94 = 551.88 for the year (or an average of 45.99 per month on a 12 month contract).

Today I got an email that they are removing the self-serve discount.. so are you saying you have managed to maintain it for a year despite their upcoming change?

travist wrote: »
    Today I got an email that they are removing the self-serve discount.. so are you saying you have managed to maintain it for a year despite their upcoming change?

The e-mail I got confirming the order- makes no mention of it being removed in January. I was asked for my billing preference by the agent in the loyalty Department- and I emphatically stated I wanted paper billing- so god only knows what I'm going to get. One way or the other- I have the e-mail stating the monthly charges- so I have it in writing- and if they decide to yank the discount off me- that's it, I'm out of contract..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

Bookmarked.

I just signed up to a new deal 2 weeks ago & they’re already putting up the price. They also send me an email at 4:45 on a Friday so you don’t even have time to ring them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭JTMan

The e-mail I got confirming the order- makes no mention of it being removed in January. I was asked for my billing preference by the agent in the loyalty Department- and I emphatically stated I wanted paper billing- so god only knows what I'm going to get. One way or the other- I have the e-mail stating the monthly charges- so I have it in writing- and if they decide to yank the discount off me- that's it, I'm out of contract..........

Ditto. My email included the self service discount. If they bill me anything other than what is in the email then it is a breach of contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭garyskeepers

4real wrote: »
    it was and still is 30 day contract, you dont even have to give notice, just cancel the sim or port to another network.

Yeah i have a contract with the handset... but the service sucks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭mjp

Rang today threatening to cancel and spoke with customer loyalty dept. Will be paying 91euro for TV & broadband. First offered me 15euro off but said no, then half price 3 months refused and then offered 6 months half price after girl spoke with team leader. Refused that aswell saying that friend got 9months half price earlier in week. Girl checked with manager to see if could offer same deal but returned saying it wouldn't allow her apply it to my account. Been getting the 9 and 6 month offers for past 3 years and says system wouldn't allow her apply 9 month offers to my account. Settled on 6 month offering which wasn't the worst

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭McSween

On 31/10 i siges up to 15 off for 6 months (37.49) and full (52.49) for following.

I got the email about change - am i entitled to ring and negotiate again?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

McSween wrote: »
    On 31/10 i siges up to 15 off for 6 months (37.49) and full (52.49) for following.

No you have a 14 day cooling off period and this has passed. Your locked into the contract now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

McSween wrote: »

If you got the price change notification email after you agreed to the above discount you can try to negotiate a better deal or give your notice to cancel without penalty. Naturally you’d have to have received the price increase notice within the last 30 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Q&A

Am I right in thinking having received the change of contract email I have 30 days to break from VM otherwise I lock back into the contract, albeit at the higher price?

I had already negotiated a 6 months half price at the end of September (only kicked in in November)*. My first thought when I received the email was to see out the 6 months at half price then look for another discount/move to cheaper provider. However, from reading on here it sounds like I've only 30 days to decide? Contract law is not my strong point :P

*Just to be clear the conformation email included the self-service discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

mjp wrote: »
    Rang today threatening to cancel and spoke with customer loyalty dept. Will be paying 91euro for TV & broadband. First offered me 15euro off but said no, then half price 3 months refused and then offered 6 months half price after girl spoke with team leader. Refused that aswell saying that friend got 9months half price earlier in week. Girl checked with manager to see if could offer same deal but returned saying it wouldn't allow her apply it to my account. Been getting the 9 and 6 month offers for past 3 years and says system wouldn't allow her apply 9 month offers to my account. Settled on 6 month offering which wasn't the worst

I settled for the same on Friday. She said the only way to get 9 months half price was to move up to a higher package so not worth it to me. I did it through chat and used the details in post 1032 for bargaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

Q&A wrote: »
    Am I right in thinking having received the change of contract email I have 30 days to break from VM otherwise I lock back into the contract, albeit at the higher price?
    Yes, that’s it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Q&A wrote: »

I had already negotiated a 6 months half price at the end of September (only kicked in in November)*. My first thought when I received the email was to see out the 6 months at half price then look for another discount/move to cheaper provider. However, from reading on here it sounds like I've only 30 days to decide? Contract law is not my strong point :P

*Just to be clear the conformation email included the self-service discount.

If you went on chat or phoned up and negotiated a deal and received the email stating a new contract change with a discount you only have 14 days only to cancel or the contract is locked in. (Cooling Off Period)

If you received the price increase mail or mail for removal of the self service discount and you haven't rang up to negotiate from the date of the mail received you have 30 days to cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I have just switched to the eir B.B. and phone deal through bonkers.ie. I couldn’t find the deal on eir site so was afraid it was gone!!
    Now I just need to find best deal on getting Saorview/freeview. Any recommendations? Thanks

• Advertisement

Have tried my hardest with Virgin.

Best I can get is 6 months half price, so €576 for the year for 360Mb/s or €530 odd for 240Mb/s.

Eir would be €400 including Eirsports, but I'm kinda concerned about the limit now that i'm back with Netflix and have 4k streaming.

Advertisement