Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media Cancellation deals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

Had recently cancelled (due to finish 10th Dec) and after few days of cancelling luckily checked because they had no record of it .Asked Friday for email confirmation .
    Got call on Saturday to ask me to stay .I stopped him and said I wouldn’t accept anything less than 9mths and quoted Eir and told him I wasn’t worried about speeds. He’s sof no problem I’ll give you 9mths .1 min later comes back and says so that 6 mths will be at ?? I said no you said 9mths he said I can’t give you 9mths only 6. I said I won’t budge and will switch to Eir.He said ok sorry
    2mins later he rings me back to say good news I can give you 9mths and it will €29.50 per month .I said no half of what I’m paying with increase will be €27.50 .i Told him I look forward to speaking with him next year he started laughing .
    They really are chancers .
    My advice stay firm and you’ll get 9mths (this is my 3rd year in row

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

ando wrote: »
    I Sympathies with your experiences, I personally only just had a week long battle with them, but common man, using a torrent to share a video, only asking for trouble when there are SO many other ways to do it!

Not many free places that allow you upload a 4 hour long video. Presumably full quality so well in excess of 4gb.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭ja1986

Hey guys not sure do any of ye know but I was ringing to pay a bill and the switchboard said there was a price chamge happening in Jan for 3 euro or 3.50. I went through to cancellations and she offered me 6 months half price and ,6 months full. I declined because I have received 9 months half price for the last three years. So my cancellation has gone through.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭VeryRapidSkoda

Rang them earlier and would only give me 6 months half price. They said the system does not allow for 9 months now and they can only give me 6 months.
    So I just said 9 months or cancelling, they said no so I cancelled... just a waiting game now to see if they call back.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭DermoMIO

Well that’s a first I rang there to cancel due to the 3.50 increase & only offer I was given was to not be charged the 3.50 for 12 months. Went ahead with the cancellation…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Received the price increase mail a couple of weeks back now - $50 going up to $55 - was on to them on Saturday on live chat - not budging from their best offer of 40 per month for 6 months then 55 even though quoted the 35/40 per month offer from Eircom - will be interesting to see if I do get a call back! However had a 9 month half price deal(only paid full price last 3 months) last year and 6 month half price the year before - the live chat agent even said "We are a business and come back again next year for a deal!"

Service has been shocking from them for the last few weeks with outages etc - looking forward to giving Eir a try(even though some of their customer service stories are terrible - same as virtually every ISP in the land!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Just out of interest, how many ppl here have been able to get the Sky Sports or Phone €1 deal added when renegotiating your contract? Has anyone tried and been refused?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Just out of interest, how many ppl here have been able to get the Sky Sports or Phone €1 deal added when renegotiating your contract? Has anyone tried and been refused?

I tried, albeit not too hard, I was on online chat and asked could they add Sports for. Euro. She said they couldn't do that and she'd have to transfer me to sales to see if I was eligible but to be honest I was fed up at that stage so said no!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Sappy404

sillysocks wrote: »
    I tried, albeit not too hard, I was on online chat and asked could they add Sports for. Euro. She said they couldn't do that and she'd have to transfer me to sales to see if I was eligible but to be honest I was fed up at that stage so said no!

Thanks. I was offered 6mths half price on the phone but when I inquired about the Sky Sports I was told it's online only, and then that it was just for new customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭CGI_3

Got half price on the 240meg and phone for 6 months. I made the point that SIRO were in my area, and I could get digiweb or VF for 45 per month, albeit only 150meg, no phone, neither of which bother me. They relented.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭King Cantona

Got half price for 6 months on BB 240MB and 55 / month after. For anyone interested, the also offered half price for 6 months on the upgraded speed BB(360 MB)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭bromley52

Got half price for 6 months on BB 240MB and 55 / month after. For anyone interested, the also offered half price for 6 months on the upgraded speed BB(360 MB)

I just got the same. The agents on the 061 number are so much nicer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭droidman123

bromley52 wrote: »

061?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

bromley52 wrote: »

Could you post (or PM) the 061 number please?

Need to ring them one of these days and going through the annual routine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭rocky

I got the mobile 5 euro for 5 months offer, got sent a SIM and apparently they can't apply the offer to my existing Virgin Mobile number. Time to switch I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭droidman123

Cancelled on the 17th nov because i was only offered a half ass deal,signed up with eir,who were due out for installation on the 8th dec.rang the 061 number this morning to see what the last chance saloon had in store,i got the 6 months at half price,goodbye eir

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭looperman1000

Sorry if this was answered...! How long do you have to be with them before you can ring up asking for a deal?

I have been paying just the €50 odd a month since the end of 2016 for just broadband...don't have a phone and not interested...same with TV, don't have...and don't want.

I have the Limitless 240Mb package.

TIF

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭deathtocaptcha

rocky wrote: »
    I got the mobile 5 euro for 5 months offer, got sent a SIM and apparently they can't apply the offer to my existing Virgin Mobile number. Time to switch I guess.

what happens if you switch to a prepay network temporarily for a day and then switch to back virgin?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Sorry if this was answered...! How long do you have to be with them before you can ring up asking for a deal?

I have been paying just the €50 odd a month since the end of 2016 for just broadband...don't have a phone and not interested...same with TV, don't have...and don't want.

I have the Limitless 240Mb package.

TIF

You're a paying customer who is out of contract. You're as entitled as any of the rest of us to call them up.

Good luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭looperman1000

Thanks Mountjoy Mugger...was thinking that was the case :D

• Advertisement

what happens if you switch to a prepay network temporarily for a day and then switch to back virgin?

Not sure, isn't there a minimum period you have to be with your current network before they'll allow you switch? I'm moving to three anyway.

Goes to show I should have switched to another network when the 5 euro/month deal ended, but I was lazy

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭4real

rocky wrote: »
    Not sure, isn't there a minimum period you have to be with your current network before they'll allow you switch? I'm moving to three anyway.

Goes to show I should have switched to another network when the 5 euro/month deal ended, but I was lazy

How do you know that you cannot switch back to the same virgin network, did you try this yourself or were you told by VM that it cannot be done?

4real wrote: »
    How do you know that you cannot switch back to the same virgin network, did you try this yourself or were you told by VM that it cannot be done?

Yes I contacted them over chat, guy checked with "backoffice people" and came back with "compu'er says no..." (Applying the 5 euro/5 months to my existing VM number). On the plus side, seems there's no limit to how many numbers can be ported with this offer - I now have 4 mobile numbers showing up in my VM account. I started the switch to 3 for 2 of them. Will see if I can port back to VM in a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭CGI_3

I did the chat thing yesterday, they said they didn't know, but to chance SIM sending out anyway. Called today on receipt of SIM, computer says no. Asked if I temporarily moved, and ported back, they said it would be flagged. Told them to cancel the new SIM.

Next best offer might be eir at 20 per month for 6 months. 400 mins, unlimited texts, 10G of 4G.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭noble00

Hi can anyone give me the 061 number I'm going to give it one more shot

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭emy

noble00 wrote: »
    Hi can anyone give me the 061 number I'm going to give it one more shot
    I use the Chat option and all went well. I think this is the no.061 272190

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭fungie

Got the email today about price change. My contract is up mid January, can I get a new deal (say half price for 6 months) now or do I have to wait?

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭garyskeepers

does any of this affect the virgin media mobile package? I'm dying to get out of THAT contract ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭bromley52

fungie wrote: »
    Got the email today about price change. My contract is up mid January, can I get a new deal (say half price for 6 months) now or do I have to wait?

You don't have to wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭4real

does any of this affect the virgin media mobile package? I'm dying to get out of THAT contract ?

it was and still is 30 day contract, you dont even have to give notice, just cancel the sim or port to another network.

Advertisement