Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media Cancellation deals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

superg wrote: »
    There doesn't appear to be an option to change the method of payment for me.

I'm sick and tired of this annual dance but they are the only show in town for me so my only option is to make sure i get value for them removing the self serve discount. As soon as another fibre service is available for me I'll be switching.

Hover over "My Bills & Payments" menu
    Choose "Change my billing options
    Then you should see a button next to payment method that allows you to change the billing

If it's not there, than you unfortunately will have to deal with them over the phone/chat to get it changed. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Log Into You Account Hover over "My Bills & Payments" menu Choose "Change my billing options Then you should see a button next to payment method that allows you to change the billing

If it's not there, than you unfortunately will have to deal with them over the phone/chat to get it changed. Good luck.

Yeah it's not there. Just tells me direct debit and no option to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭kindalen

Amouar wrote: »
    Is it your first time getting 6 months half price?

Nope, got it last year. Just outlined the Siro option and others. Really had to push though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

ceekay74 wrote: »
    Taken from another thread...

https://siro.ie/siro-sky-partnership/

VM better think again about how they treat their current customers.

Now that puts the cat among the pigeons... Pity it isn't available to me. I can pretend it is..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

Could another adult in your house sign up as a new customer?

I got back with Virgin last week, reactiviating my a/c. I dropped down from 100 channels to 50, and from 360mb to 240mb. It saved a few more quid.
    Went with the 3 months/9 months offer and a few extra quid off from the Loyalty team. So TV ractivated.
    They were to ring me his week to sort out the equipment issue and ddn't so I rang them. While on the phone to Loyaly I asked was there any better deals this week and got 6 months half/6 months full price!!! But on the reduced channels/bb speeds.

Crazy, no logic to it all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭torrevieja

Do u not have to send an Email that your cancelling your contract ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

torrevieja wrote:
    Do u not have to send an Email that your cancelling your contract ?

They told me on the chat that I just had to ring in

jca wrote: »
    Now that puts the cat among the pigeons... Pity it isn't available to me. I can pretend it is..

Eir offered me 1000mb in naas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

I am now out of contact looking for a deal. Wow there prices have gone way up.

The thing is my present deal is still better than any new customer deal

I pay €70 for basic tv and 240mb BB
    New Customer after 6 Months is 84WTF?

I am better off just staying on what I have, even with the price increase.
    Unless I am missing somthing that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Howz the Eir Broadband? seriously thinking of switching from UPC...

There current offer is €35 for 6 months and than € 40, It's a 12 months contract and also € 50 cashback for 100mb, it also includes eir sport. We have two smart phones, One PC and a smart telly which I would Lan connect it...I think 240 Mb is overkill for us.

Any folks who use Eir, can they recommend?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,968 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

jay0109 wrote: »
    I got back with Virgin last week, reactiviating my a/c. I dropped down from 100 channels to 50, and from 360mb to 240mb. It saved a few more quid.
    Went with the 3 months/9 months offer and a few extra quid off from the Loyalty team. So TV ractivated.
    They were to ring me his week to sort out the equipment issue and ddn't so I rang them. While on the phone to Loyaly I asked was there any better deals this week and got 6 months half/6 months full price!!! But on the reduced channels/bb speeds.

Crazy, no logic to it all.
    I just got off phone and after much arguing got 240mb broadband and tv - for 47 euro for 6 months and 6 months for 94 and a new hub - but it was like a running battle to get it...horrible customer service!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭droidman123

I cancelled with virgin last friday,there only offered me some half assed deal.just signed up with eir this minute,i just hope their broadband is up to scratch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭pigtail33

I'm currently on 240mb Broadband and phone package @ €52.50 pm, going up to €56 in Jan. I tried getting a discount on their online chat, but was told as I had half price for 4 months dating back to September last year, they couldn't help and to ring loyalty. A 10 minute chat with loyalty and I got the half price for 6 months, then full price for the next 6. Had to turn down two 'deals' of €10 off for 3 months and then €15 off for 6 months to get it. She was quite pleasant, no hard bargaining required.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

gmisk wrote: »
    I just got off phone and after much arguing got 240mb broadband and tv - for 47 euro for 6 months and 6 months for 94 and a new hub - but it was like a running battle to get it...horrible customer service!

My contract is up on the 4th December.
    I think I'm just going to cancel- and get whatever the hell I can get elsewhere- I don't need the stress of fighting with this shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Just got an email for €5 for 5 months Mobile. I did it before and found coverage terrible in work. I am off work now though.
    I plan on leaving Virgin though. If I sign up for mobile while still with Virgin can I still get €5 for 5 months

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SEORG

Millem wrote: »
    Just got an email for €5 for 5 months Mobile. I did it before and found coverage terrible in work. I am off work now though.
    I plan on leaving Virgin though. If I sign up for mobile while still with Virgin can I still get €5 for 5 months

Do they use the 3 network for mobile?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 kelly52

Well I think Virgin Media prices for broadband is too high where are they going with their prices they are going to have everybody cancelling if they don't lower their prices

Eir offered me 1000mb in naas.

1000Mb? Is there an extra '0' in there?
    If Eir have gigabit BB at a reasonable price, I'm outa here.......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Got offered €15 off pm for 6months on 240mb bb only contract. Got 6months half last yr. I'm afraid to go with eir as they only do 100mb and have heard of contention issues in area. Should i hold out see if they phone me back or have they stopped chasing ppl who give 30 days notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

SEORG wrote: »
    Millem wrote: »

Do they use the 3 network for mobile?
    I don’t know but it was desperate. I moved back to lycamobile after 4 months. My husband had no problems with it. I was with tesco prior to Lycamobile and again had no issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Benzino

Do you have to ring them now? I was able to get a deal o from them previously via their web chat, but was told today I need to ring their loyalty department, which is a bit of a pain as I'd have to step out of the office.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Benzino wrote: »
    Do you have to ring them now? I was able to get a deal o from them previously via their web chat, but was told today I need to ring their loyalty department, which is a bit of a pain as I'd have to step out of the office.

Web chat for me today still took half hr start to finish, can't imagine how long phone would take.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,024 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I'm torn. Currently paying €70 for 240mb + 56 channels + phone. Had 6 months at €40. If I stay at at the same deal they'll give me 6 months at €60 and 6 at €75 so €810 all in.

If I upgrade the TV to 100 channels they'll give me 9 months at €47 and 3 at €94 which is €705.

Should be a no brainer but if I go to Vodafone I get a slower Internet but the TV I have now more or less for €680 all in.

Part of me wants to change as 2 fingers to Virgin for this annual increase but my instinct is even with the massive last three payments compared to the €70 I'm currently paying, the 100 channel upgrade is the way to go?

Sky not an option as I'm in an apartment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Did anyone get a letter about price changes? I just realised I was on paper billing when this thread started

Did anyone get a letter about price changes? I just realised I was on paper billing when this thread started

Nada here- by either post/e-mail or any other method (aside from this thread).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,319 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Yeah, I got the following email this afternoon...

Hello Dastardly00,

Our Self-Serve Discount will be removed from January

We are making some changes to our discount policy and wanted to let you know that our Self-Serve Discount will be removed. This means that you will no longer get the €3.51 discount you currently receive per month for being registered for My Virgin Media. This change will take place on your first bill after 1st January 2018.

What happens next?

We really hope you’ll go on enjoying your Virgin Media package, however, if you want to cancel, you can do this any time, without any penalty or cancellation fees by giving us 30 days notice, simply give us call on 1908. The information in this communication is correct as of 27th September 2017 so if you have made any changes to your account since this date, this may no longer be relevant for you.

To find out more simply visit virginmedia.ie/change.

Yours sincerely,
    Michael Mc Carthy
    VP Customer

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭ceekay74

Bargaining chip for ringing VM...

Right now, you have the opportunity to take up Ireland's cheapest broadband and phone bundle.

That's right. All you have to do is speak to a switching expert on 1800 844 435 or request a call back by clicking here.

What's the offer?
    Ireland's cheapest broadband and phone bundle
    UNLIMITED Broadband (with speeds up to 100MB)
    Includes Line Rental
    UNLIMITED Local & National Calls
    €24 per month for the first 6 months, and €50 per month thereafter*
    PLUS €50 Cash-Back^
    New Customers Only

https://www.onebigswitch.ie/campaigns/pure-telecom-broadband-offer/plans?utm_campaign=BCL_2017_BROADBAND&utm_content=20171120&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=OBSIR&utm_term=energytextoffer

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭ninty

Quote pure telecom offer from the one big switch of €24 for the first 6 months then €50 for 6 months for broadband and phone and you might get the 6 months half price

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

I'm on TV/BB/Phone for 84.99 going up to 90, I went on to chat and asked to speak to the loyalty team.

Virgin Media Chat - I can see you are paying €85 monthly. It will go up to €90 next year. We can give a €15 off for 6 months if you'll keep the same services and sign a 12 month contract.

Me - thats not a great saving, is there anything better Virgin Media can offer?

Virgin Media Chat - I'm sorry if it is not good enough for you. Let me check with my supervisor. Please give me a minute or two.

Me - I would be happy with 6 months at half price then 6 months at full price as I have friends who have received this offer

Virgin Media Chat - I see. Let me check if we can get that.

Virgin Media Chat - Thank you for your patience. I have a good news for you! You can get a half price discount if we will put you to a new bundle. 240mb, Full House TV with Anytime Mobile for only €44.50 for 6 months, €94 after. This will be on a 12 month contract. How does it sound?

This took me from paying 1080 a year to 831, I can live with that, but I really do wish I didn't have to do this yearly dance...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mickoneill31

ninty wrote: »
    Quote pure telecom offer from the one big switch of €24 for the first 6 months then €50 for 6 months for broadband and phone and you might get the 6 months half price

That pure offer is for 18 months. So it's 12 at €50

Advertisement