Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid19 Part XIX-25,802 in ROI (1,753 deaths) 5,859 in NI (556 deaths) (21/07)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

How do you know what I wish?

Turn of phrase, but as I said your position falls asunder when you realise there is another separate state on this island who have their own government and policies. Inconvenient I know but a fact none the less.
    As of today visitors from 39 countries can arrive in N.Ireland with no quarantine requirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

One thing that needs to happen though is stopping tourists coming here on flights from countries where it's rampant. The wife has family over here from Flagstaff which is in a state full of Covid. Her cousin, the husband, 2 kids and 3 adults from their extended family. The wife showed me one of their Facebook things and she has anto mask videos up. And of course they're down in Glendaloch today having arrived on Wednesday and Guinness store house tomorrow. No self isolating at all. Can't be having that ****e. If the risk of someone catching it in their own country is much higher than here. Then they shouldn't be here now.

Not trying to be funny but did ye try to warn them off coming here? Know it shouldn't be your responsibility but think people need to let any people planning to come here know the lay of the land. Without self-isolating they really aren't welcome here. Sounds harsh but have to put health of country first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

jojofizzio wrote: »
    Not all....I’m a healthcare worker working “on the frontline “ since this kicked off and have never been tested...

That seems remiss given the numbers of health care workers infected. Have you queried it with your line manager, maybe there is an administrative error? Have your colleagues been tested?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,964 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

That seems remiss given the numbers of health care workers infected. Have you queried it with your line manager, maybe there is an administrative error? Have your colleagues been tested?

It’s come from the line manager,whose line manager it’s come from etc.....none of my colleagues (who work in the sector I do) have been tested..
    And my colleagues working on wards in one of the biggest hospitals in the country haven’t been tested either....(different line manager/reporting line)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,142 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Can you name who these people are rather than referring to this mystery cult

No I won’t make it personal tbh. You know who I allude to.
    Your safe enough citizen your fairly informative and fair with your observations.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

So before the testing of nursing homes etc kicked off again, on June 26th so 2 weeks ago we took roughly 3,000 swabs that day, on the 26th we had 3 deaths and 11 cases.

In the last 24hrs,
    Tests conducted last 24 hours = 9329
    Positive test results last 24 hours = 21

An additional 10 cases for an over an additional 6,000 tests. We've increased testing and finding roughly an additional 10 cases per day from when we were doing a third of the tests we are now.

More you test more you find, can only be a good thing.

Thanks for doing the Maths on that

Then today's numbers are actually better than they were at the end of June

Anyone who can't see that needs to go back to School

• Registered Users Posts: 39,658 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Thread is gone full Trump.

We only have cases because we are testing.

Stop testing = no cases.

Instances of the virus is on the rise, it's pretty simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Boggles wrote: »

Stop testing = no cases.

It's also gone from discussing Covid to discussing 'cults' and other posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,638 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

tom1ie wrote: »
    No I won’t make it personal tbh. You know who I allude to.
    Your safe enough citizen your fairly informative and fair with your observations.

Thank god I thought I’d be culled!!!

Jay Dee wrote: »
    Hi,

Sorry for the delay, I just made the connection,.. What does " hello " mean,.. !!!!!
    Didn't see it at all !!!.

Anyway, can you point me, to where the figures are county based ??

Thanks

Jay

All county data is available here Jay.
    https://covid19ireland-geohive.hub.arcgis.com/

• Advertisement

It’s come from the line manager,whose line manager it’s come from etc.....none of my colleagues (who work in the sector I do) have been tested..
    And my colleagues working on wards in one of the biggest hospitals in the country haven’t been tested either....(different line manager/reporting line)

This is crazy.

It's also gone from discussing Covid to discussing 'cults' and other posters.

All we’re trying to do is #MakeIrelandGreatAgain #MIGA

#Plumb2020

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Stop testing = no cases.

Our rate of positives was very low anyway though and has clearly gone lower as the poster has outlined. In the likes of Texas they were never that low

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

I work with an NGO, disability services. We work closely with HSE home help. None of our or their staff or users have ever been tested as a matter of routine. Also a nursing home employee I spoke with yesterday told me that they haven't had a test in weeks and there's no routine testing scheduled for them in coming weeks.

Micky 32 wrote: »
    No it wasn’t a silly post it’s fact pandemics come and go, . The word “go” is key. I have seen other hysteria posts from you in the past.

I thought you were joking with the smile.

They come and go for sure, how many lives they take and how much economic hardship they cause are not so certain. I'm sure that if this thing gets beyond control and further recks the economy there won't be anybody admitting to laughing.

Hysterical, well thats just your opinion and is sexist BTW. I can't say that I recall you having anything you have ever posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Only up to a point, testing costs money. Resources have to be sensiblely used.

Tests cost about €200 each https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/covid-19-tests-cost-the-state-200-each-says-taoiseach-1.4264130

If people avail of testing it means a better handle on who is infected and who may be spreading, at least this way it can help nip it in the bud before it gets worse. If left unchecked it would cost the state more in hospital bills with more people infected and needing medical care. More people infected also means more chance of another lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Thanks for doing the Maths on that

I get your point but it's not that simple. The bottom line remains that cases have increased and the virus still has the potential to spread further.
    "We have more cases because we test more" reminds me of a very unreliable source across the pond.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

s1ippy wrote: »
    I work with an NGO, disability services. We work closely with HSE home help. None of our or their staff or users have ever been tested as a matter of routine. Also a nursing home employee I spoke with yesterday told me that they haven't had a test in weeks and there's no routine testing scheduled for them in coming weeks.

And a relative working in a nursing home here has been tested several times. Strange.

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    And a relative working in a nursing home here has been tested several times. Strange.

Likewise here. Friend of ours is tested regularly in a local nursing home.
    My father is a healthcare worker in a large hospital and has never been tested.

Jesus. The frontline testing sounds all over the place (albeit I’m judging that on a small sample ie a few posters on this thread)

• Advertisement

I get your point but it's not that simple. The bottom line remains that cases have increased and the virus still has the potential to spread further.
    "We have more cases because we test more" reminds me of a very unreliable source across the pond.

Don't compare us to that clown show Jim, you know better

There's so many asymptomatic cases that you could test 50,000 Irish people tomorrow and the positivity rate will probably still be in or around 0.2%

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Santy2015

My father is a healthcare worker in a large hospital and has never been tested.

Non medical workers wouldn't get tested unless they requested it.

Stop testing = no cases.

That's not what's been said at all

That's how you're conceiving what's been said

• Registered Users Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Santy2015 wrote: »

House parties have been going on since the start. Timed to give people a scare for this weekend I would think. Seems to be a common theme to give a scare at the weekends.

If his issue is house parties I'm not sure how exactly you stop them.

Let see what next week brings but current case numbers wouldn't be justification to push it back. If its pubs, covid doesn't exactly know the difference between a €9 meal and no meal, anywhere not following the guidelines has been given their scare

Maybe, there were cases or suspected cases in that home or in someway associated with it.

I guess if there is a need to be tested once, then it needs to be repeated a few times at regular times, until two full cycles of the virus has passed or something along those lines.

That's not what's been said at all

That's how you're conceiving what's been said

Really? If you told me the post below was a tweet from the great man himself I would believe you. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Glad to hear it about the nursing home testing going on. The employee I spoke to worked in a facility where there were never any cases of covid detected. They were one of the first homes tested back in April. Staff at the facility have reportedly been crying out to their manager to retest in the past few weeks.

I've also regularly emailed the group I worked for throughout this noting the urgency for testing of staff and users of our agency. We go from house to house so huge risks of spreading. I wrote to the Irish Times about it as well when they had a public appeal but I don't believe it was published.

Santy2015 wrote: »

A phrase I've learnt since March is "soft drop"

It's when the Government intend to do something but get the media to leak it first to soften the blow with the public

That looks like a soft drop and to be honest it mightn't be a bad thing.

For a week or two now (in some cases longer) people are behaving like we've eradicated it from the country

• Advertisement

tom1ie wrote: »
    Jesus. The frontline testing sounds all over the place (albeit I’m judging that on a small sample ie a few posters on this thread)

And unreliable data in that small survey too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement