Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This week's EV bargain that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

Gorgeous colour. Car is too early for AP1 which is unfortunate. Note there was a white dealer P95 on sale for 32k with AP1 and everything else in this car but 85k miles earlier in the month.

It is still on deposit taken after two weeks https://www.derbyprestigecars.co.uk/used-cars/tesla-model-s-e-p85d-515kw-cvt-4x4-5dr-derby-202008313138590

I still think this is a great bargain and someone should grab it. I have the dealer’s direct number and he sent me the full service history. So can put you in touch if you want it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

jhegarty wrote: »
    2014 P85 with only 60k miles.

Good spec but no AP.

£30,150

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202009224064141

I would give up AP1 for the performance, in fact I did :)
    That’s a nice car and I suspect the color is nicer in the flesh than in photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,964 ✭✭✭✭unkel

AP1 has gone to sh1t with the constant nagging since some software updates in Europe.

Gumbo wrote: »
    I would give up AP1 for the performance, in fact I did :)
    That’s a nice car and I suspect the color is nicer in the flesh than in photos.

I dunno about that. I tried a heavy foot today and got queasy pretty fast :eek: I can only imagine what a P would be like :D. My next car will have to be a PDL in the latter half of this decade.

unkel wrote: »
    AP1 has gone to sh1t with the constant nagging since some software updates in Europe.

Did you update to 36.1?

Oh wait you don't have AP :P

• Advertisement

garo wrote: »
    Did you update to 36.1?

Oh wait you don't have AP :P

The loaner I had for 2 days last week (with latest software) was a 2016 pre facelift with AP1. Used it a good bit and the nagging was just stupid, followed by a very swift banning for the rest of the trip if you didn't comply. I wish I had the AP1 hardware though, it would make OP cheaper to install and better. Zero nagging, no hands on the steering wheel required at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭drumm23

Do the AP2+ cars nag as much as the AP1 cars?

How about the FSD cars, would they nag less again?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,534 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

drumm23 wrote: »
    Do the AP2+ cars nag as much as the AP1 cars?

How about the FSD cars, would they nag less again?
    They nag the exact same. It's not a software or hardware issue , it's crappy EU legislation.
    If you drive the same exact car in the US you could go several minutes without being nagged.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Notch000

il logged in looking for bargins, what i found was 6 yr old cars for 30K , right im heading back to the bangernomics thread

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

ELM327 wrote: »
    They nag the exact same. It's not a software or hardware issue , it's crappy EU legislation.
    If you drive the same exact car in the US you could go several minutes without being nagged.

Oi Nigel, blame the right organisation, it's a UNECE regulation not an EU one :D

• Advertisement

Notch000 wrote: »
    il logged in looking for bargins, what i found was 6 yr old cars for 30K , right im heading back to the bangernomics thread

A €3-4k Nissan Leaf (which I have posted regularly in this thread - easy to find if you bothered to look) will cost you less in total cost of ownership than any car you can find in the bangernomics thread (which used to be my favourite thread on boards until the era of EVs). Even if you got it for free

Not sure how you got in this thread in the first place, you obviously do not want to learn about EV bargains and you obviously don't want to or need to save money

Adios

• Moderators Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Notch000 wrote: »

There's a difference between a bargain, and a bangernomics car.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭drumm23

thanks - that's really interesting - that kind of argues against paying for FSD ... because in truth you have to actually jiggle the wheel a bit quite regularly anyway .... pretty annoying from the regulators :(

Paying €7k or thereabouts for FSD in Europe is insanity, unless you really expect it to fully work in the next few years here (two chances) or unless it's your living making money from YouTube videos (nearly all YT'ers went for the most expensive performance Model 3 with FSD)

drumm23 wrote: »
    thanks - that's really interesting - that kind of argues against paying for FSD ... because in truth you have to actually jiggle the wheel a bit quite regularly anyway .... pretty annoying from the regulators :(
    Yes, completely not worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭80sDiesel

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

80sDiesel wrote: »

Lots of options ticked on that car, would be a great car with a big chunk of depreciation knocked off for someone to own for many years.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,941 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Mad_lad must have been convinced when he test drove the ID.3 :D

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

That's pretty sweet. For someone who doesn't know these, it's the latest 42kWh battery for an WLTP range of 310km (from memory)

These were €36k new for the base model with zero extras. A well specced one year old for that sort of money is good going. Private sale, difficult times. He's not going to refuse €29.5k cash, is he?

Deposit taken seemly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

These were €36k new for the base model with zero extras. ?

Add €10k to that for this one.

Thats a stunner !

• Registered Users Posts: 33,143 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Thats a stunner !

It is, but still a 4 seater? Rules out a lot of families.

NIMAN wrote: »
    It is, but still a 4 seater? Rules out a lot of families.

Deffo depending on the numbers.
    I ran my i3 for nearly 2 years. Same spec as that only the 33 kWh version but mine had sun roof.

Great cars and even better city cars. Parking and nipping in and out of little gaps in traffic was a breeze. I have to think about the gaps now in the MS :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,599 ✭✭✭zg3409

2020 38kWh Ioniq for urgent sale.

Also 2014 outlander phev. Same family, urgent sale

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1602716789969603?view=permalink&id=2697886937119244&anchor_composer=false

You may need to join Facebook group to view

zg3409 wrote: »
    2020 38kWh Ioniq for urgent sale.

Also 2014 outlander phev. Same family, urgent sale

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1602716789969603?view=permalink&id=2697886937119244&anchor_composer=false

You may need to join Facebook group to view

The owner used to be a regular poster here. Nice guy, I met him in early 2017 when we both just got our classic Ioniq 28kWh. Hopefully the reason for his selling is that he is moving back to the country where he is from (and not some adverse circumstances). The car is on finance though, so beware. It's a pity he doesn't mention the price. But I doubt it's a bargain. Smart move to offer it for sale on facebook - that place is full of people who pay way over the odds for stuff

And sold now.

The owner used to be a regular poster here. Nice guy, I met him in early 2017 when we both just got our classic Ioniq 28kWh. Hopefully the reason for his selling is that he is moving back to the country where he is from (and not some adverse circumstances). The car is on finance though, so beware. It's a pity he doesn't mention the price. But I doubt it's a bargain. Smart move to offer it for sale on facebook - that place is full of people who pay way over the odds for stuff
    From personal experience he's going to find it hard to sell a car on finance in ireland privately.

EDIT I can't seem to see the link on facebook. It looks like a group I am block from. Is it the counter group "irish ev owners" as opposed to the ievoa?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,941 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

From personal experience he's going to find it hard to sell a car on finance in ireland privately.

EDIT I can't seem to see the link on facebook. It looks like a group I am block from. Is it the counter group "irish ev owners" as opposed to the ievoa?

How does that work anyway? I'd assumed the seller needs to pay off the finance deal with the proceeds from the car and make up any shortfalls out of their own pocket. Can the buyer take over the finance instead?

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Advertisement

How does that work anyway? I'd assumed the seller needs to pay off the finance deal with the proceeds from the car and make up any shortfalls out of their own pocket. Can the buyer take over the finance instead?
    Not sure buyer can take over finance in Ireland

How it works is seller gets letter from finance company with "settlement amount". Buyer sends the settlement amount to the finance company and sends the rest to the seller (if there's any)

Advertisement