Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This week's EV bargain that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,107 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Leaf, asking €3,995. I doubt the seller would say no to €3,500 cash

YzY2Zjc1ODQ5ODg5ZTNiYWM1ZTRmNjQ0NTIzN2YxOGYfek0s6-H--tUpYFgZR78QaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTYxNjA4Mzh8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Linky

Both cables included so if your budget is tight, you could sell the granny cable separately for about €150 to shave a bit more off your initial outlay

I'll likely be in the market for a cheap EV in about a years time and this is exactly what I'd pick up for a second family car for local trips that will be cheaper to own and run than a petrol or diesel banger that someone gives you for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

unkel wrote: »

YzY2Zjc1ODQ5ODg5ZTNiYWM1ZTRmNjQ0NTIzN2YxOGYfek0s6-H--tUpYFgZR78QaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTYxNjA4Mzh8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Linky

Both cables included so if your budget is tight, you could sell the granny cable separately for about €150 to shave a bit more off your initial outlay

I'll likely be in the market for a cheap EV in about a years time and this is exactly what I'd pick up for a second family car for local trips that will be cheaper to own and run than a petrol or diesel banger that someone gives you for free.

What would the range be on this?

Likely about 60-70km real life (less on motorways at the speed limit or in bad / cold weather)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

You could be looking at as low as 40 miles or less.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭September1

What is meaning of offering "cash" when buying a second hand car from private buyer? Is it about using physical cash vs wire transfer? Or some private sellers offer PCP?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,703 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

September1 wrote: »
    What is meaning of offering "cash" when buying a second hand car from private buyer? Is it about using physical cash vs wire transfer? Or some private sellers offer PCP?

Being there in front of the seller and pulling out an envelope of cash and saying I have €3500 here right now. You take it and I’ll take it.

The seller then has to weigh up the risk of saying no and waiting another day, week or month or longer for another buyer to come along and take the car.

If the seller is smart, they’ll know the car market, know when an offer is genuine and worth taking instead of waiting.

Gumbo wrote: »
    Being there in front of the seller and pulling out an envelope of cash and saying I have €3500 here right now. You take it and I’ll take it.

The seller then has to weigh up the risk of saying no and waiting another day, week or month or longer for another buyer to come along and take the car.

If the seller is smart, they’ll know the car market, know when an offer is genuine and worth taking instead of waiting.

Exactly. The only tactic to get the car for less money than the seller would have otherwise accepted - short of putting a gun to their head :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭McGiver

KCross wrote:
    The BMS update was done. It was down 4 bars!!

That's the catch. Was going to ask what catch was. :)

Means the SOH is in the range of 70 - 77.5%

If I go with 75%, that comes at roughly 19 kWh usable which is an equivalent of L24 with ~10% degradation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Celticfire

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Is that price not a bit steep for a car with 2 bars gone?

I sold a 4 year old 24kWh with 1 bar gone for not much more than that 2 years ago.
    KCross wrote: »
    I know everything! :)

Just look back over the thread... its been for sale a while. Its been discussed before. I suggested he get it done

I originally priced this car after asking on the forum it's worth and it was valued at the time more than I'm asking for now even with 4 bars down. I got the software update (thanks KC) and regained 2 bars and reduced price by 500. I don't pretend to be an expert on pricing so that's why I asked for the advise. I reckon if I was in Dublin I'd have a better chance of selling.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,675 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

That 11KK leaf was in merlins not so long ago.

• Advertisement

You sure? There was another blue 11KK Leaf for sale on DD not long ago alright, but I think that might have been another one?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,814 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Half thinking of selling our Leaf for Ioniq 38 (not bothered on charging speed at rapids) but jazuz, there's nothing out there in terms of great value

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,675 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

You sure? There was another blue 11KK Leaf for sale on DD not long ago alright, but I think that might have been another one?
    Yup, same numberplate

slave1 wrote: »
    Half thinking of selling our Leaf for Ioniq 38 (not bothered on charging speed at rapids) but jazuz, there's nothing out there in terms of great value

Do you really need significantly more range than your L30? If not, I wouldn't bother. Haven't seen a good value Ioniq 38 yet. And doubt there will be any (from the UK) before the end of the year. GBP is really weak though, so keep an eye out anyway.
    ELM327 wrote: »
    Yup, same numberplate

That's interesting. Wonder why it's up for sale again. You know how much it went for?

Do you really need significantly more range than your L30? If not, I wouldn't bother. Haven't seen a good value Ioniq 38 yet. And doubt there will be any (from the UK) before the end of the year. GBP is really weak though, so keep an eye out anyway.

Not really range, just conscious of end of the year impact on imports and weak GBP at the minute

Yeah, last chance saloon for importing UK cars alright. Maybe you could get a good deal on a nearly new L40? Or do you want to move away from CHAdeMO?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,050 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Yeah, last chance saloon for importing UK cars alright. Maybe you could get a good deal on a nearly new L40? Or do you want to move away from CHAdeMO?

I expect there'll be a general price jump in new cars as well, since a lot of our cars come from the UK and dealerships will have to fill out a ton of paperwork next year. No doubt they'll be happy to pass that cost along to us customers :(

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

I expect there'll be a general price jump in new cars as well, since a lot of our cars come from the UK

Not for much longer, I expect almost all car manufacturing in the UK to stop unless there will be some sort of deal. Clever Brits, like turkeys voting for Christmas :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Casati

I expect there'll be a general price jump in new cars as well, since a lot of our cars come from the UK and dealerships will have to fill out a ton of paperwork next year. No doubt they'll be happy to pass that cost along to us customers :([/quote

Aside from paperwork anything manufactured in the UK will see import duty applied- so your Leaf will be quite a bit more expensive

Not bothered about CHAdeMO, it's never been an issue ever regarding charging. Leaf is the second car in the house so rarely goes more that 60kms from home so almost exclusively home charged last year+.
    I do fancy the Ioniq, I was going to get a Classic when they came out but I am 100% never going to buy a car that does not have remote APP.
    I also love the adaptive cruise control now we have the Tesla, will never get another car without it.
    I'm thinking an Ioniq 38 would be a life purchase almost given their battery reputation (and I've no issue with the 50 rapid charging rate given it's a second car...)
    Still a few months, bought some sterling at 0.92 odd so in no rush

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,050 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Casati wrote: »
    I expect there'll be a general price jump in new cars as well, since a lot of our cars come from the UK and dealerships will have to fill out a ton of paperwork next year. No doubt they'll be happy to pass that cost along to us customers :([/quote

Aside from paperwork anything manufactured in the UK will see import duty applied- so your Leaf will be quite a bit more expensive

Well mine's second hand, so maybe it'll go up in value :)

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

I do fancy the Ioniq, I was going to get a Classic when they came out but I am 100% never going to buy a car that does not have remote APP

Funny you say that. Not so sure what the added value is of a remote app for a second family car that is only used for local trips. Pre-heating? Can be done in Ioniq too, but only if the car is plugged in and only on schedule (not activated remotely)

Having an app would be just about the last item on a wish list for any car for me :p

All about pre-heating before leaving work and the odd morning it's not plugged in at the house

Ah ok. Would it be that much bother to just remember to plug the car in during cold weather? And even at that, I hardly ever used pre-heating in Ioniq. Takes less than a minute for the 7kW heat pump to heat the cabin up. And how cold does it get in Ireland? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭BigAl81

slave1 wrote:
    All about pre-heating before leaving work and the odd morning it's not plugged in at the house

Are you sure the app is available in Ireland. I don't think it was recently anyway.

No I'm not, fek!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Facelift one is a sweet find. The newer gen front seats have significantly better support and fit although the view out the rear is not great because of the oversize rear headrests.

A lot of car for your GBP35k = just over €38k now, plus some money to get it here. With a bit of luck a low VRT bill that might even be refunded upon appeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭DM1983

Couldn't agree more. This is a brilliant feature on cold winter mornings. Heated cabin, heated seats and heated steering wheel is a real luxury on a cheap Leaf!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

What's the general pr general vrt price for imprinting a 2016/2017 model s... I know revenue only have 1 model up fon the website so isn't a great help

Advertisement