Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This week's EV bargain that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,462 ✭✭✭eagerv

Casati wrote: »
    They’ve gone up in price haven’t they - think they were circa 38/39k new two years ago? 32k is over 80% value retained - if they get it

Yes they have gone up, would be interesting to see what they can be bought for though. The one I saw last Sunday at €42.5K was metallic but didn't have the dual colour option.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,085 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Someone in here bought one for 30k a few months ago. That would be my target price in a private sale

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

unkel wrote: »
    With a VRT bill likely below a grand (before or after appeal)

@jhegarty - would a car like this not change your mind back to getting used Model S instead of new Model 3?

Vrt calculator comes out at 4k for the only available option on the website, I know Elm said his was 2k, how likely are revenue to quote the 4k on a car like this

Also is the 100 pound deposit refundable if not happy with car

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

You might get hit with a 4k bill, write a letter of appeal and get some money back.

AFAIK the 100 pound deposit is non-refundable but can be applied towards a different car if you change your mind. I could be wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,790 ✭✭✭✭listermint

slave1 wrote: »
    A signed detailed contract with proof of sale, payment amount and passing over of ownership, verified addresses and identity of both parties.
    If you don't see how something like that would be of use then good luck with your private sale.
    We're not talking short change here...

The only thing that would provide is a copy of the invoice date for VRT for example . Outside of that you are pissing in the wind. Your logbook contains all previous owners for whatever use that is.

Your contract would be worthless in court. in fact it sounds like something you picked up off a crap car website and have roled with it ever since.

Ive purchased every single car ive ever owned privately all of them, last two in the UK.

But look if it makes you feel better to fill out then fire on doing it as you have. Just be clear, it is of no protection to you.none.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

We'll just have to agree to disagree there bud!

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭September1

listermint wrote: »
    Your contract would be worthless in court. in fact it sounds like something you picked up off a crap car website and have roled with it ever since.

Are you Boris Johnson? Written contract is now worthless in court as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

With a VRT bill likely below a grand (before or after appeal)

@jhegarty - would a car like this not change your mind back to getting used Model S instead of new Model 3?

I am fixed on a SR+ Model 3 at this stage. Just waiting for battery day to decided timing.

I can wait a while if there is good stuff coming. If not I order after the call.

Battery day? Some Tesla announcement coming?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,096 ✭✭✭✭KCross

garo wrote: »

Yup, Tuesday.

garo wrote: »

Next Tuesday night.

If you believe the rumours the model 3 is getting a bigger battery , power liftgate and the heat exchanger from the model y.

There also talk for the SR+ going to be replaced by a long range rwd , with a small price bump.

Of course we all learned after the cybertruck not to try and predict what Tesla is going to do.

September1 wrote: »
    Are you Boris Johnson? Written contract is now worthless in court as well?

It's not a written contract there's no witnesses. It's just a downloaded template off the internet. Wouldn't get anywhere in court and easily argued away.

Very pointless but makes someone feel warm and cuddly that's grand.

Anyone taking serious advice like this should avoid it. If you want an actual contract then get an actual contract and legal advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Written contract is now worthless in court as well?

Which court? In Ireland or in the UK?
    You'd be trying to take a civil case against a possible UK citizen, from outside the UK. The UK won't even be an EU member in a few months.

I've imported, as have many others, but people are itching to pull the trigger on the next bargain UK Model S - grab it quick, it'll be gone in a flash etc.

10s of thousands, transferred to UK accounts instantly & irrevocably, buying a high end car, sight unseen. Can people not see the risks here? Especially from 1st time purchasers, caught up in the hype of bargain, time limited, never to be repeated, bargain Model S?

Just be careful guys - losing €40k due to a previously crashed/cloned/outstanding finance/Tesla banned car etc. would destroy anyone.

Very good deal here, Tesla CPO 2017 Model S 75 facelift, 2 year warranty with FSD for just GBP36,400

Linky

This won't hang around. If you're in the market, buy it quickly...

Gone.

To a boardsie :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Gone.

Best of luck to the purchaser :).

No issue with buying from Tesla directly, or a main/reputable dealer etc., still good deals to be had, which unkel helpfully posts here.

Just 4/5/6 year old, UK Model S imports though - nothing else worth buying, really :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,666 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Thanks, did you pay that after appealing or was that the first price the they told you.

Have imprinted cars before so am familiar with the process, its jus that tesla info is very vague and ambiguous when it comes to vrt
    First price, didnt bother appealing as it was lower than what I was expecting!

Kramer wrote: »

Just be careful guys - losing €40k due to a previously crashed/cloned/outstanding finance/Tesla banned car etc. would destroy anyone.

Most of these things can be checked through paying for a full car check and by getting full service history from the seller.

But I agree it is safest to buy from Tesla directly and then from a dealer and only in last instance a private seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Gone.

Keep us updated. I considered it, would love to get one before the end of the year.

I wonder is it possible to get the cars shipped to Belfast yet? That would be very handy.

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    I wonder is it possible to get the cars shipped to Belfast yet? That would be very handy.

Nope, not yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭September1

listermint wrote: »
    It's not a written contract there's no witnesses. It's just a downloaded template off the internet. Wouldn't get anywhere in court and easily argued away.

Very pointless but makes someone feel warm and cuddly that's grand.

Anyone taking serious advice like this should avoid it. If you want an actual contract then get an actual contract and legal advice.

So any contracts signed without being witnessed are not enforceable via courts?

Kramer wrote: »
    Which court? In Ireland or in the UK?
    You'd be trying to take a civil case against a possible UK citizen, from outside the UK. The UK won't even be an EU member in a few months.

I've imported, as have many others, but people are itching to pull the trigger on the next bargain UK Model S - grab it quick, it'll be gone in a flash etc.

10s of thousands, transferred to UK accounts instantly & irrevocably, buying a high end car, sight unseen. Can people not see the risks here? Especially from 1st time purchasers, caught up in the hype of bargain, time limited, never to be repeated, bargain Model S?

I think using a contract for sale does not allow to stop being diligent and careful. I think even if contract is witnessed it is best to be in situation where there is no need to go to court.

Nope, not yet

Put this in the tesla talk but it's relelvant here also, hopefully the part about belfast is correct

Hi All

Put the 100 pound down on a CPO tesla in the UK and have a few questions

In one of the emails i was told i could collect the car from one of the following locations:

Your car can be collected from one of the following Tesla delivery locations:
    · London Dartford

· Birmingham

· Bristol

· Leeds

· Manchester

· Edinburgh

However, when i put in my parcel motel address, i was given the option of collecting from Belfast, so hopefully this isn't a mistake and means that going forwards, we can collect from there and save the hassle of a day trip to england.

Also, in the link with the photos, there are a few scuffs or scratches, do tesla repair them or tidy them up before i collect the car.

If putting down such large sums, i'd like to think they'd retouch things like this.

That’s great news, also saves on flight/ferry costs

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Put this in the tesla talk but it's relelvant here also, hopefully the part about belfast is correct

Hi All

Put the 100 pound down on a CPO tesla in the UK and have a few questions

In one of the emails i was told i could collect the car from one of the following locations:

Your car can be collected from one of the following Tesla delivery locations:
    · London Dartford

· Birmingham

· Bristol

· Leeds

· Manchester

· Edinburgh

However, when i put in my parcel motel address, i was given the option of collecting from Belfast, so hopefully this isn't a mistake and means that going forwards, we can collect from there and save the hassle of a day trip to england.

Also, in the link with the photos, there are a few scuffs or scratches, do tesla repair them or tidy them up before i collect the car.

If putting down such large sums, i'd like to think they'd retouch things like this.

I heard recently that Tesla changed from a complete refresh of the CPO cars (which included wheel refurb, replacement of any worn or damaged bits) to a more traditional xx point check. They don’t fix anything that you’d expect on a car of that age and mileage.

Best to check before collection so your not surprised. Also no harm asking or mailing them to let them know of the scuffs and ask them.

That CPO change to normal xx point check is a good year+ at this stage.
    Only thing I’d say is generally Tesla owners take care of their car, my personal dislikes is over washing at a garage washer, all those swirls, uuugggggh

That CPO change to normal xx point check is a good year+ at this stage.
    Only thing I’d say is generally Tesla owners take care of their car, my personal dislikes is over washing at a garage washer, all those swirls, uuugggggh

https://electrek.co/2018/04/11/tesla-stops-refurbishing-used-cars/

So any contracts signed without being witnessed are not enforceable via courts?

I think using a contract for sale does not allow to stop being diligent and careful. I think even if contract is witnessed it is best to be in situation where there is no need to go to court.

You even quoted me.

"Anyone taking serious advice like this should avoid it. If you want an actual contract then get an actual contract and legal advice"

The end.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202009214001169

Private sale 2014 S 85 with Air sus. 122.5k miles. 27,750 GBP. Nice to see the 27 handle again. Not the best bargain ever but hopefully a harbinger of better things to come in this price bracket.

Not the best bargain. You said it :p

Base car in white without AP1 and with 200k km for the guts of GBP28k in a private sale, no warranty. I wouldn't.

• Advertisement

2014 P85 with only 60k miles.

Good spec but no AP.

£30,150

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202009224064141

Advertisement