Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

The new traunch of direct-from-America American-celebrity-endorsed ads.

Like the one with the swimmer guy for... Talkspace?

And another one with a woman for... something :confused:

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

Or they noticed a typo and it was cheaper to put out a press release than edit the ad.

Suddenly reminded me of Toast of London doing voiceover bitparts :D

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,076 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I think Tommy O'Canary's move into more commercial pop music has backfired. He has sold out.

Someone debated on here whether his earlier songs were catchy, and all I'll say is I was at a stag last year and broke into the 'it's colourless, it's odourless, it's hard to detect..." classic. Right craic :D

Back to annoying ads though, those chaps that refuse to come in for dinner in the Dolmio ad are back, and they really need a kick up the hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭blackvalley

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    I just hate it because you'd never have a match on a hill like that. Also, the opposition are useless!

You obviously never played on " Stars of Erin " Glencullen old pitch :D . They have a fabulous new one nowadays .

Ditto ones that use 'talking babies'... it's creepy, not cute.

Worse multiplied by thousands are ADULTS talking like babies . Im talking about the Haribo sweets add .
    Its been mentioned on this thread already but deserves ridicule .
    Cringefest . :eek::eek:

• Advertisement

The coffee ad is back, where some people drink a bit of instant coffee and then have a dance off in a laundrette.

I didn't get that at all about the cycling. I saw it as she could not continue learning and having the car. I will give you she could have had a better bike

That's because you don't have the "precious me" mentality. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

You obviously never played on " Stars of Erin " Glencullen old pitch :D . They have a fabulous new one nowadays .
    Only said that to my sisters the other night!

They could have saved themselves a fortune by just cutting the grass on the old field, moving the sheep and playing ball!

Surprised given that so much of Stepaside, Kilternan and the surrounds have been built on massively with little or no planning that the same didn’t happen here, but that’s a thread for somewhere else.

Great memories of Playing there and watching my Dad and sisters play there too. Good times

ckeego wrote: »
    Only said that to my sisters the other night!

They could have saved themselves a fortune by just cutting the grass on the old field, moving the sheep and playing ball!

Surprised given that so much of Stepaside, Kilternan and the surrounds have been built on massively with little or no planning that the same didn’t happen here, but that’s a thread for somewhere else.

Great memories of Playing there and watching my Dad and sisters play there too. Good times

Sorry for dragging the topic a little bit sideways but I have to agree with you . Probably over thirty years ago since those great times . Most unique pitch where BOTH ends were uphill . A defenders dream .
    We travelled there every season during the junior league at a time when " getting a black " referred to your eye rather than a card . No place for the faint hearted .
    Great matches , great shimozzles and great sessions afterwards in Johnny Foxes . Lovely part of the world. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,498 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Gen.Zhukov wrote: »
    I like aunt Viv.

Each time she visits, she keeps an unaccompanied L driver off the road.

[IMG][/img]a-viv.jpg

Schoolboy error there Allianz.

Good point - could so easily have been done by having an N plate instead of L.
    (A) is largely true.
    A look at the cycling forum would confirm that.

Assuming that the posters of the cycling forum are representative of cycling is just as foolish as assuming that the posters here are representative of TV viewers in general.
    Elmo wrote: »
    I would consider it in relation to League of Ireland rather than in relation to Leitrim Football, or in relation to Irish Cricket or Basketball. In terms of popularity and funding. FAI really should try to use that privilege a bit better.

The ad is as bad as the AIB Minors ad.

That's all a bit convoluted for me, tbh. I just don't quite get why someone within the GAA family would be worried about ladies teams getting additional outside funding for a while?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭Archeron

Back to annoying ads though, those chaps that refuse to come in for dinner in the Dolmio ad are back, and they really need a kick up the hole.

What do you want?
    It's dinnertime!
    NOOO!
    Okay, fine, starve you little ****ehawk. I'm locking the front door at eight, if you're not home you can sleep in the bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,315 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

halifax using one of my favourite oasis songs stand by me, ruined by overplaying

Have just seen the Paddy Power Cheltenham ad for the second time, I think I managed to shut it out the first time. Utter utter tripe. Bordering on the offensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,344 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

That new paddy power ad. Awful.

How the hell did they sanction this

• Registered Users Posts: 15,344 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Just for further info

It’s an overly long ad showing a footballer (Peter crouch) getting dressed in boxer shorts while horse racing commentators give updates and comments on his appearance

Then he goes into his sitting room to watch racing and Ruby Walsh is on the tv big smarmy grin encouraging Irish people to bet money on him

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

Paddy power ads are rubbish.
    But the insurance ad about the chip on the windscreen is awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,283 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

tv3tg4 wrote: »
    But the insurance ad about the chip on the windscreen is awful.

Isn't that one of those ads that portrays the man as being stupid and the wife as a genius?

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Whestsidestory

Have just seen the Paddy Power Cheltenham ad for the second time, I think I managed to shut it out the first time. Utter utter tripe. Bordering on the offensive.

Shocking....running commentary on how ugly he is.You'd wonder how he and his wife would go along with this , it's one thing sending yourself up a bit but this is ridiculous. He is probably the best looking person in the ad....maybe that's supposed to be the joke?
    Imagine if this was about a woman!!

Shocking....running commentary on how ugly he is.You'd wonder how he and his wife would go along with this , it's one thing sending yourself up a bit but this is ridiculous. He is probably the best looking person in the ad....maybe that's supposed to be the joke?
    Imagine if this was about a woman!!

Precisely, even if he is ok with this, it's not an acceptable way to talk about a human being.

Isn't that one of those ads that portrays the man as being stupid and the wife as a genius?

I'd give them a pass on this because I think they're trying to sell us a family, and the first advert showed the daughter to be clumsy and messy. I loved that advert because I am a total clutz. But growing up it was always "boys will be boys" and girls were just "careless". I think they're showing us a "like father like daughter" thing and I can get behind that. It's refreshing to see a girl shown in a role like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

Its4women ad.

Daughter leaving house goes to the 'key fob bowl' - picks up one of two similar fobs. Stands at her car pressing the button while her ma's car is flashing and chirping behind her and she doesn't cop it.

The ma comes out: 'You've taken the wrong fob again. That's the seventeenth time this month'

'Oh I know, I'm a ******* ditz. If only there was a way to tell the difference'.

'Yeah, don't know what would work, it's a hard one to figure out'.

Neither should be allowed to drive on a public road.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Tim76 wrote: »
    Jaysus, the "just a snog" Maltesers ad is back - haven't the people of Ireland suffered enough!

It's still going....i fücking hate it. So the cow thinks it's ok to steal her friend's necklace. Then she breaks it. She then tells her friend about it just so she can brag that she snogged some tit. She flicks several maltesers on the ground for the cleaning staff to clean up. Then her stupid friend just wants to know if they fücked.....and she really really wants to know, for some perverted reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭MfMan

Zak Flaps wrote: »
    It's still going....i fücking hate it. So the cow thinks it's ok to steal her friend's necklace. Then she breaks it. She then tells her friend about it just so she can brag that she snogged some tit. She flicks several maltesers on the ground for the cleaning staff to clean up. Then her stupid friend just wants to know if they fücked.....and she really really wants to know, for some perverted reason.

For a long time, I thought she says at the start, 'Remember that knickers I borrowed...' !

Zak Flaps wrote: »

That ad should be banned, not just for the annoying tone, but because of the willful destruction of Malteasers.

It's my personal belief that act in itself should be banned and carry heavy penalties. Never mind not paying your TV License, imagine having to explain to your boss or spouse that you were summoned to court because you were seen willfully destroying Malteasers? Maybe a heavy fine plus the shame would be enough to deter people from doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

That ad should be banned, not just for the annoying tone, but because of the willful destruction of Malteasers.

It's my personal belief that act in itself should be banned and carry heavy penalties. Never mind not paying your TV License, imagine having to explain to your boss or spouse that you were summoned to court because you were seen willfully destroying Malteasers? Maybe a heavy fine plus the shame would be enough to deter people from doing.

There's an odd trend in Maltesers ads that they choose to destroy them rather than eat them in the ads themselves.

Gen.Zhukov wrote: »
    Its4women ad.

Daughter leaving house goes to the 'key fob bowl' - picks up one of two similar fobs. Stands at her car pressing the button while her ma's car is flashing and chirping behind her and she doesn't cop it.

The ma comes out: 'You've taken the wrong fob again. That's the seventeenth time this month'

'Oh I know, I'm a ******* ditz. If only there was a way to tell the difference'.

'Yeah, don't know what would work, it's a hard one to figure out'.

Neither should be allowed to drive on a public road.

Imagine the uproar if it was two men though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭Acosta

****ing VHI ads. All of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

Imagine the uproar if it was two men though.

If you're saying what I think you're saying (on this special day) - my post would have been the same if it were two men.

It's a stupid badly/lazily written ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭trashcan

Has anyone mentioned the Courage v Fear ad yet ? What a load of our shi ite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭irs

More creepy ad's for broadband with people smiling at each other through screens like it's some cool new way of living and that you don't need to leave the house as long as you have amazon prime.

Advertisement