Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

That Snickers ad. Flipping hate that ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

crazy 88 wrote: »
    Mam,mom,mum used all over Ireland

Yes..and i fcuking hate it...and "awesome" "like".....do they teach the kids to use those words, only noticed lately...:mad:

Anyway...if ever i go to do my washing and theres 20 hipsters having a party and drinking coffee....i'll be on the news.....:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭crazy 88

Yes..and i fcuking hate it...and "awesome" "like".....do they teach the kids to use those words, only noticed lately...:mad:

Anyway...if ever i go to do my washing and theres 20 hipsters having a party and drinking coffee....i'll be on the news.....:P

I'm from the country and have used mom all my life. Know loads of people who do and mum also. Exceptions to "mam" are very common and not down to the type of influence that I think you're suggesting

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Car ads. I feel like flinging the remote at the TV every time I hear "zero emissions" for an eV.

Ever notice how cross over / 4x4s are usually depicted on a mildly undulating gravel road that you could go on in ANY car. Basically saying that we don't trust the car to do anything that's actually difficult off road.

Driver of car is universally good looking, modern in dress with some uber modern house to park in. No 1980s net curtains anywhere.

Its a strange thing to get upset about

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭MfMan

Andrewf20 wrote: »
    Car ads. I feel like flinging the remote at the TV every time I hear "zero emissions" for an eV.

Ever notice how cross over / 4x4s are usually depicted on a mildly undulating gravel road that you could go on in ANY car. Basically saying that we don't trust the car to do anything that's actually difficult off road.

Driver of car is universally good looking, modern in dress with some uber modern house to park in. No 1980s net curtains anywhere.

I have antipathy to the foreign-made car ads that show left-hand drive automobiles with generic Irish number plates.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

You mean the hipsters or the 60 year olds that suddenly have a "mom" and not a ma,mam,mum etc.:P

That ad for " prettylittlething".... where all the women are supposed to be super sexy & the clothes highly desirable-- gotta say that's an awful ad...just doesn't work

That ad for " prettylittlething".... where all the women are supposed to be super sexy & the clothes highly desirable-- gotta say that's an awful ad...just doesn't work

That ad is woeful! But the girl straddling the toilet cistern just makes me ask... "Why?"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,000 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Personally I cant stand the word mum and it's used way too much in advertising. They could always use the more neutral "mother".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Andrewf20 wrote: »

They're more fashion 4x4s than proper rufty tufty 4x4s.

A 4x4 for those who don't need a 4x4 for anything more extreme than picking up children and shopping and driven by the kind of driver who drives it up the Sally gap in a snow shower and gets stuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭hkjohn

You mean the hipsters or the 60 year olds that suddenly have a "mom" and not a ma,mam,mum etc.:P

"Mom" is one of the most nauseatingly whiny of all the many nauseatingly whiny Americanisms

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

any thread on adverts you like?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

guitarzero wrote: »

Here we go again with more finger wagging from our sage post-pubescent tree warriors! WE GET IT! Everyone stop driving your f*cking cars, opening fridge doors for too long and leaving the kitchen light on! Her voice drives me up the wall, stop talking through your nose!!! Stop saying mooar!!!

Jaysus is there anything worse than a greasy corporation capturing the latest trendy thing (climate change seems to be the trendiest right now) and ****ing as much out of it as possible.

And those (like moooar lady) the cause seemingly oblivious to this abomination.

If I could pinpoint what is wrong with the world today, that would have to be vying for the top spot.

Literally the corporate world ****ing the woke world. Predator AIB looking for the fresh woke meat Climate change is basically that ad.

Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

fryup wrote: »

Yes. Not terribly active though.
    https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057010966/1/#post85906568

The Cheltenham ad is really annoying me.

Speedsie wrote: »

would have been fairly active many years ago I imagine. It's quantity not quality when it comes to ads these days

The Cheltenham ad is really annoying me.

which one?

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

Was watching Eurosport last night, during the ad break every single advert was either for gambling sites or credit financing type ads. No coincidence I'm guessing.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

Tim76 wrote: »
    Was watching Eurosport last night, during the ad break every single advert was either for gambling sites or credit financing type ads. No coincidence I'm guessing.

Sponsoring TV shows and "funny" ads -but have to say all gambling as ads are as bad as each other..

• Advertisement

crazy 88 wrote: »
    which one?

The one with two commentators following a lanky muppet with his lucky shorts through his gaff. Think its for paddy power.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

That Swappie ad. With the girl who dipped herself in ink.

The one with two commentators following a lanky muppet with his lucky shorts through his gaff. Think its for paddy power.

That's Peter Crouch, and yes the ad is desperate.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Speedsie wrote: »

time to revive it then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The Peter Crouch ad. The line about breeding is crass. Imagine saying it about a woman.

None whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

The Seachtain na Gaelic’s ad with Imelda May’s pidgin Irish “poetry”. Awful, how is her spoken word salt of the Earth stuff a thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

spookwoman wrote: »
    The avonmore ad used weather sponsorship where she goes into the fridge moaning because of the names on items. Anyone who has worked and has a shared fridge knows the reason why you put your name on food, because some cheap tight arse thinks everything is theirs to eat, like her.

Hate that ad too. She’s the kind of person who’d leave a gas hob on or the door wide open after going to work.

It’s giving me serious house share bad memories.

The Seachtain na Gaelic’s ad with Imelda May’s pidgin Irish “poetry”. Awful, how is her spoken word salt of the Earth stuff a thing?

"The irish for pyjamas is pighamigi. Seachtain na Gaeilge is a great time to learn a new irish word".

If I learn a new irish word every year at Seachtain na Gaeilge, I'm eventually be fluent by my 1000th birthday. Its a good strategy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,435 ✭✭✭StevenToast

I despise paddy power and all bookmakers...

The englishness in the ladbrokes ad disgusts me....where the "nation" plays...

What nation???...get the f*ck out of it....

Ruby walsh is a painful little prick aswell....

Id love to see these gambling ads banned.....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

Advertisement