Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭trashcan

I won't hear a bad word said against Paul McGrath. But yeah, the ad is horrific.

The sauce is actually ok. Got a bottle last week to try it and had it with some chips. Perfectly acceptable. The Ad is a bit cringey, but it’s Paul McGrath, so........

Don't like the new carbon monoxide canary ad, in his house with I assume his teenage daughter.
    The other ads I didn't mind so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

Don't like the new carbon monoxide canary ad, in his house with I assume his teenage daughter.

I was surprised that the word "Poxy" featured in it, but apart from that, as a Banjo player myself, I'm a fan.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

The new tune on the carbon monoxide ad isnt anywhere near as catchy as the last one

Yep, it’s no “Get yourself a carbon monoxide alarm”. :cool:

• Advertisement

scotchy wrote: »
    I was surprised that the word "Poxy" featured in it, but apart from that, as a Banjo player myself, I'm a fan.

Funny my husband was asking me too "Is "poxy" allowed now?" I had never thought of that one as a swear word at all.

trashcan wrote: »
    Yep, it’s no “Get yourself a carbon monoxide alarm”. :cool:

"Don't forget to clean your chimney ONCE A YEAR!"
    Not as catchy at all at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Aoife Dooley is the teenager.
    Can't stand the woman.

fussyonion wrote: »
    Aoife Dooley is the teenager.
    Can't stand the woman.

Didn't know that, but I wouldn't be a fan either.

"Don't forget to clean your chimney ONCE A YEAR!"
    Not as catchy at all at all.

Chim bel eee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,964 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Probably mentioned a hundred times already...but the Allianz car insurance ads,which are repeated ad nauseum lately
    A swift kick up the rear end to Mr.”It’s a chup” and his equally irritating petulant daughter who hates “awmt” Viv....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

jojofizzio wrote: »
    Probably mentioned a hundred times already...but the Allianz car insurance ads,which are repeated ad nauseum lately
    A swift kick up the rear end to Mr.”It’s a chup” and his equally irritating petulant daughter who hates “awmt” Viv....

:eek:...."that's a daughter"...........:P

• Registered Users Posts: 28,538 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Its funded relative to attendances and interest.The women have as much to grieve about as athe Leitrim hurlers, so they can make it about gender all they like

Do you think maybe the attendances and interest might be connected to the historical low levels of funding? It's interesting to note the fragility of the male egos at any kind of leveling out of historical privileges though.

Not the smartest marketing approach to alienate the many cyclists out there with the tired old message that
    a) cyclists are geeks
    b) people only cycle when they don't have access to a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

I like aunt Viv.

Each time she visits, she keeps an unaccompanied L driver off the road.

[IMG][/img]a-viv.jpg

Schoolboy error there Allianz.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,856 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Muahahaha wrote: »
    The new tune on the carbon monoxide ad isnt anywhere near as catchy as the last one

The old one wasn't catchy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,717 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Gen.Zhukov wrote: »
    I like aunt Viv.

Each time she visits, she keeps an unaccompanied L driver off the road.

[IMG][/img]a-viv.jpg

Schoolboy error there Allianz.

Who says she was unaccompanied. Seems just 1 car so maybe the father brings her. That's a bit like the dublin cycling club who got offended as she looked unhappy on a bike

• Registered Users Posts: 10,717 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Do you think maybe the attendances and interest might be connected to the historical low levels of funding? It's interesting to note the fragility of the male egos at any kind of leveling out of historical privileges though.

Not the smartest marketing approach to alienate the many cyclists out there with the tired old message that
    a) cyclists are geeks

I didn't get that at all about the cycling. I saw it as she could not continue learning and having the car. I will give you she could have had a better bike

• Registered Users Posts: 15,856 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

a) cyclists are geeks

(A) is largely true.
    A look at the cycling forum would confirm that.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I would consider it in relation to League of Ireland rather than in relation to Leitrim Football, or in relation to Irish Cricket or Basketball. In terms of popularity and funding. FAI really should try to use that privilege a bit better.

The ad is as bad as the AIB Minors ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

She goes from an English to a nordie accent as well, ah love aunt Viv, I hate awnt vav

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,344 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

The Sunday World ad is cringey. It's like trying to sound like a hard man in Dublin but without the substance.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭hkjohn

trashcan wrote: »
    The sauce is actually ok. Got a bottle last week to try it and had it with some chips. Perfectly acceptable. The Ad is a bit cringey, but it’s Paul McGrath, so........

Given the level of acting PM pulls off in this godawful ad, you can understand how come he never won that many penalties as a player...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

Washing machine tablets must rank at the top as a genre..

1. Theodore and his mommy Vogue

2. Perf with Surf with Z celebrity Dani Dyer

3. To top all worst ads of all time The Walk off the Earth band singing for Ariel “Put the pod in the bottom of the drum..” FFS

Noticed this last night. Cadbury's "There's a glass and a half in everyone"

Should it not be "There's a glass and a half in every one"

As said before the new Coca Cola ad is nauseating.

And the Snickers ad with your man screaming is pure shoite.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

Who says she was unaccompanied. Seems just 1 car so maybe the father brings her. That's a bit like the dublin cycling club who got offended as she looked unhappy on a bike

If an ad doesn't make things reaaaaally obvious, then it's a failure.
    See: Oral B where do dentists go to brush their teeth (AdCo101, 2021).

I giggled at the "Not a real monster" in-between-real-fineprint fineprint on the telly the other day. Now that's a successful ad.
    Can't remember what it was for.

It is what it's.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I have to mute those ads.

oneweb wrote: »
    If an ad doesn't make things reaaaaally obvious, then it's a failure.
    See: Oral B where do dentists go to brush their teeth (AdCo101, 2021).

The Audible ad is ridiculous. First time I saw it, I managed to piece together the Logo and clues and got what they meant, and I'm already an Audible customer. If I didn't know about Audible, the ad would leave me completely clueless.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

You haven't noticed that the intonation has changed from in every one to in everyone since they reduced the size of their chocolate slabs? (previously referring to the amount of milk)
    As said before the new Coca Cola ad is nauseating.
    Agreed, and I only caught the tail end of it.
    And the Snickers ad with your man screaming is pure shoite.
    Baffles me how ad 'execs' are let away with this, as much as the tv 'execs' who line them up for airtime. They should be made to watch it 50 times on a loop before clearing it for broadscast.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,378 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The ad ends by introducing the new tagline – "There’s a glass and a half in everyone" – which refers both to the glass and a half of milk in each bar of Dairy Milk, and the spirit of generosity that exists within people.

they probably had to legally change it since the bars have shrank so much!

• Advertisement

rubadub wrote: »
    they probably had to legally change it since the bars have shrank so much!

Or they noticed a typo and it was cheaper to put out a press release than edit the ad.

Advertisement