Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

I despise paddy power and all bookmakers...

The englishness in the ladbrokes ad disgusts me....where the "nation" plays...

What nation???...get the f*ck out of it....

Ruby walsh is a painful little prick aswell....

Id love to see these gambling ads banned.....

The " head your hunch" annoys me.....you're right about that ruby walsh too. ...'painful' smary little git & dont get me started on his old man

• Registered Users Posts: 6,205 ✭✭✭Archeron

Every life assurance policy ad.

Oh Hi Mary, how are you? I haven't seen you in ages, how is the vegetable patch coming along?

Hi Frank. I'm great thanks. Even better now I know that if I suddenly drop dead my family won't be left with funeral costs. Did you know that it can cost up to five grand to bury a loved one.

Wow, that's amazing Mary. I too have been thinking about death quite a lot lately, and even though I don't care how much funerals cost, I would like to leave my step daughter enough money to build a conservatory. I think I'll call that company right now. Bye

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Archeron wrote: »
    Every life assurance policy ad.

Oh Hi Mary, how are you? I haven't seen you in ages, how is the vegetable patch coming along?

Hi Frank. I'm great thanks. Even better now I know that if I suddenly drop dead my family won't be left with funeral costs. Did you know that it can cost up to five grand to bury a loved one.

Wow, that's amazing Mary. I too have been thinking about death quite a lot lately, and even though I don't care how much funerals cost, I would like to leave my step daughter enough money to build a conservatory. I think I'll call that company right now. Bye

Oh Frank let her have the conservatory I am planning to bury myself in the ****ing vegetable patch, you posh git.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭hkjohn

Elmo wrote: »
    Oh Frank let her have the conservatory I am planning to bury myself in the ****ing vegetable patch, you posh git.

It's obvious Mary's mind is shot as she forgot to tell Frank about the free ballpoint pen!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

What about that Switching ad...

Where the next thing she’s going to switch is the husband..

If the gender was swapped around on that one, there’d be protest marches..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,046 ✭✭✭✭neris

Tim76 wrote: »
    Was watching Eurosport last night, during the ad break every single advert was either for gambling sites or credit financing type ads. No coincidence I'm guessing.

Did they not have the ad with the aul lad bleating on about the quality and "craftsmanship" of some plastic garage doors?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

ckeego wrote: »
    What about that Switching ad...

Where the next thing she’s going to switch is the husband..

If the gender was swapped around on that one, there’d be protest marches..

I doubt there'd be protest marches :P. just the standard eye-rolling & groaning every time the ad comes on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

There's a radio advert on at the moment and the person speaking is talking about Arthur...itis.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,628 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

'You ORRRR going to quit now dad, ORRRnt you' aaargh.

Aaaaaaaargh!
    'When I see an anti-smoking ad, it makes me want to start smoking...'

I have never smoked but that ad may well drive me to it.

Aaaaaaaargh!
    'When I see an anti-smoking ad, it makes me want to start smoking...'

I have never smoked but that ad may well drive me to it.

"Actual recordings of real people" me hole. Every line just delivered school pantomime style.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,542 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

They say 'actual recordings,' like hearing an actual real SMOKER talking will be pure shock value for us all.

The ad with the guy cooking " mams lamb" while listening to a tape of his ( dead I assume) mother.......its so bad I dont even know what its supposed to be pushing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭Acosta

'You ORRRR going to quit now dad, ORRRnt you'

"Yes love. I'm quitting acting."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Good jesus, I am sick of that one that lists every euphemism for a penis, finishing with DONG DONG DONG.

It's as if the Daily Mail team was asked to make a SHOCKING ad for erectile DYSFUNCTION.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

The ad with the guy cooking " mams lamb" while listening to a tape of his ( dead I assume) mother.......its so bad I dont even know what its supposed to be pushing

It's got a Norman Bates Psycho vibe to it.
    Strange ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭fluke

That Tesco dead mam tape advert is bizarre. I thought it was gonna be a Zoom / remote screening thing, but no it's just some dude talking to a tape.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

"Actual recordings of real people" me hole. Every line just delivered school pantomime style.

There's one in the UK where they get "real ppl" to say "I wear a mask to protect my mates".
    Then you hear John Culshaw and the guy that voices over How it's Made.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,085 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I can't believe this bizzare piece wasn't mentioned already.

Quorn advert.

https://youtu.be/bsyd-i5LAO4

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

All lesbian couples comprise one girly one, one manly one. The Arnold Clarke ad on Channel 4OD is particularly annoying where one of them thinks they've lost the keys. That manky nose piercing, Barbie colours; and the other half in thick wooly hat and farmer's jumper. In years to come we'll witness it as toxic lesbianity.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,975 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Quorn advert.

Weird.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Quorn advert.

Such a rip off...

https://youtu.be/cPNLwnMoVoA

And that Poxy ad.....

https://youtu.be/KOhYKmkYqdE

• Registered Users Posts: 30,345 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Quorn advert.

I said it a while ago, terrible terrible ad!

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Pythagorean

The recent ad for the RTE Player, which consists of a minute of pure screeching racket, it's an instant mute. They would do better to spend money improving the actual Player, rather than wasting it on this garbage, which would actually put me off using it.

"I've a secret weapon down my pants."

Why so may ads for women with nappies?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭trashcan

Eggs.. crack on ? More like, .fook off.

I quite like the new butter ad with the grandad babysitting while his daughter goes on a date.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

That sight savers ad should be banned begging for money at this time when people are out of work etc. It's also too bloody long.

"I've a secret weapon down my pants."

Why so may ads for women with nappies?

Just seen that ad on tv there...............I often wonder when these advertising people are all sitting around 'brainstorming ' and this is what they come up with........ does anybody actually put their hand upm& say " whoa there, it's rubbish.....garbage......lets try a different angle"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Just seen that ad on tv there...............I often wonder when these advertising people are all sitting around 'brainstorming ' and this is what they come up with........ does anybody actually put their hand upm& say " whoa there, it's rubbish.....garbage......lets try a different angle"

No...because somebody would be accused of being something or other....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

there's a cat food ad with a man singin 'Oh baby, baby feed me' but it turns out this is the fantasy of the cat owner....so are they trying to sell the cat food on the premise that your cat will fancy you if you do? Bewildering

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

One showing fingernails scraping off a blackboard and one for an optician's with the person speaking with an English accent.

Second one shouldn't annoy me, but it does.

Advertisement