Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭irs

trashcan wrote: »
    Has anyone mentioned the Courage v Fear ad yet ? What a load of our shi ite.

I don't why that ad has been shown since the Leagues haven't been on this year. Really annoying fake "culchie" accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I don’t like the advertisement with Daniel o donnell.

irs wrote: »
    I don't why that ad has been shown since the Leagues haven't been on this year. Really annoying fake "culchie" accent.

Wouldnt say its a fake accent. Sounds like Diarmuid Lyng (former Wexford hurler) doing the voiceover

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭crazy 88

The virgin media ad with the bigfoot who comes out of hiding to get a nothing hidden phone plan :confused:
    was someone paid to come up with that?

poisonated wrote: »
    I don’t like the advertisement with Daniel o donnell.

My dad hates that ad with passion.

• Advertisement

crazy 88 wrote: »
    The virgin media ad with the bigfoot who comes out of hiding to get a nothing hidden phone plan :confused:

The only redeeming feature of that ad is the girls smile at the end. The acting is woeful though.

Damn Danish Sasquatch too. Why the hell is it Danish?

Damn Danish Sasquatch too. Why the hell is it Danish?

I thought he sounds South American.

I thought he sounds South American.

The actor is Danish. At least South American would be the right continent, sort of.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

The Three ad with the child shrieking where are you mummy.
    It's like something out of a horror film, or something. :eek:

Can we have the old ad back with Grandad please!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

The avonmore ad used weather sponsorship where she goes into the fridge moaning because of the names on items. Anyone who has worked and has a shared fridge knows the reason why you put your name on food, because some cheap tight arse thinks everything is theirs to eat, like her.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,975 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

They could at least have made him mildly menacing instead if a complete sap and that cloying music doesn't help.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,975 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

spookwoman wrote: »
    The avonmore ad used weather sponsorship where she goes into the fridge moaning because of the names on items. Anyone who has worked and has a shared fridge knows the reason why you put your name on food, because some cheap tight arse thinks everything is theirs to eat, like her.

I wish theyd drop them alltogether, just show the fecking Avonmore logo to let us know they sponsor it but spare us these unfunny badly acted inserts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

Here we go again with more finger wagging from our sage post-pubescent tree warriors! WE GET IT! Everyone stop driving your f*cking cars, opening fridge doors for too long and leaving the kitchen light on! Her voice drives me up the wall, stop talking through your nose!!! Stop saying mooar!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,855 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Wow, someone's having a normal one.

That said, I'll believe AIB when they stop giving car loans to suburbanites who want the latest SUV.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,113 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

The An Post Insurance ad is so unrealistic.

Like, if there was an emergency, and you needed to ring your insurer there and then, your not going to say "I'm in a pinch" (or whatever it is he says) when the person on the other end of the line answers. It'll probably be automated, and take you ten minutes to get through in the first place.

And the operator isn't going to respond with a sincere "really?" either.

Too nicey, nicey.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,911 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Acosta wrote: »
    ****ing VHI ads. All of them.

Every insurance ad really.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Those radio ads about covid with Mary from Glenroe as the voice over.

The only redeeming feature of that ad is the girls smile at the end. The acting is woeful though.

Ads for broadband/phone providers are generally woeful but I virgin media's are particularly unimaginative and lazy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

spookwoman wrote: »

You'd have to feel a bit sorry for Rachel though. Her lunch consists of just one fairly manky looking scallion. Having said that, the redhead probably ate everything else she had.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭gidget

That Irish Hake & Haddock ad with the daughter thinking her mam’s getting horny going through a dating app is back. Always irritates me the way the daughter uses the British way of addressing her mam as “mum”.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

gidget wrote: »
    That Irish Hake & Haddock ad with the daughter thinking her mam’s getting horny going through a dating app is back. Always irritates me the way the daughter uses the British way of addressing her mam as “mum”.

Where do you get the idea that that is British from? I always called my mother "Mum" growing up, and I'm from Waterford (as was she). Plenty of Irish people do. :confused:

Though yeah, that ad is seriously annoying (for many other reasons).

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Oscar Madison

Adverts with multi cultural partners I f**king despise!

Almost every advert is like this now!

Why?

Lots of people do have a multi-cultural partner in real life. It's not unusual.

My longest relationship was with a Polish girl. My last relationship was with a Chinese girl.

Whats to despise? :confused:

gidget wrote: »

I call my mother Mum. Im from Galway, she's from Cork.

I hate that ad with a passion by the way, but not for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

guitarzero wrote: »

Here we go again with more finger wagging from our sage post-pubescent tree warriors! WE GET IT! Everyone stop driving your f*cking cars, opening fridge doors for too long and leaving the kitchen light on! Her voice drives me up the wall, stop talking through your nose!!! Stop saying mooar!!!

ENOUGH WITH THE PLASTIC! <<<< though I do agree with this :D

Always the critic, I remember similar bland "poetry" being commended in school. Just because you say something in slightly monotonous tone doesn't make it poetry.

but enough with the plastic

read on twitter AIB will soon be the only Irish bank to cut emissions... AIB will soon be the only bank.

I think this says a bit more about you than the ads

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭Acosta

Hi Gemma

fricatus wrote: »
    Where do you get the idea that that is British from? I always called my mother "Mum" growing up, and I'm from Waterford (as was she). Plenty of Irish people do. :confused:

Mam,mom,mum used all over Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Elmo wrote: »
    read on twitter AIB will soon be the only Irish bank to cut emissions... AIB will soon be the only bank.

Yeah, "we pledge..."

Eff off with your pledge. Talk is cheap. Let's see you do something, and report on it.

Advertisement