Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭hkjohn

How on earth can the admen claim curry and chips as "an Irish national treasure"?

First had it in the UK in about 1975.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Annoying ads would frequently turn me off a product but I can always distinguish between the product and the person but sky and Idris Elba have led me to now really despise the man on a personal level.
    Before I'd have been capable of thinking that it's the product that creates the ad and the people in it are just earning a few sheckles for themselves, they just say the annoying lines that are written for them. I'd do it too. That's fine.

But a line has been crossed now. Starting with 'on the days over christmas I like to watch movieeess' to this latest suite in February it's just too much. Its over the line and as far as I'm concerned Elba is part and parcel of it now. Dont @ me.
    Also who would be swayed by movie channels anymore. Its not 2003. We have Netflix and broadband now. Movie channels my hole.
    I've started muting the television when the ads come on and its only when there is silence do I realise how bombarded I am with noise and ads. Would recommend anyone to give it a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭ypres5

hkjohn wrote: »
    How on earth can the admen claim curry and chips as "an Irish national treasure"?

i love mcgrath but he should be prosecuted for his part in that godawful ad

Tim76 wrote: »
    I played a couple of soccer matches on hills like that. Where's my ad?

What are you selling?

I don't want to ruin it for you, but that's not a real pitch.

Yeah WTF is going on here ...men are being emasculated big time....the mother ordering her "Staff" around and the imperious finger wag at the end...

Saw the advt the other in the middle of serious session the other evening and had a strong impulse to fire an empty bottle at the screen.

May have to consider a makeshift chicken wire Grille......

And now we has the "More Mna" movement being promoted by various gobby beures .

Will not end well.......

Honest to God I think you need protecting from your TV more than it needs protecting from you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Whestsidestory

Acosta wrote: »
    I think so. Between watching stuff online and on TV, I'm bombarded with with so much betting ads can't be a hundred percent it's Ladbrokes.

The Ladbrokes ad about horse racing is horrible ..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

I've just seen this new ad for coca-cola. Whenever someone takes a sip, they start uncontrollably dancing like a fücking idiot. I also hate the music.
    Dreadful.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

This feminist shyte - the GAA should rise above this codology

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XCanpTTg6Q

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭crazy 88

Zak Flaps wrote: »
    Also, remember this one?

I recall being in a bar in Dublin watching a big soccer game, the pub was jam packed, at half time everyone started chatting as the ads started up. This ad came on and no exaggeration....the pub went totally silent as everyone just watched in amazement. A proper ad.

Sorry for going against the topic.

We'll never see the likes again. It's quantity not quality now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

Zak Flaps wrote: »
    I've just seen this new ad for coca-cola. Whenever someone takes a sip, they start uncontrollably dancing like a fücking idiot. I also hate the music.
    Dreadful.

Jaysus thats brutal bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

crazy 88 wrote: »
    We'll never see the likes again. It's quantity not quality now

And thats brilliant. The ad that is. Not that quantity is better...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,536 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Danno wrote: »
    This feminist shyte - the GAA should rise above this codology
    ]

Codology like raising funds for an aspect of the game that has been poorly funded for decades? Are the egos really that fragile lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

A type of ad iv'e come to despise is a movie package ad, so ads for Sky Movies or Netflix or Disney+ where the narrator will say something & then they'll cut in a clip of whatever film where a character acts like they're reacting to what the narrator said, repeat for 30 seconds.
    It's just such a f*&^ing lazy, zero effort attempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Codology like raising funds for an aspect of the game that has been poorly funded for decades? Are the egos really that fragile lads?

Nothing to do with male ego's, I think the ad is over the top as well. Also hypocritical from GAA considering the disparity in funding between male and females in the sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Is solutions not the noun in question here? It doesn't sound right to say "Our range of XXX solutions is tailored for your needs"

“Solutions is” sounds wrong in isolation due to the proximity of the words, but the noun phrase is “range of solutions”, and that’s singular. The range is what’s tailored, not the solutions. You can argue the opposite of course, but if that’s the case, best just to say say “our solutions are”.

People understandably make this mistake all the time, and I wouldn’t criticise it in normal speech; however this is sloppy in an ad for the country’s largest bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

I don't want to ruin it for you, but that's not a real pitch.

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the state of Irish pitches ;)

https://www.reddit.com/r/ireland/comments/gbk2wu/football_pitches_in_donegal_be_like/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Ribena ad with Andrew Berry. Christ it's bloody annoying and I know I shouldn't say it but I'd live to knock his eyeball straight, it's that annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭MfMan

PieOhMy wrote: »
    Annoying ads would frequently turn me off a product but I can always distinguish between the product and the person but sky and Idris Elba have led me to now really despise the man on a personal level.

Elba is insufferably smug.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,854 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Heckler wrote: »
    Jaysus thats brutal bad.

Stupid dancing to shït music is all the rage now

spookwoman wrote: »
    Ribena ad with Andrew Berry. Christ it's bloody annoying and I know I shouldn't say it but I'd live to knock his eyeball straight, it's that annoying.

I feel exactly the same about that ad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

spookwoman wrote: »

I love that ad, always makes me smile. I didn't know he was well known.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

scotchy wrote: »

No, he's just a character for the ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

Stupid dancing to shït music is all the rage now

All thanks to fuppin Tik Tok :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

scotchy wrote: »

+1...love his reaction..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,674 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

That schoolmarmy granny type on the radio covid adds... "supported by the government of Ireland"

Its funded relative to attendances and interest.The women have as much to grieve about as athe Leitrim hurlers, so they can make it about gender all they like

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Eh, what's that from? Might as well claim any old random thing that caught on here as a national treasure.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭hkjohn

Eh, what's that from? Might as well claim any old random thing that caught on here as a national treasure.

From current cheap and nasty TVC featuring Paul McGrath extolling the virtues of "chips and curry sauce on the way home from the match"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

From current cheap and nasty TVC featuring Paul McGrath extolling the virtues of "chips and curry sauce on the way home from the match"

I won't hear a bad word said against Paul McGrath. But yeah, the ad is horrific.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,711 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

That ad for the pain medication is dire. The hand movement if put them together is awful. Give me a medifacts ad anyday

Advertisement