Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Government Benefits Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

phormium wrote: »
    In theory you could get 203 jobseekers benefit, 147 qualified dependent and 36 for child which is more than you are on but I don't know how your wife's existing payment is treated, don't know whether she is considered a dependent adult if she has an existing social welfare payment of her own, if it's not allowed then you are better off on what you are on.

Ring Citizens Info and find out how her payment is treated with a jobseekers benefit payment for you and then apply for that if it benefits you if you have not already done so.

PS just looked it up and presuming your wife's income is below 310 it looks like you could get a reduced dependent adult allowance, might not amount to much different to what you are on but Citizens info could tell you anyway.

Thanks for the reply. Her income is less than 310 pw

Bank holiday incoming - anyone got any idea if we'll see the P.U.P tonight or will it be Tuesday as normal?

We've had two bank holidays so far, and it was Friday the first time and Tuesday the second time. I'm assuming Tuesday again - but hoping for Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭GreenGrass2019

Bank holiday incoming - anyone got any idea if we'll see the P.U.P tonight or will it be Tuesday as normal?

We've had two bank holidays so far, and it was Friday the first time and Tuesday the second time. I'm assuming Tuesday again - but hoping for Friday.

I'm assuming Tuesday also! Keep an eye on Twitter!

I'm assuming Tuesday also! Keep an eye on Twitter!

Twitter? I'm what way? Like do social welfare have an account on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭GreenGrass2019

Twitter? I'm what way? Like do social welfare have an account on it?

https://twitter.com/welfare_ie
    welfare.ie (@welfare_ie) · Twitter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Smegging hell

Didn't receive it today so assuming it will be Tuesday again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭monty_python

What's the story with holiday pay now??
    Are employee's still entitled to their full holiday pay from employers ??

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭- bo -

I'm open to correction but I think the double week was only because of it being Good Friday before the bank holiday Monday? So then it would be the usual single payment on Tuesday next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭kerryjack

Looking at this myself I was on temporary layoff since March but has been told be email that my contract is to be finishing on 4 june . Don't see on irish but has seen in UK you are entitled to accruing annual leave during time in furlough don't know what story here in this country but should get a few euro next week fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sparky_42

kerryjack wrote: »
    Looking at this myself I was on temporary layoff since March but has been told be email that my contract is to be finishing on 4 june . Don't see on irish but has seen in UK you are entitled to accruing annual leave during time in furlough don't know what story here in this country but should get a few euro next week fingers crossed.

My company advised us that we do not accrue Annual Leave whilst on temporary lay-off/furlough, but we do accrue the Public Holidays that fell during the period. As there is 3 public holidays during this period, it’s virtually the same as the approx. 3.5 days annual leave that would’ve accrued over April/May.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Sparky_42 wrote: »
    My company advised us that we do not accrue Annual Leave whilst on temporary lay-off/furlough, but we do accrue the Public Holidays that fell during the period. As there is 3 public holidays during this period, it’s virtually the same as the approx. 3.5 days annual leave that would’ve accrued over April/May.

Do you know if this is a legal requirement or a goodwill gesture on behalf of your employer? My employer will not give us anything above what they are legally required to, I had assumed we wouldn’t get any holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Would a babysitter who was paid cash by a family for weekly care of 3 children be entitled to a covid payment?

Babysitter is not on any welfare payment

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭wazzer1

Not if they didnt pay tax or prsi

• Registered Users Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

wazzer1 wrote: »
    Not if they didnt pay tax or prsi

Thanks
    Just wanted that clarified

• Registered Users Posts: 5,229 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Has there been any word if they are going to extend Covid payment pass June?

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Has there been any word if they are going to extend Covid payment pass June?

Not yet

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

No. No holidays or public holidays were accrued.

kerryjack wrote: »

No holidays or public holidays were accrued in the lay off. If you had accrued holidays and hadn’t taken them before you were laid off then you’d be entitled to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭head82

splinter65 wrote: »
    No holidays or public holidays were accrued in the lay off. If you had accrued holidays and hadn’t taken them before you were laid off then you’d be entitled to that.

It was my understanding that although no annual holidays were accrued during the lay off, public holiday entitlements still applied. At least those that occured during the first 13 weeks from time of lay off.

From Citizensinformation.ie:

"Lay off or short-time working

Many people have questions about public holidays during the COVID-19 pandemic. During lay off or short-time working, you still are employed by your employer and your contract of employment remains in force. This means that you are entitled to benefit for any public holidays that occur during the first 13 weeks of lay off. You do not accrue annual leave during lay off but you are entitled to take annual leave that you accrued before being laid off."

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sparky_42

head82 wrote: »
    It was my understanding that although no annual holidays were accrued during the lay off, public holiday entitlements still applied. At least those that occured during the first 13 weeks from time of lay off.

Many people have questions about public holidays during the COVID-19 pandemic. During lay off or short-time working, you still are employed by your employer and your contract of employment remains in force. This means that you are entitled to benefit for any public holidays that occur during the first 13 weeks of lay off. You do not accrue annual leave during lay off but you are entitled to take annual leave that you accrued before being laid off."

This is exactly what my employer advised me and this is the correct information. Those that said earlier that the public holidays don’t accrue are incorrect. If your employment is terminated, you should get paid out whatever annual leave was owed (in my case I have 33 days accrued), plus the 3 public holidays that fell in Apr, May & June, plus whatever redundancy entitlements your contract states (mine is 2 weeks for every year of service). I think the government mandates some redundancy payment for those that don’t have it in contract?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭head82

For anyone who was intending to apply for statutory redundancy due to being laid off for such a lenghty period of time.. typically 4 ~ 6 weeks pre-Covid days.. the goalposts have just been moved.

The Minister for Employment Affairs and Social Protection, Regina Doherty announced in the last couple of days:
    "Cabinet has decided to extend the suspension of redundancy provisions relating to temporary lay-off and short-time work which arose as a result of Covid-19 until August 10th."

Essentially, an employees statutory rights have been 'deferred' "to ensure the future viability of businesses and help prevent further permanent job losses."

I know I'm probably reading too much between the lines here but it would at least appear that PUP/WSS payments (in some shape or form) will continue until at least that date.. August 10.

As this is a state enforced economic lockdown.. I don't think my assumptions are too far off the mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Turbofocus

Just after been paid the €350 there early Into Boi

• Registered Users Posts: 5,229 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Turbofocus wrote: »
    Just after been paid the €350 there early Into Boi

Just checked me too, great down the pub tonight.

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Just checked me too, great down the pub tonight.

Nothing in aib

head82 wrote: »

That was my understanding but when I rang Employment rights the information officer was emphatic that the answer was no.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Smegging hell

Nothing in aib

Payments into AIB accounts usually go through early on Tuesday morning - 4am was the time referenced earlier in the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saz2020

Has anyone gotten their Tuesday payment show up on their mywelfare account. it usually appears on my payment history after midnight but theres nothing showing yet on mine

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Turbofocus

Just checked on my welfare and theres nothing showing up for this weeks payment for me either.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭ATC110

Is the PUP €350 payable for 12 weeks or 8th June regardless of how many payments they've received?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saz2020

Turbofocus wrote: »
    Just checked on my welfare and theres nothing showing up for this weeks payment for me either.

Thanks for the response. yeah i got paid on Tuesday but did not show up on mywelfare which is weird. Glad im not the only one :)

Advertisement