Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel vs Capcom 3 discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Super skrull?!

Looks like kirby's got a flame shooting bendy man...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

"The game will also have an eclectic and robust mix of music, with at least 100 pieces including remixes of favorites from previous Marvel Vs. Capcom games"

Who's ready to be taken for a ride? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

"The game will also have an eclectic and robust mix of music, with at least 100 pieces including remixes of favorites from previous Marvel Vs. Capcom games"

Who's ready to be taken for a ride? :D
    I hope they the exact track, unremixed, as the character select music. Another 10 years of pain!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Jim wrote: »
    I hope they the exact track, unremixed, as the character select music. Another 10 years of awesome!

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Orim wrote: »

can't quite catch those lyrics, can someone post a link to lyrics page plz? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Xinkai wrote: »
    can't quite catch those lyrics, can someone post a link to lyrics page plz? :pac:

10 I wanna take you for a ride
    20 goto 10

I'm oddly enjoying this youtube video.

Edit: Aw, it's over. Replay!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

u8vp5.jpg
    Now THAT's what I call a SHINKUU HADOUKEN!!

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

In that kotaku poster, can anyone help me out with the whose who?

Dante is just to the right of chris (you can see his sword clearly in this picture) but whose above him? Is it Doom?

Frank west on the very far right! :D

But on the upper left (the one kinda covered by morrigan's hair) WTF is that? I thought ghost rider but the pauldrons dont suit him. New goblin? Or is a capcom guy?

If you look at the shadows on the left from top to bottom it goes
    Marvel, capcom, capcom, marvel, capcom guy.

Also... I want Arthur from ghouls and ghosts!

Kotaku has theroised that its Super Skrull.

I see Deadpool, Chun Li, Captain America, Dante.

Can't make out the hairy guy under Chris' elbow.
    Guy to the right of Chris' wrist could be the protagonist of Dead Rising 2 (maybe?).

Also, my bet is Thor's, as is Spiderman (both having movies soon).

And I want Leon S. Kennedy in this game.
    Complete with QTEs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Complete with QTEs.

That is the best idea I've heard all day.

Just saw a super-highres pic of the poster.
    Someone else posted:
    Left of Morrigan: Super Skrull.
    Under Super Skrull: Mephisto.
    Under Memphisto: Black Widow
    Under Black Widow: Deadpool
    Under Deadpool: Chunli.

Right of Chris: Doom
    Under Ant man: Dante
    Under and to the right of Dante:Frank West
    Under Frank West: Captain America
    Left to Captain America: Felicia

Also, Black Widow could be the chick from P.N.03

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Complete with QTEs.

Then you'd have to have Krauser!

/shuttles off to play RE4

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Dante ftw!

It would be nice if Virgil made an appearance

Nightcrawler ftw!

Also I hope they don't put in that combo breaker mechanic from TvC.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Absolutely agreed with Orim, but who knows how even basic mechanics will turn out regarding infs at this stage (I'm pretty sure they're going to have some stupid burst mechanic though).

I'll take a limited burst over infinite combos any day, TYVM.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Looking over the list of Capcom games there, I'd love if they stuck in someone like the chick from P.N.03. That game was almost good, and it'd be awesome to see her in a fighter. She'd want to be all counter based though, so that might not fit well in a MvC game.

Also, I'd be happy with a burst mechanic - those infinites and even just the reeeeaally long combos in MvC2 got old real quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,977 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Yeah I prefer the TvC style over MvC2, but that game needed to be faster.

It appears to have a similar look, but hopefully it'll be sped up.

A lot of the fighters in TvC are too varied in fundamental ways, though, for my liking. I'm talking about the guy who walks so slowly he's barely moving at all, or that evil lady who constantly summons henchmen, or Megaman's weird weapon-switching mechanic, or yer wan with the huge gun and no basic moves, or the two giant robots that take two character slots.... there were a lot of extremes in that game that really hurt the flow a little for me. Hopefully MvC3 will keep the craziness intact and the excessiveness in check.

• Advertisement

Dunjohn wrote: »
    Hopefully MvC3 will keep the craziness intact and the excessiveness in check.

Your going to hate Marvel.

Would have been awesome if they'd done 2D HD comic book style sprites for the characters or something. Missed opportunity I think. Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Wesker and Green Goblin are the characters I'd most like to see. Two striking, popular characters with distinctive fighting styles - win.

Actually, apparently these are in game images minus lighting etc

500x_mvsc_poster_wolverine_fix-1000_01.jpg
    500x_mvsc_poster_ryu_fix-1000_01.jpg
    500x_mvsc_poster_morrigan_fix-1000_01.jpg

More here http://kotaku.com/5520736/a-first-look-at-marvel-vs-capcom-3s-in+game-graphics

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

new sprites, finally.
    will take them forever to make em,
    i guess they dont have to worry about game mechanics, as the games way too mental for any one to care

Orim wrote: »
    Your going to hate Marvel.
    I loved MvC2 and the various X-Men fighters. TvC swung a little wide in some areas, though, that's what I'm hoping won't be repeated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

http://shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=232443&p=8859293&viewfull=1#post8859293

Deadpool, Dante, Captain America and Felicia supposedly revealed in Game Informer.

Tatsunoko button config? Ugh. It feels wrong doing shoryukens and hurricane kicks with the same button press damn it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Sorry couldnt get my scanner to work. Seriously go pick up the new GameInformer. This is all there. Ill post what they said and you be the judge:
    All directly quoted.

-"MVC3 aims to knock down the wall of complicated controls and open up the field of strategic fighting to all comers. This means fusing the accessible controls of TVC with tried and true MVC2 gameplay."

-"3 on 3 tag team combat returns, complete with the assists and team building structure of the previous title. Veterans can look forward to alpha, beta, and hyper move cancels."

-simplified = launchers are now universally done with one button, the EXCHANGE button. "That's not all the exchange button can do; by pressing it along with certain directions, players can slam opponents into the ground, leaving them susceptible to combo continuation. Players can also hit the exchange button in midair to tag in other team members on the fly." You can also counter their exchange move by guessing which exchange to hit at the same time, ala, throw countering in tekken.

Theres the skinny. 100% legit.

And screenshots:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VInRyA3JNQY

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

that just sounds awful

Advertisement