Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

Wow today is a bad day I'm minus 10% overall. Time to stop looking at my accounts and try get some daylight!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

Good day to get into Argo Blockchain?

Good day to get into Argo Blockchain?

Like catching a knife, I know because i've tried twice and she keeps going down. Might have a bit more to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Yellon may be the reason for the current crypto selloff - https://markets.businessinsider.com/currencies/news/bitcoin-price-cryptocurrency-should-be-curtailed-terrorism-concerns-yellen-2021-1-1029985692

If US investors are curtailed from investing the price has only one way to go for crypto and its related stocks, I'm on the sidelines for now.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,918 ✭✭✭circadian

Up nearly 3% today, which is nice. Inauguration Day seemed mental for me as I was down 5% overall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭PHG

Just bought first share of the year, LUCECO (LUCE)
    Sold off a few of my holdings (one stopped out) but finished with a decent year thankfully.

Current Holdings

Spreadbet Account
    Calnex - Bought 6th Nov @59.14, SL is at 99 now.
    Luceco - Today @ 280, alert at 260. I think I mentioned this crowd in the old thread but couldn't get a position until today that filled my criteria

Speculative Account
    BoI - Average Buy around 190
    Bitcoin - Entry at $9200
    S&P500 - In Since End of April

Had Somero on my my list but issues with account due to changeover with Brexit so missed the boat. I think its a definite to look out for but once I miss an opportunity like that I rarely will buy as can get emotionally attached.

NNDM flying on serious volume today, think this was mooted a while back on this thread?, slight FOMO here.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Supercell wrote: »
    NNDM flying on serious volume today, think this was mooted a while back on this thread?, slight FOMO here.

Defo hitting the hype train, with loads of YouTube "experts" recommending it last few days lol. They have had like 6 share offerings the last few months, and currently have a massive amount of cash on hand (almost like a SPAC), so if your getting in be prepared for another offering or so lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭outonawing

outonawing wrote: »
    Speaking of SPACS, GHIV will be merging with United Wholesale Mortgage soon. The vote takes place on January 20th. I'd expect a hike from the current $13.08 in the run up to the vote and beyond.

Well I got that one wrong. It's one I'll hold post merger, hoping for half decent future.

Think we've Timmaay to thank for this one, up 55% myself :)

• Advertisement

Timmaay wrote: »
    Defo hitting the hype train, with loads of YouTube "experts" recommending it last few days lol. They have had like 6 share offerings the last few months, and currently have a massive amount of cash on hand (almost like a SPAC), so if your getting in be prepared for another offering or so lol.
    Thanks, yes was reading that, put me off tbh.
    I've some funds burning ae in my pocket right now though! Not a sensible investing method. As they might say on r/wallstreetbets I wanna go retard.

Thanks, yes was reading that, put me off tbh.
    I've some funds burning ae in my pocket right now though! Not a sensible investing method. As they might say on r/wallstreetbets I wanna go retard.

Find stocks that the 20, 50 and 100day moving averages are all on an uptrend like this (which there are loads across this bullrun the last 9months), and only buy on the pullback to the 20day moving average, that's been my gold rule the last few months, and nano has taken off the last few weeks and pulled too far away for now, wait for the pullback is my advice.

outonawing wrote: »
    Think we've Timmaay to thank for this one, up 55% myself :)

Ha, no someone else here mentioned it about 3months ago, I've been averaging into it since 3$, had almost 8k shares at one stage, but have taken profits across the last day or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Intel smashing it...up 7% right before close and earnings were apparently leaked right before the bell.

Ha, no someone else here mentioned it about 3months ago, I've been averaging into it since 3$, had almost 8k shares at one stage, but have taken profits across the last day or so.

You'll have some CGT bill this year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

Intel smashing it...up 7% right before close and earnings were apparently leaked right before the bell.

you can thank me for that - I gave up on Intel, decided to get out and invest my cash elsewhere. As sure a buy signal as there ever was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Chuckie_Egg

I know it doesn't read like the usual robin hood list but it's a bit different to most
    main holdings get balanced to around 8% each once they go to 10% I trim them back

Main holdings
    Cash 15%

Intel
    Exxon Mobile
    Skyworks Solutions
    UCB sa
    Shanghai Henlius Biotech
    Aryzta
    Volkswagen
    Disney
    Baba
    iShares Core FTSE 100

Current Speculative holdings (<8%)
    Nano dimensions
    Cocrystal Pharma
    Churchill Capital Corp
    Winston Gold corp

Find stocks that the 20, 50 and 100day moving averages are all on an uptrend like this (which there are loads across this bullrun the last 9months), and only buy on the pullback to the 20day moving average, that's been my gold rule the last few months, and nano has taken off the last few weeks and pulled too far away for now, wait for the pullback is my advice.

And talking about uptrending stocks pulling back to their 20day ma, my two picks to start buying into tomorrow are Square and Lthm. Square is already under the 20ma, will be interesting to see what base it can form, 214 would put it at its 50day ma, but good bit of support at 215, anything under 220 and looking like a green day and I'll buy. LTHM which is a lithium company, and is doing very well with all the EV/Biden clean energy, the aim there is a dip under 21. The Crispr chart is setting up very nicely also, however Ark invest offloading Crispr shares the last day or so definitely would make me cautious on it, Cathy Woods buying and selling patterns has a definite effect on the share price sentiment I think, so I'm on the sidelines until I see a clear reason why they are selling.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭virginmediapls

exited IAG with 42% profit from last few months....new covid variants have me scared

exited IAG with 42% profit from last few months....new covid variants have me scared

Long term they'll be fine I think. They just acquired an airline for 500m and don't have to pay for 6 years. They also didn't take any bailouts so won't be government tied in a few years! as long as they can make it through. Buy and forget is my strategy on them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Paul_Mc1988

And coming straight back down this morning with some outsourcing and delay news.... I'd say away it's too volatile and risky

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Underground

I made a decent gain on an SNP500 index fund that I exited around September as it had reached pre covid highs again and it seemed the only possible, logical way was down.

It's gone up another 11% since I sold it. You'd have to wonder how long can that last.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I made a decent gain on an SNP500 index fund that I exited around September as it had reached pre covid highs again and it seemed the only possible, logical way was down.

It's gone up another 11% since I sold it. You'd have to wonder how long can that last.

Yea i'm looking to buy into something and the markets not making sense. It's like Seth Klarman said yesterday, investors are like frogs boiling in a pot at the moment. It all seems overpriced.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭jams100

Expect a pullback, but it will keep going up. I've posted this before but, where do you put your money if not in equities?
    Of all the companies that have reported earnings so far they've all on average beat estimates by 19% :eek:

Whilst the FED, ECB etc. keep pumping money into the market I don't see any crash.

Bottom line. There's nowhere you can put your money right now and get a decent return except equities. While the fed keep pumping in money and record numbers keep getting posted then you've just got to ride the wave. Obviously don't put every cent you own into any one asset and try diversify across multiple sectors.

Remember covid will end at some point and all this extra money they've printed will be sloshing around!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

What are your guys strategies on buying a stock which you are already significantly up on, and you want to increase your position. Do you buy on red days, or ?

For instance: I have Asana at an average price of 27. It is trading around 39 now. But I want to buy more of it. Do you wait for a much bigger pull back, or do you just buy, bearing in mind that it will increase your average price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭littlevillage

The talking heads/pundits now predicting a Stock market pull back in the early spring... as soon as the euphoria of Joe Biden's victory dies down and the impact of the massive taxes that are going to be levied to pay for all his measures..... sink in.

One guy this morning, suggesting Bitcoins recent wobble might be a signal that the Stock Market pullback is imminent.

But who knows??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Don't even bother trying to time the market, you'll never get it right. The line on the S&P always goes from bottom left to top right, there's a few bumps along the way, but it always goes towards that top right corner

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭Shedite27

What are your guys strategies on buying a stock which you are already significantly up on, and you want to increase your position. Do you buy on red days, or ?

For instance: I have Asana at an average price of 27. It is trading around 39 now. But I want to buy more of it. Do you wait for a much bigger pull back, or do you just buy, bearing in mind that it will increase your average price.
    If ya want more Asana, just buy it. It may come down 10%, but it might go up another 15% before it comes down 10%

Asana's a great company, gonna be around for a long time. It might be $37 next week, but regardless, it'll be worth $50+ by the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭the butcher

jams100 wrote: »

Remember covid will end at some point and all this extra money they've printed will be sloshing around!

I do wonder will we get a modern equivalent of this (most likely I reckon) -> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roaring_Twenties

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Underground

jams100 wrote: »
    Expect a pullback, but it will keep going up. I've posted this before but, where do you put your money if not in equities?
    Of all the companies that have reported earnings so far they've all on average beat estimates by 19% :eek:

Whilst the FED, ECB etc. keep pumping money into the market I don't see any crash.

Bottom line. There's nowhere you can put your money right now and get a decent return except equities. While the fed keep pumping in money and record numbers keep getting posted then you've just got to ride the wave. Obviously don't put every cent you own into any one asset and try diversify across multiple sectors.

Great point re the increased money supply.

The massive investor demand for long term government bonds with negative yields starts to make more and more sense every day.

Advertisement