Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭AOH77A

Wallstreetbets guys are pumping BB as well. Might be worth a punt.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Irishder

I think IDEX is set up for a strong week

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

buyer95 wrote: »
    Are you going in on Monday on GME? I'm considering it

Unlikely, I'd say it will go wild in premarket (which I can't trade), and the 1st 15mins of the NYSE open is unpredictable, usually sees an initial market pump and rapid drop, I most certainly won't be sitting with a buy order at the market open, all I might do is take a quick 5min scalp again if there is serious momentum and price movement during the day, but I ain't spending the whole day starring at the gme chart waiting for that moment lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jimmythehat16

First time Boards poster here. I apologise in advance for such a long post.

I mainly invest in small pharma stocks with late stage trials and small market caps (usually US listed). I just thought I would post some companies that I have bought over the years to allow others (probably with more investment expertise than me) to research themselves if they wish. I would consider them all high risk investments.

BCLI (Market Cap 167mn) - US/ Israeli company developing stem cell treatment for Motor Neurone Disease. Phase 3 results out recently didn't meet primary endpoints. Hugely difficult disease to treat with a long list of companies that have failed - current treatments very limited. Company seems to be still hopeful of some form of FDA approval in coming months for the following reasons:
    1. The treatment had 35% response rate (same as Phase 2 trial), but unusually high placebo group response rate in this trial also - company digging into data to see if can be explained.
    2. Subset of patients that were newly diagnosed showed significant improvement vs placebo (talk of possible path to approval for recently diagnosed patients only).
    3. Company have identified first biomarkers for disease and treatment showed improvement in these biomarkers.
    BCLI also due to read out phase 2 MS trial in Q1 2021 and start Alzheimers trial in Europe.

NWBO (Market Cap 1.2bn)- Treatment for Glioblastoma, trial had being going on for many years, finally concluded late last year. Data locked and results due in Q1. Some experts think it has a great chance, but I expect this to either multiply many times or go to nothing based on the trial results, as the company has little else in pipeline. Similar to MND, GBM has been a very tough nut to crack for pharma but hopefully the trend has to change at some point.

SRNE (Market Cap 2.5bn)- Big pipeline of Oncology, COVID treatments/ tests and Pain treatments, also has stakes in several other companies. CEO seems very unpredictable and more focused on expanding the early stage pipeline than getting treatments to market, if he delivers on even a quarter of what he says - this could be worth multiples. Analysts have targets around $30, its currently approx $10. CEO came out last week to say he expects market cap of 200bn in 3-5 years (serious pinch of salt needed as currently its around 2.5bn)

BCRX (Market Cap 1.6bn) - Several drug candidates. One recently approved for HAE (rare genetic disease) in US and Japan (Europe to follow). Another drug in trials for some immuno diseases. Company also has Galidesivir (an antiviral) being trialed on several viruses - COVID trial appears to have been unsuccessful as they decided not to go forward to final trial.

RFL (Market Cap 427mn) - In phase 3 trials for a Pancreatic Cancer treatment. Phase 2 data promising, company very under the radar - I only came across it by chance when it was mentioned in an Oncology article. Similar to others above, another very difficult disease to treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭pitrn

Is anyone holding Mara worried, bitcoin is fluctating big time ... Please add your thoughts if you are holding long term or planning to get out of it..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    thinking of opening a short position in Ryanair , a month ago would have been a better time but considering how bleak the picture has become in the last while , the stock is still quite expensive

I would go with short term expiry, I work with a supplier to them, and their future is bright, they’ll be the strongest airline in the EU after covid passes.

pitrn wrote: »
    Is anyone holding Mara worried, bitcoin is fluctating big time ... Please add your thoughts if you are holding long term or planning to get out of it..

Its crypto, expect a minimum of 50% volatility across short time spaces. My bep is 19.50 and I'm defo not worried, my only regret is I didn't hang back until it actually dropped to its 20day ma, which it did nicely and bounced off on Friday, actually a lovely setup to buy right now.

Timmaay wrote: »
    Its crypto, expect a minimum of 50% volatility across short time spaces. My bep is 19.50 and I'm defo not worried, my only regret is I didn't hang back until it actually dropped to its 20day ma, which it did nicely and bounced off on Friday, actually a lovely setup to buy right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,380 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Supercell wrote: »
    What about bitcoin?, literally no real world value whatsoever, there are many other crypto coins that do everything BTC does and much better, talk about a total ponzi scheme yet its valued at insane levels.

Gold has no real world value either, it's only worth somethign because others are accepting it's worth that amount. And as Bob Harris points out, Bitcoin has a lot of advantages over Gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,380 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Valhallapt wrote: »
    Have been following GME and the wallstreetbets subreddit, I’m fascinated by how they operate and how many hits they have had.

They are pumping BB pretty heavy, so I threw a pile of money at it out of sheer FOMO, kinda goes against my investing philosophy of buy and hold. But thought fck it, and gambled on BB.
    Supercell wrote: »
    I'm tempted to do the same looking at their success with GME, some folks on there have made life changing amounts of money on just that.
    The problem with the tactic is that you have to be watching all day while the markets are open (or have stop losses in place). Then none of the brokers that we use allow out of hours trading, so if it crashes in those hours you're goosed. There's been thousands of these penny stocks pump'n'dumps through the years, those wallstreetbets lads publicise the winners, you can guarantee there's a lot of losers in there too. And finally, those yanks have it a lot easier when it comes to calculating CGT. If you're buying and selling every few days it's going to be a headache at the end of the year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,348 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Gold has no real world value either, it's only worth somethign because others are accepting it's worth that amount. And as Bob Harris points out, Bitcoin has a lot of advantages over Gold.

Circuit boards, satellites, jewelry....

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭1wizards sleeve

Irishder wrote: »
    I think IDEX is set up for a strong week

I've been watching them. Seem to be ready for a take off alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭HamSarris

I'm planning to short Tesla when it gets to 7 dollars

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭jefferson73

First time Boards poster here. I apologise in advance for such a long post.

I mainly invest in small pharma stocks with late stage trials and small market caps (usually US listed). I just thought I would post some companies that I have bought over the years to allow others (probably with more investment expertise than me) to research themselves if they wish. I would consider them all high risk investments.

BCLI (Market Cap 167mn) - US/ Israeli company developing stem cell treatment for Motor Neurone Disease. Phase 3 results out recently didn't meet primary endpoints. Hugely difficult disease to treat with a long list of companies that have failed - current treatments very limited. Company seems to be still hopeful of some form of FDA approval in coming months for the following reasons:
    1. The treatment had 35% response rate (same as Phase 2 trial), but unusually high placebo group response rate in this trial also - company digging into data to see if can be explained.
    2. Subset of patients that were newly diagnosed showed significant improvement vs placebo (talk of possible path to approval for recently diagnosed patients only).
    3. Company have identified first biomarkers for disease and treatment showed improvement in these biomarkers.
    BCLI also due to read out phase 2 MS trial in Q1 2021 and start Alzheimers trial in Europe.

NWBO (Market Cap 1.2bn)- Treatment for Glioblastoma, trial had being going on for many years, finally concluded late last year. Data locked and results due in Q1. Some experts think it has a great chance, but I expect this to either multiply many times or go to nothing based on the trial results, as the company has little else in pipeline. Similar to MND, GBM has been a very tough nut to crack for pharma but hopefully the trend has to change at some point.

SRNE (Market Cap 2.5bn)- Big pipeline of Oncology, COVID treatments/ tests and Pain treatments, also has stakes in several other companies. CEO seems very unpredictable and more focused on expanding the early stage pipeline than getting treatments to market, if he delivers on even a quarter of what he says - this could be worth multiples. Analysts have targets around $30, its currently approx $10. CEO came out last week to say he expects market cap of 200bn in 3-5 years (serious pinch of salt needed as currently its around 2.5bn)

BCRX (Market Cap 1.6bn) - Several drug candidates. One recently approved for HAE (rare genetic disease) in US and Japan (Europe to follow). Another drug in trials for some immuno diseases. Company also has Galidesivir (an antiviral) being trialed on several viruses - COVID trial appears to have been unsuccessful as they decided not to go forward to final trial.

RFL (Market Cap 427mn) - In phase 3 trials for a Pancreatic Cancer treatment. Phase 2 data promising, company very under the radar - I only came across it by chance when it was mentioned in an Oncology article. Similar to others above, another very difficult disease to treat.

Thanks, some good detail there; i've a small position with BCLI and a larger one with ALLO (Allogene).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

I held Sorrento about a year ago and I remember they announced two buy out offers that they rejected though never revealed from who or exactly how much.
    A lot of their claims seem questionable and I seem to remember throwing themselves into the covid spotlight also but as far as I know they've produced nothing of note in that regard. Id be wary of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,936 ✭✭✭circadian

Tesla's at least is based on technology/Elon's vision. GME's is based on a ponzi scheme. It is inevitable that some retail investors (not just shorts) will get burned.

I dunno. Ryan Cohen is set to take control at the next AGM in June with 5 our of 9 board seats and he's already had success in transforming businesses into modern ecommerce operations.

I believe Gamestop are also in talks with MS, Activision and Sony for some sort of content delivery. So, who knows? They already pivoted during covid to online retail quite well with that sector up 300% and closing the majority of retail stores that weren't profitable.

Yeah it could all go tits up but at the same time, there are moves being made in the company.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Valhallapt wrote: »
    I would go with short term expiry, I work with a supplier to them, and their future is bright, they’ll be the strongest airline in the EU after covid passes.

agreed but the price is a little high considering the regression in covid situation

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    agreed but the price is a little high considering the regression in covid situation

They just need to announce they are working on an electric car. Problem solved. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

CCIV up to $30 now premarket, Hopefully we'll get the announcement soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    CCIV up to $30 now premarket, Hopefully we'll get the announcement soon.

Was planning on buying in this morning. Never too late I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

buyer95 wrote: »
    Was planning on buying in this morning. Never too late I guess.

I already have some. I'll be buying more. I'm a bit anoyed it's all happening pre market. I was hoping retail could have a shot at hearing the announcement then quickly investing.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭DulchieLaois

Hate this pre market rises

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Gamestop is absolutely relentless, $90 in pre-market now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Theses updates are going to date quickly. I saw it at 117 now at 110 dollars.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,793 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Its back in the 80s now, its gonna continue to be messy till opening surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

GEVO up 20% pre-market

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

For the grins of it I looked at shorting it through my broker. It is classed as hard to get. So I would be paying 1500% interest to short it now. The max put option I can get is 60 as well (so is out of money); very strange. I can see the SEC going to town on this.

Think it still will go up a bit more with the short squeeze as so many shares are shorted, but the company is on its last legs, so it will eventually come down to 0 in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Stormington

ddarcy wrote: »
    For the grins of it I looked at shorting it through my broker. It is classed as hard to get. So I would be paying 1500% interest to short it now. The max put option I can get is 60 as well (so is out of money); very strange. I can see the SEC going to town on this.

Think it still will go up a bit more with the short squeeze as so many shares are shorted, but the company is on its last legs, so it will eventually come down to 0 in my opinion.
    Please short it. I will gladly take your money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Hate this pre market rises

It's so much easier to be in the US, pre-market /post-market, good taxation.

Advertisement